Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
A Pleasant Surprise!
    #310224 - 05/05/01 11:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well I have a problem. Not a big one, but maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction.

In my younger days I used to have a band and I use to not only sing but I even worked as an extra in a few films.

And I also made a few records and thanks to my sister Beverly I now have a copy of a very rare record indeed.

The record I am refering to wa recoded by me in 1964 in Chicago, Illinois.

The record has the Beatles on it with me and it was a novelty record called

"Mighty the Squirrel Meets the Beables."
Part one and two.

I used the word Beables because I was not sure about the legality of the work at the time I recorded it.

It is what, back then, was referred to as a novelty record. A little flying squirrel flys to England via transatlantic jet and interviews the fab four.

I recorded my voice at 7 and 1/2 on an Ampex 350 and then sped my voice up to 1500 speed. This gave my voice the sound effect ofwhat a squirrel might sound like if he could talk, a voice one similar to Alvin of the Chip Monks.

Okay, are you following me. So As a squirrel I would then asked one of the four Beatles a particular question and then I would play a particular line from either the BEatles Capitoll Records Album "Meet the Beatles" and/or from the Vee-Jay ALbum relased the year before, "Introducing the Beatles."

Anyway, my record has a lot of surface scratch sounds and I am looking for some kind of company which removes these scratch sounds so I can takle and retape it to cassette and offer the two sided record for a fair price as a Beatles collectable over the internet.

Then I would also like to offer it for play on some kind of computer program and how would I go about that.

However the main problem as I mentioned is to clean the scratched sounds on the surface of the 45 rpm.

Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated.

Also since there were only one thousand records pressed, this makes my 45 RPM even more rare.

mjshroomer

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A Pleasant Surprise! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #325833 - 05/25/01 03:52 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm, you would have to record the record onto a computer as a .wav file and than edit it through a sound restoration tool like Steinberg Clean or similar.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A Pleasant Surprise! [Re: Anno]
    #326831 - 05/27/01 06:34 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

mj
im not real sure where you could get it resurfaced at but im sure if you took it to a store that sold records they could help you out..as far as getting it up for computer use you would have to record it in wav like the above person said and then there are many options of where you put it on the web and what not..i use garageband.com to post my music..just plug your record player output into the line in or your mic plug and make sure your preferences are set to record with wichever you use then record it with a wave recorder program..i suggest something you can edit the wav with that way you can cut out any line noise..if you want a copy of cool edit pro ill hook ya up..peace

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: A Pleasant Surprise! [Re: My Third Eye]
    #328753 - 05/29/01 12:27 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, one day I will figure it all out.

Mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: A Pleasant Surprise! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #740896 - 07/12/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract