Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezeug
Stranger
Do tryptamine psychedelics really remove filters?
    #7410278 - 09/14/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Excuse me if this post is a little erratic. I have taken some Kratom today and just smoked a cigarette. I have now been experimenting with HBWR for a year. It's the best thing I've ever found to deal with my High-functioning autism. At first, I thought that it was taking off the filters in my senses, as everything sounded better and it was easier to think. Today, I think that it does the opposite and that there's a threshhold where it removes filters again.
I think that there is usually too much dopamine in my system, and makes it so I can't filter out anything and have a train of thought. When I take a really low dose of LSA sublingually (2 HBWR seeds), it feels like my filters are turned on. When I smoke tobacco, just the opposite happens - usually for HOURS at a time. My senses are overwhealmed and it's hard to do anything that requires abstract thought. I have to admit though, that spatial tasks are much easier, such as working with shapes. Just if you try to talk to me in a noisy room, I won't even remember your name if you tell me.
When I am on low doses of LSA, things that require abstract thought such as language are easier, and spatial thinking is much much harder.
What I really think tryptamine psychedelics do is to give you the conscious ability to control the filters in your brain. You can turn them on and off at will. I'd write more, but my mind is really clouded still from the nicotine. Ugh I fucking hate nicotine. Any thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do tryptamine psychedelics really remove filters? [Re: zeug]
    #7410290 - 09/14/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

consider the lingering of signals from your senses
including the lingering of signals from memory

for vision it may be trails or polyopia

for thought it may be looping or layering.

in any case if you don't have too much psychedelic, the lingering or persistence (with layering) makes it easier to remember names since they are still just fading echoes a few minutes later, which gives them time to make more connections and memory formation.

at higher doses the persistence is too great, the layering that ensues creates thought failure which may be seen as ego loss or filter removal depending on the extent of effect.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Do tryptamine psychedelics really remove filters? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7410309 - 09/14/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like you are diving into the the world of psychedelics... All i have to say is read up on it, respect it, and you will have the time of your life. although i cant answer your question, there are many sites that will help you in your travels. Have fun

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Do tryptamine psychedelics really remove filters? [Re: danlennon3]
    #7410613 - 09/14/07 07:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have found with LSD and mushrooms that they certainly do remove filters. However, after a certain dosage point the de-inhibition of thoughts and senses will actually move you more and more inward rather than outward. This is a little complicated, esp. with LSD because more boundaries are removed, but your rational and comprehensible connections to 'reality' become distorted and you start to get lost in thoughts and unconscious material.

You will find the same with phenethylamines like mescaline, however they remove sensory filters but leave thinking relatively in tact.

MDMA, or ecstacy might be interesting as well if you have autism or Asperger's because it can remove the barriers and some sensory filters without distorting anything and it also makes it easier to empathize with other people and connect emotionally to things. It's not as good for increasing information, but it can increase personal connectedness dramatically in a very specific and controlled way.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do tryptamine psychedelics really remove filters? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #7412127 - 09/15/07 06:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I guess what I was trying to say is
what people call filter removal for sense, memory and thought
relates to "I never noticed that before" types of experiencing.

why this occurs is that each thing lingers longer
so you get more chances to notice it.
no filter has been removed at all, but the brain is operating differently.
everything obtains more dimensionality from slower fading, persistence, & layering.

it is a bad Idea to drive a car when you are like this.

as for inhibition removal, the general sense of muchness and well being creates a more relaxed attitude.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds