Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecurtdj
Space Ranger
Male

Mushrooms: Awakening the Mind, Learning From Bad Trips
    #7420836 - 09/17/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hello everyone! I am 25 years old and I have had many wonderful experiences tripping on mushrooms. I feel that I am like many of you, I believe that the changes that mushrooms induce on a sane mind are quite positive and beneficial. I have also worked to convince the people who are close to me of the positive value of hallucinogens. I want to explain two types of positive changes that mushrooms have given me, so that anyone who is unaware of these changes, or having bad trips, may be able to have a more positive experience.

Although, I want to help you to avoid a bad trip, I do think that a bad trip is an important experience. I believe a bad trip happens because something is wrong in your life. I think a common cause of bad trips is noticing problems that you don't feel ready to face. If you don't know this it can seem like a bad trip is happening for no reason, which makes it hard to learn from. I had many bad trips to get to this point and I hope I can stop your bad trips by sharing these ideas.

First, about my positive experience. My mind feels like it has awoken when i trip. I feel powerful, almost godlike. It's as if I am suddenly seeing the real world, rather than a distorted one. I do not hallucinate random items like giant pink bunnies, but I do see a lot of movement that I wouldn't normally see. What's more interesting than this new moving world is that I see ordinary things as being important.

One thing that I see as more important because of my experiences with hallucinogens is other people. I was not always a caring person. Many people do not verbally say exactly how they feel and what they mean, and for so long I had been too mechanical and soulless to understand this. But over several trips that soulless person who I had become, started to see what he was missing. I noticed the slight facial movements and tones of voice that I had mistakenly ignored for so much of my life. Once I started to see and understand other people I began to care about them, I changed many of my worse, apathetic behaviors and I began to experience many of the positive emotions, like empathy, that I was lacking. My ego left me. I learned patience, tolerance, compassion, humility.

Of course my past experiences are not the same as everyone else's, so I want it to be clear that I'm not claiming that a person needs to trip to learn these feelings. I am giving this example to show one way that mushrooms can help a person with problems to become aware of the problems and to find a positive solution. I feel that I had not seen the world as it was because my mind had learned to ignore parts of it. The mushrooms made those parts difficult to ignore.

Mushrooms can have a profound effect on emotional understanding but they can also greatly enhance analytical skills. The most obvious way that I have seen this is through playing chess on mushrooms. Mushrooms give me aggression and a feeling of power and chess is one good outlet for these feelings. Since chess is more fun than many of the other analytical situations we get into in our daily lives, I think it is a good way to explain the analytical skills mushrooms can open up for us.

From my own experience, and the experience of chess players that I know who trip, it has become quite clear that mushrooms make the mind's analytical skills quite easily reached. The tripping chess player can rapidly make plans and destroy anything that stands in his way. Even in lightning or 1 minute games online friends that I am normally weak against become easy targets for destruction! There are many powerful moves I would miss when sober, but these "hidden" moves become blatantly obvious when tripping!

Although these changes in analytical thinking are amazing on their own, what's even better is that the principles that someone applies when tripping can be remembered even when he is sober. I must admit that I still do not see new ideas as clearly when I am sober, but recalling ideas that I learned from the past trip is enough to make the trip worthwhile. If the trip is over and you have learned nothing it is easy to see why some would claim it is a useless recreation, but when you learn through tripping and you do not forget, it becomes an experience that is difficult to dismiss.

For anyone who has been tripping passively or to escape reality in some way, maybe to daydream, I recommend that you try using mushrooms or LSD as a tool to better your life to the point that you don't want to escape it. Emotional and Analytical problems that are difficult for you to solve may have a clear answer and hallucinogens can open you up to it.

I would like to know how all of you feel about these views. Please don't hesitate to give constructive criticism. I love considering new ideas. I am still open minded and I know I will learn much more throughout my life. The Shroomery has been a great community for me, with a lot of knowledge and I feel like I'm at a point where I have something to add to it. I also like to recommend that anyone interested in hallucinogens watch the documentary "Hoffman's Potion" on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlyKjTVnzGo. It's the best hallucinogen documentary I have seen (I've only seen one other "The Beyond Within") Anyone who wants to play chess can find me on www.ijji.com under the name "curtdj". It's free and it allows us to talk with one another as we play. Thanks everyone!

--------------------
"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it."
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936)

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin

"Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."
- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

"How can I lose to such an idiot?"
- A shout from chessmaster Aaron Nimzovich (1886-1935)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Mushrooms: Awakening the Mind, Learning From Bad Trips [Re: curtdj]
    #7420868 - 09/17/07 06:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

greetings and salutations

--------------------

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
    #7420989 - 09/17/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks so much for the cool link. I'm grooving on that. :smile:

It's been several years since I had shrooms, and I had kind of forgotten about that aggressive feeling. I felt, on shrooms, exactly the way my avatar looks. Like my brain was plugged into a light socket. The voltage was usually a little higher than I prefer, and the experience generally kind of wore on me, though it was initially fascinating.

As for seeing new things, I've noticed that with salvia, the mind is lightning-fast because reality seems greatly slowed down, like molasses, but the near-instantaneous thoughts that flash through my mind can barely be translated into coherent words because my tongue is a thousand miles down the neural pipeline, and I can hardly remember how to communicate with it.

Fortunately this doesn't apply to my hands. Playing a video game on salvia, my gaming friends will be amazed at my crazy reflexes and psycho fighting style. I go into a situation seeing all the possibilites clearly developing around me, and it all becomes a superfluid dance which actually seems very slow to me. I get impatient with the actions of my friends, who seem to stand around a lot. I find that I'm thinking about ten times faster than they are. (And yet for all that, I'm not too crazy about salvia.)

Welcome to the Shroomery. You sound pretty cool.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
Re: Mushrooms: Awakening the Mind, Learning From Bad Trips [Re: LucidDream]
    #7420996 - 09/17/07 07:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Since were on topic, Ive been wanting a bad trip lately, but its been hard to get one.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinecurtdj
Space Ranger
Male

Re: Mushrooms: Awakening the Mind, Learning From Bad Trips [Re: sublimistri]
    #7421266 - 09/17/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, nice to meet you guys!

LucidDream, I think I'm going to try some salvia as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for the idea! It sounds like a different type of experience and it's legal:thumbup:. I want to see how well I play chess on it :smile:. I'm glad you like that movie. I was fascinated by it. I also enjoyed this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvNCijeYlI called "Ecstacy Rising" with Peter Jennings although I'm not as interested in mdma. It's in 5 parts and that's the first one.

Sublimistri, I know an easy way to have a bad trip! Find someone who is very sick with something like the Flu, get it yourself and trip.

Tripping when you're sick with something worse than a cold can create a horribly bad trip (at least for me). I took 4 grams of some cubensis when I didn't really feel too bad but I became aware of how sick I was. I got a bad fever and it was like I could actually feel the disease destroying my immune system. I tripped again 2 days later when I was still slightly sick and that time I only took 1.7 grams and I still got strong hallucinations off of it. For some reason when I'm sick a very small dose (compared to what I normally would eat) can be very very strong!

--------------------
"You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it."
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936)

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin

"Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so."
- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)

"How can I lose to such an idiot?"
- A shout from chessmaster Aaron Nimzovich (1886-1935)

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #7421336 - 09/17/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

curtdj said:
Sublimistri, I know an easy way to have a bad trip! Find someone who is very sick with something like the Flu, get it yourself and trip.

Tripping when you're sick with something worse than a cold can create a horribly bad trip (at least for me). I took 4 grams of some cubensis when I didn't really feel too bad but I became aware of how sick I was. I got a bad fever and it was like I could actually feel the disease destroying my immune system. I tripped again 2 days later when I was still slightly sick and that time I only took 1.7 grams and I still got strong hallucinations off of it. For some reason when I'm sick a very small dose (compared to what I normally would eat) can be very very strong!

Get sick? Flu? No thanks... :smirk:. That was a good video tho... One guy was like "They ran experiments, I got caught up in the experiment, it was great.".. I didn't hear anything on his "bike ride", i think i was zoned out during that part but i think i heard he accidentally dosed in the lab. I always thought he accidentally dosed riding a bike in the rain.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate