Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
So is my pinset doomed?
    #7419398 - 09/17/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well i had some rye substrate casings that i was baby'n and trying to get to grow evenly with a little redistribution of soil, and one patch, well i left them for the weekend, they must of gotten triggered right before i left, because when i came back one had a few pins and a inch long shroomy growin sideways and the other had a nice even mycelium breakthrough but there was a pin on the side, just the cap sticking up and there some pins growing on the side near that same spot, only growing sideways under the casing layer

what do i do? is my pinset fubar'd? should i dig out the ones growing under the soil? surely they will abort right?

also one has what looks like an ingrown mushroom, lolol
it's like a mushroom loop, looks like it came up, hit the foil then turned around and buried it's head in the dirt

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebagsofun
Mother Puncher

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: anarchOi]
    #7419481 - 09/17/07 11:50 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not speaking from a TON of experience, but I would say pick any that look like they have no place to go. I have noticed in my bags when fruiting, the shrooms that pin on the bottom of the cake and have no room to move soon abort, then get soggy and nasty within a few days.

I personally would pick the problematic ones just in case they start rotting.

--------------------
Ass, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free

OfflineDefiance
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: bagsofun]
    #7419674 - 09/17/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Some people think that picking early fruits will make for a more even pinset. I haven't seen much evidence of that in my own projects but certainly pick any aborts before they rot.

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: Defiance]
    #7422928 - 09/18/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well how bout the fact that in all of my casings, they are growing under the soil..

there could be loads of pins half way grown UNDER the casings layer that i can't even see

i have a small jar casings that worked fine before, but i think i doomed it by recasing it, the mycelia broke through just like always, but then never pinned or so i thought
when i removed the tinfoil from around the bottom, it had a bunch of pins pushed against the glass under the casing

and in my trays there are a few pins coming up and the ingrown mushroom has formed a cap that i can see

but there are long pins running down the side under the soil

one of the trays is very nice and evenly colonized but has only a few pins except the ones growing on the side, i think it might not even pin on the top for the most part :undecided:

this sucks

--------------------

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #7422943 - 09/18/07 10:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

just let it grow!

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

OfflineDefiance
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #7425128 - 09/18/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A lot of time side-pinning is caused by low humidity in the tub. The top is too dry so the pins form low along the sides of the tub where it stays damp. What's your FAE like? How do you humidify?

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: Defiance]
    #7425565 - 09/18/07 08:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well, leave them alone, it switched to fruiting mode...
no turning back, just fruit it

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Re: So is my pinset doomed? [Re: wutang]
    #7426333 - 09/18/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well i've been trying to get the poorman's working

i've got a tub with bubble wands in it covered in perlite and some lava rocks to hold em down
filled up with enough water to make the wands bubble nicely

it builds up alot of condensation on the bottom half, but the hygrometer in the bottom reads 80%, i've still yet to find nice digital one after the car crash

i've heard 80% rh is fine for casings

the pins on the side started while they were still in the incubator

--------------------

Offlinexhooliganx
Munky
Male User Gallery

Loc: reno, nevada
    #7426374 - 09/18/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you should get a vacume and suck off the casing layer that is loose. this is uncolonized so you won't have pins in it. give about 1-2" between the attachment and the casing layer. that should take you down to the pins

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom