Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Tacos, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Loc: Illinois
Talapla
    #7412361 - 09/15/07 10:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hi Everyone, its been a long time.
I was active in this community several years ago, but got distracted with other interests. I was looking through my old spores and found a Talapla. Been looking for info on this shroom, but only find a grow log from 2004. Anyone know anything about Talapla or why there seems to be no intrest.
Thanks

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Talapla [Re: repobob]
    #7412370 - 09/15/07 10:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well, it's a cube. So there's your answer--you've got a cube. Have fun with that. Same as all the rest, but--if you're really lucky--with some exceptionally subtle differences. Big whoop.

This belongs in the strain thread, along with the other speculative strain mumbo jumbo.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Re: Talapla [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7412403 - 09/15/07 10:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I see that the love still exists here at the Shroomery.
I sure do agree with the arrogant worm part under the gibberish you call a name. Sorry if I offended you by asking for some information on this board and if you think I put it in the wrong forum. I guess in your mind there should be only one thread called "Shrooms". Its probably hard for someone with your intellegence to understand but I, and I think others on here are interested in more than just producing something to get high on.
Do me a favor please.... Stay out of the few post I make...Thanks.
I have a low tolerence for assholes.
Love,
Bob

--------------------

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
    #7412453 - 09/15/07 10:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry, I'm ignoring the "favor" to respond, if you don't mind.

Take it however you want. People just make a lot of posts saying, "WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF EQUADORIAN???? ARE THEY REALLY FROM EQUADOR, AND DO THEY GIVE ME REALLY STRONG, BIG SHROOMS?" Now repeat the same with every other one of the 10,000 vendor-invented strains of shroom that are on the market, and you've got a formula for annoyance.

In short: Posts about strains go in the strain thread. I can see how you made the mistake, and I don't think anyone minds. I'm just telling you where the post goes. At the same time, I'm also giving you a sort of answer: Your spores are probably quite nice, like every other set of cube spores. Enjoy them. A strain is not a species: It's a bit like asking, "My friend Bob has two arms and two legs, but do you think this guy Pedro from across the border has a good chance of having two arms and two legs too?" Of course he does. And of course your shrooms are nice. Now for all the messing around and guesswork and pretty nonsense names, we've made a special thread, called the strain thread.

Now, grow some skin and have fun. Cheers and best luck.

--------------------

Edited by figgusfiddus (09/15/07 11:00 AM)

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Re: Talapla [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7412874 - 09/15/07 01:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Gee Once again thanks for the help.
Lets see you registered seven months ago, that sure is a long time. I'll bet you really can teach me alot.
I always thought a strain was like a human (to put it in your terms) and a EQ would be like a caucasian with blue eyes, a Tap might be like a caucasian with green eyes. Yes, all people ( as Cubies) are great, but some have different tastes ( Hell I'm Polish and I love Chaunina, Ducks Blood Soup, but I'll still eat a Taco )
In short I was asking about the cultivation differences and if thats why no one is growing them. Therefore this is about cultivation. If I wanted to know which grow bigger a EQ or a Tap then I would have posted in Strains.
You know I don't see moderator by your name. Being that it appears you have taken it upon yourself to correct me it appears to me that you must be a moderator wanna be.
Also you state "every other one of the 10,000 vendor-invented strains of shroom" Ten Thousand...wow... could you point me to a list of these 10,000. Man you are a wealth of information. I only know of maybe 100 at most, you sure know a whole lot more than me. I didn't know vendors were inventing strains. I always thought there were scientific differences between each. I remember when the F+ stain was first found. I wish I could remember the guys name but he was a very good grower and a nice guy from Washington State; a good buddy of Roadkill. He jumped through all knds of hoops before it was named a different strain. But hey with your loads of experience and long history on this board I guess you know better.

I'm really sorry for annoying you. Not annoying an arrogant worm was tops on my to do list today.

I sure hope that someone with some knowledge of shrooms might be able to answer my original question. If a mod thinks this should be in a different forum please just close this I have already posted this question in Stains. Thanks to Mr. Mod Wanna Be explaining everything to me I want to be sure I don't annoy anyone. And thanks for the mycology lesson from now on I'll just treat a cubie as a cubie and a monkey as a man cause we both have arms and legs. Thanks also for the tip on those rascially vendors. I used to respect the work I watched them do and how people like Ralph, Spore Works, HawkEye and many others developed the processes you use (that is if you grow anything other than green birdseed). I used to respect these people but now thanks to you I know the truth. They are just a bunch of spore whores. Whatta Guy.... Thank You for opening my eyes.:eek:

--------------------

Edited by repobob (09/15/07 01:53 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #7412939 - 09/15/07 01:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've never noticed any difference in cultivation requirements for various strains within a species group.

We put a strain thread at the top of the page to prevent the repetitive and incorrect recycling of 'strain information' in several threads at once. One guy might think the Tex strain produces lots of small mushrooms because that's what he got. However, the next guy who got spores from the same supplier might think the Tex strain grows a few huge fruits, because that's what he got. That's the nature of multispore inoculation.

Good luck to all and please keep it nice.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
Re: Talapla [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7412992 - 09/15/07 02:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Rodger. I was wondering if perhaps the talapla has some special cultivation requirement and if that was the reason there was no interest in it. I have found aome cubies easier to grow than others.
Guess this is why I only have 259 posts since 12/18/01:D

I think I remember you. I'm pretty sure you are the guy that grew a beautiful laundry basket of shrooms and if memory serves you grew a nice crop in some white widow.
Is that you?

--------------------

Invisiblerepobob
enthusiast
    #7413035 - 09/15/07 02:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my informattion thanks to a PM from one of the nice people here. He reminded me of one of the pioneers of this hobby. Thanks to the Captain I got the info I needed.
Sorry to be so much trouble.

Bob

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Tacos, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation