Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Why did you start using psychedelics?
    #7410186 - 09/14/07 07:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I saw this was a thread in the Shroomerites Anonymous forum...but I like one here better :smirk:

So why did you start using psychedelics? We'll leave weed out of this question...even though it is kinda psychedelic.

I remember in grade school hearing about "magic mushrooms" and thought the idea of tripping was pretty cool. A few years later, I read a DARE pamphlet that had a description of mescaline in it (it was completely wrong). The very idea of something that could alter your perception so much was amazing to me. That got me reading everything I could find about psychedelics, and I continued to do so for a few more years until the latter half of my teens when I tried mushrooms for the first time.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: trendal]
    #7410205 - 09/14/07 07:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Same here man. the idea of having altered perceptions seemed like the coolest thing for me.

I remember as a kid i would always love to rub my eyes because i would see black and green geometric patterns moving around (VERY trippy now that i look back at that).
I heard one of my friends freshman year i high school talk about how he did mushrooms and the trees around him looked like they were dancing.

I also researched them and after a year of being interested in doing them i did, and man did it blow me away!

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

InvisibleAlion
Male

#7410207 - 09/14/07 07:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"altered perceptions seemed like the coolest thing for me. "

even thought you're leaving weed out of this -- the first time ive smoked it i tripped out, saw rainbow patterns when i closed my eyes and everything became pixelated

and then the rest of the night everything was cartoons.

Edited by Alion (09/14/07 07:13 PM)

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #7410258 - 09/14/07 07:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'll get on board with the "ability to alter perceptions w/o affecting motor skills" thought. Everything I had heard about it was so interesting I just had to see for myself. Once I tried LSD I never looked back!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #7410268 - 09/14/07 07:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The drug quiz show in middle school made me want to try pretty much every drug besides meth, heroin, and crack (although now I also want to try heroin.) I tried mushrooms for the first time last year actually, I don't know what the reason is... it just intrigued me I guess. Wanted/still want to try acid, but I knew mushrooms would be faaaaaar easier to find (and I was right.)

--------------------
!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #7410269 - 09/14/07 07:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder how many people did it in reverse? Like try some at a party and only then found they had a liking for it...as opposed to reading about it and then trying them.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #7410276 - 09/14/07 07:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dare made you want to try psychedelics.  That's so funny to me.  Someone else said that the other day here, as well.  :grin:

I just started taking them because it seemed like a fascinating adventure and because I was tired of being cooped up in the mental cage that I had been my entire life up to that point. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: ESB - Mushroom People

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #7410288 - 09/14/07 07:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I first got interested when I started listening to the Beatles. I wondered why suddenly they went from clean cut Brits who sang about love to growing their hair out and wearing colorful clothing... their music changed so much, and i liked their newer style. i looked into it finding out that LSD was the reason for all this. fast forward 3 years when i got the internet, reading into psychedelics and marijuana. Not too long after I got into the pot scene, and finally, my first hit of acid! I was so excited i took it right away... my friends who i was hanging out with were worried because i was not going to be tripping with everyone. we went out our bikes to the woods for manhunt. This is when i first felt the effects of LSD. It was one of the amazing and memorable experiences of my life... So why I start? The Beatles and erowid

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: Learyfan]
    #7410300 - 09/14/07 07:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It said something like "if you take mescaline you will be in a waking dream for THREE DAYS!"

All I could think was "COOL!!!! THREE DAYS!" :smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: jewunit]
    #7410319 - 09/14/07 07:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I also have to say the Shroomery itself helped as well.
I poked around the boards and the trip reports when me and my friends first decided to definitely get mushrooms. Erowid as well I suppose.

--------------------
!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#7410330 - 09/14/07 07:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Erowid as well I suppose.

Erowid was invaluable to me in the last couple years of high school.

I probably read every page of that site, back in 1998!

--------------------

InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
    #7410342 - 09/14/07 07:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My interest in drugs started the exact moment they started teaching us about them in middle school. Suddenly I checked out every book on drugs in the school library, and the principal and librarian thought I was soaking up all this anti-drug material because I believed it. They were proud of me. Truth was, I couldn't read enough about it because I was salivating at the thought of it. Just reading the chapters on pot and heroin gave me a woody.

I tried pot soon enough, but it was years after that before I ever got to try psychedelics; but I had been primed for the experience by those anti-drug classes in school, and I knew that I couldn't fucking wait. Yay, school.

--------------------
Sarcasm just one of my many talents.

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #7410768 - 09/14/07 10:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My first desire to use psychedelics came from reading Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus Trilogy which captures psychedelic culture better than any text, even Fear and Loathing. That lead to reading Leary, Albert....

which lead me to believe in LSD et. al. as tools of consciousness expansion, self-actualization, and aesthetic sense.

Hundreds of trips later, and I have never looked back.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #7410808 - 09/14/07 10:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

People I started hanging out with talked about mushrooms. It sounded fun... I checked out the Shroomery and read all about them. I didn't discover the forums until two years later, about when I got my first chance to try them.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #7410841 - 09/14/07 10:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A friend told me about his first two LSD experiences and told me how fun it was. I only smoked weed about 4 or 5 times before this.
I just thought I would give it a try, i liked pot, but it made me paranoid a lot the first times I was smoking it.
They just sounded fun to me, at first I never heard much about the drug..
I never was pressured to ever use drugs either, it was just something that teenagers did for kicks.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: Skunk420]
    #7410924 - 09/14/07 10:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I knew i was asleep and wanted to wake up

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineHyper_Panda_GO
Team Action!

#7411283 - 09/15/07 12:25 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Curiosity

--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7411406 - 09/15/07 12:51 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

my experience started with weed. i was going through some rough times in college and decided to try mushrooms (after reading a lot here on the shroomery and erowid). I had a good friend who was a psychadelic guru, and he was kind of my mentor.

I took what I think was 2c-i first, thought it was the most fun I had ever experienced, and then tried a full 8th of mushrooms like 3 weeks later and how a frighteningly insane and enlightening/spiritual experience and I haven't looked back since.

I don't recall my DARE experiences making me want to do drugs. if i remember correctly, I was pretty apathetic either way.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Why did you start using psychedelics? [Re: Syle]
    #7411423 - 09/15/07 12:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I never got a big 'anti-drug' influence as a kid.  I remember my asking my mom about hallucinations (maybe i saw it on a movie), and she told me they see things that arnt there.  I then remember later, as a pre-teen, rollerblading in the front of the house and imagining how crazy and different it would be to see a pink elephant that wasnt there.  I dont know where I got the idea of a pink elephant, maybe Dumbo but Im not sure.

Fast forward to age 15 and my friend says he going to buy acid.  I dont know what it is, and ask him to share.  He laughs and says its not the kind of thing you can share.  I then learn about from friends and books over the next few weeks and finally get my own hit.  I still remember the trip very well, almost 13 years ago.  It was one of the most influential experiences in my life.  It was all uphill from there :wink:  (until i discovered meth... but thats a different story:rolleyes: )

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
    #7411424 - 09/15/07 12:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

To get high.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Community >> The Pub