Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......!
    #7394427 - 09/10/07 11:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

ts727 said:
Once you reach what i call the point of acknowledgment, when you die you return positive energy into the balance.
Having reached this point before you die is key or else you'll be doomed to repeat life until you get it right.

What do you consider to be "getting it right"....?  :shrug:
>^;;^<

Quote:

Vairagya said:
What he means by getting it right is lose your ego now before its too late.

n. pl. e·gos
1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious,
....most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.

As I understand it, you "lose your ego" when you die, so it is a "win win" situation....    :shrug:
Doesn't sound possible to screw up such a closely knit synchronicity as death and "ego lose"....
Everyone "gets it right" in the end - prepared or not....  :thumbup:

It seems sometimes people throw around the idea of "lose of ego" like a metal of honor - like it is the goal, FTW....
The irony of proclaiming to lose one's ego as a sense of accomplishment, only to feed that which is "lost" in the very proclamation.....    :nut:
As soon as you say "I" in "I lost my ego", you have proven that you are separate from other selves, thus illustrating that your ego is intact.... 

Pardone~ a "me", but I don't get it....    :ohwell:

>^;;^<

(the quoted material is from the forum that you cannot debate in)

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7394453 - 09/10/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have less ego than you do, so neener yourself! :razz:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: Diploid]
    #7394494 - 09/10/07 11:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Here is your medal sir, wear it proudly....!    :tongue:

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#7394531 - 09/10/07 11:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

>^;;^<

I think this is the idea...
More of this.
Practice, no??
There are things in there, right?? ...that you can not see...
What, how much, the hell is it, is what has my attention.
How does that work??

"The kingdom of Heaven is within you... Seek ye first the kingdom of Heaven and all things will be added unto you."
-JC

Um... Suppose that its like bumping up energy levels or something.

You realize that ego is necessary in this world.
Who is to say that you can't refine your ego(Cloak) with your new found insights and coat-rack it when you need to??

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7395223 - 09/11/07 06:02 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

every time I lose mine, it finds its way back

damn instincts

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: demiu5]
    #7395539 - 09/11/07 08:56 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't worried about losing my ego, naturally happens as you walk you spiritual path. I have found that for now, it isnt permanent and over time the weight of the negative world will weigh heavy on you. when that happens i dose again and come to new realizations. The closer you get to the greater truth the less ego you carry around. It's like there are much more important things than having an ego. And phantomkat youre right, acknowledging that you have lost your ego, creates greater ego.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7395635 - 09/11/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

To me, the "loss" of one's ego during a psychedelic experience is not permanent. It "comes back" but it is up to you to take positive steps in order to move towards the ultimate goal of "egolessness" without substances, natural or synthetic. What I actually mean is that -- in my belief -- one should live a selfless life, not thinking about one's own desires and needs before first considering those of others. Obviously this is my way of life and not everyone's.

Anyway I think the whole concept of "ego-loss" is quite fascinating. To me it has always been a glimpse into how I should be living my life without the aid of drugs or similar substances. Psychedelics have never been a "patch" or a be-all-end-all thing for me, they've always just shown me the way.

--------------------

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
    #7395680 - 09/11/07 10:03 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

damn instincts

Ego follows you like your shadow. Accept it and get on with life.

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #7395911 - 09/11/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I can call my ego (agree to let it call itself if 'needed') and tell it to leave (if annoying or such). In extreme situations I am able to even stand completely behind my ego.
We have good commitments and agreements and share each one's possibilities and potentials :wink:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: shakercee]
    #7395924 - 09/11/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:
Quote:

damn instincts

Ego follows you like your shadow.  Accept it and get on with life.

:calledajoke:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinepsilopod
P'funk
Male User Gallery

#7396511 - 09/11/07 01:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think that the loss of one's ego is very rarely a thing that is pursued or obtained by set steps or actions, such as psychidelics or other such things.  I believe that the only true route to the loss of ego is experience.  In my own experiences the only things that have managed to completely deflate/crush my ego have been extreme/uncontrollable happenings.  Sure one can get a glimpse of things while trippin face here and there but it is hard to translate this to everyday life.  When one has been faced with a situation that has permanently changed you or that one must cope with for an extended period of time I believe that one can possibly do away with one's ego.  The only thing is that the ego is very resiliant and often tries to make it's way back into your life.

My conclusion is that the only route is experience/life itself.
Are you experienced?:mushroom2:

--------------------
This and all posts are the work of an imaginary character known as psilopod. Don't believe this rambling drivel, none of it's real, it's fake, it's an illusion, strictly for entertainment purposes. With that being said, enjoy.

Turning Dreams Into Reality

InvisibleSoundform
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: psilopod]
    #7398811 - 09/11/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The ego is just a tool, it's a self-conscious program in our mind that lets us focus on different tasks. The ego is responsible for making us believe that we are a separate self, and people often confuse their ego for themselves.

Ego loss or ego transcendence is going beyond the ego. This can be achieved through drugs or meditation. Or like psilopod said through "extreme/uncontrollable happenings" like when we're caught in a moment of extreme danger where we forget ourselves and only act.

Ego transcendence dissolves the boundaries between the individual self and the objective world. You become aware of the thoughts and emotions produced by the ego, and they become depersonalized since there is no self behind them.

Personally I do see why people would see ego loss as a goal. Look at Buddhism or Hinduism where the central goal is enlightenment. In Buddhism the first of the ten fetters that must be broken if you want to attain awakened is the belief of an individual self. In Hinduism moksha (enlightenment) occurs when the individual soul realizes its identity with Brahman (the supreme consciousness/reality).

I think ego loss brings you one step closer to enlightenment and thats one step to being one with the supreme consciousness.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: Soundform]
    #7401352 - 09/12/07 04:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Soundform said:
Ego loss or ego transcendence is going beyond the ego. This can be achieved through drugs or meditation. Or like psilopod said through "extreme/uncontrollable happenings" like when we're caught in a moment of extreme danger where we forget ourselves and only act.

But doesn't extreme focus and/or concentration on a given task, event, or experience just take your focus off of yourself/ego by not paying attention to it....?
It is still there....  You don't lose your hand when it becomes numb from laying on it....
Thru most of my daily life, I am immersed in the experiences of the day - like most other people.... 
Is this considered a loss of ego....?

It almost sounds like tricking yourself into a momentary self induced illusion, which is kind of what "enlightenment" seems to be....
As I have read here before, it is like once you affix the describing "name tag" onto it, it loses it's meaning....

It all seems like a word game sometimes - reaching "enlightenment", or having "ego lose" or "ego death"....
It is like typing "1" into your calculator, and then forever dividing it by 2 until you get to zero....
You may get "close", but you will never actually get to an absolute zero....

Maybe I just try too hard to understand that which cannot be understood.... 
:lol:

I have dosed, I have felt the bliss, the feeling of understanding everything as being eternally perfect, and such....
But, I still was me (whether I thought about it specifically or not), experiencing and sensing on different levels - as it felt....
I was not someone else, or everyone else, I was me....   

Me, my ego, and my shadow.... 
(A Trinity....!    Ha...!  :smile:  )

>^;;^<

(edit, added the carrot pic)

Edited by PhanTomCat (09/12/07 04:51 PM)

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#7401522 - 09/12/07 05:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I COULD GIVE 2 SHITs ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT!!

But...
Ego death, whatever the hell you want to call it iS REAL, REAL, REAL.
The experience that captured my attention displaced what I previously thought was me.:confused:
As in...
Me was not around.
I was still there.
Its like a line of communication opened up and I was observing me and making judgments and offering answers to problems like ?my?:what: depression and anxiety.
I immediately had the realization of !SCHIZOPHRENIA! as my consciousness was severed from consensus reality.
I remember chanting 'we're schizos and we love it' to calm myself down.
It was all mixed up with Jesus Christ the archetype and the vibe.
Like it was me, him, you but only available using particular methods.
Somehow there was a crippling awareness that this is old news and the switch is thrown.
At least in my case.

"I have dosed, I have felt the bliss, the feeling of understanding everything as being eternally perfect, and such...."

Um...  The opposite is what ego death feels like.
Its like everything is really wrong, then really really wrong as shit pours in, then it just drowns you.
Its something to carefully breath through, IMO.
The reward comes as insight into ?you? gained.
*Ego reasembles humbly.*:crazy:

Does this make you enlightened??

Axe this quack!! :goose:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: backfromthedead]
    #7401821 - 09/12/07 06:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

backfromthedead said:
"I have dosed, I have felt the bliss, the feeling of understanding everything as being eternally perfect, and such...."
Um...  The opposite is what ego death feels like.
Its like everything is really wrong, then really really wrong as shit pours in, then it just drowns you.
Its something to carefully breath through, IMO.
The reward comes as insight into ?you? gained.
*Ego reasembles humbly.*:crazy:
Does this make you enlightened??

That is the opposite of ego death....?    Now I am even more cornfused....
Perhaps I haven't gone deep enough (or, dosed high enough) to have such a fear (or F.U.B.A.R.)....   
And, maybe that is why I don't understand it....    :smile:
Whew....!   

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#7402048 - 09/12/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ego Death and Self-Control Cybernetics

This research defines and outlines the ego death theory, as a new systematic research framework and paradigm. The ego death theory holds that the essence and origin of religion is the use of visionary plants to routinely trigger the intense mystic altered state, producing loose cognitive-association binding, which then produces an experience of being controlled by frozen block-universe determinism with a single, pre-existing, ever-existing future.

Experiencing this model of control and time initially destabilizes self-control power, and amounts to the death of the self that was conceived of as an autonomous control-agent. Self-control stability is restored upon transforming one's mental model to take into account the dependence of personal control on a hidden, separate thought-source, such as Necessity or a divine level that transcends Necessity.

Myth describes this mystic-state experiential insight and transformation. Religious initiation teaches and causes this transformation of the self considered as a control-agent, through a series of visionary-plant sessions, interspersed with study of perennial philosophy. Most modern-era religion has been a distortion of this standard initiation system, reducing these concepts to a weak interpretation that is based in the ordinary state of consciousness. The ego death theory is, specifically, the Cybernetic Theory of Ego Transcendence, and it incorporates the entheogen theory of religion.

I didn't really know what was going on when it happened.
I was stuck in the religious framework so it got a shit ton too crazy.

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: I Lost My Ego, Nanner Nanner Naaaaannerrrrrrr......! [Re: backfromthedead]
    #7402247 - 09/12/07 08:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

"As the telescope is not a substitute for, but an aid to, our sight, so revelation is not designed to supersede the use of reason, but to supply its deficiencies."
- Archbishop Richard Whately
"The Bible abounds in plain truth, expressed in plain language; in this it surpasses all other books."
- Samuel Whelpley

"The Most Blessed Sacrament was prefigured by the manna in the desert, for this heavenly food is similar to the manna in its properties and in its name. When the Israelites saw the bread which had miraculously fallen from Heaven, they exclaimed: "Manhu! . . . What is this!" (Exod. 16:15). And thereafter the mysterious food was called manna. How admirably is the name "Heavenly Manna" suited to the great mystery of the altar! For this Divine Mystery contains so much that is wonderful that we cannot devoutly reflect upon It without exclaiming in utter astonishment: What is this! Infinite Majesty, which the heavens cannot contain, encloses Itself in a tiny Host! The King of Glory deigns to dwell upon earth and to deliver Himself into the hands of sinners! The Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, who is of the same essence with the Father and the Holy Spirit, deigns to make Himself the food of man!"
http://www.tanbooks.com/doct/blessed_sacrament.htm

--------------------

InvisibleSoundform
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
    #7408137 - 09/14/07 08:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
But doesn't extreme focus and/or concentration on a given task, event, or experience just take your focus off of yourself/ego by not paying attention to it....?
It is still there.... You don't lose your hand when it becomes numb from laying on it....

Well if you're talking about ego loss in the case of an extreme event or experience the ego completely dissapears from our thought process. It's still in the mind but it isn't involved in our thought process. We only act. There is no thinker or chooser.

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Thru most of my daily life, I am immersed in the experiences of the day - like most other people....
Is this considered a loss of ego....?

No, it's not those types of experiences that would make you transcend the ego. What I was talking about was things like extreme life and death situations.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom