Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log
    #7404279 - 09/13/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

OK, I'm starting a log here with the high hopes of finishing it with winning results after a month or so...wish me luck!

9/12 -

• 3 small grain mycobags arrived to make happy love to the 10cc syringe of B+ received this weekend.

• Work station set up. All materials and body parts involved cleaned and sterilized using "industry standard" specs.

• Pre-applied injection site tape peeled back and 3cc of B+ solution injected at steep angle to reach the sides of the bags.

• Tape resealed.

• 1 year old daughter cheers me on.

• Bags *lightly* massaged to distribute solution along the side without too much scattering.

• Bags placed in highest shelf of warmest closet in the home. Ambient temperature in closet estimated around 74-76 degrees, allowing for approx. 3-4 degree temperature increase within bags while incubating.

• Closet door closed for total darkness during incubation period.

• Daughter finishes egg and cheese sandwich.

Notes:
No pictures taken (7.0 MP digital camera charging ATM) yet but will be taken within the next 3-4 days when checking progress for signs of proper gas exchange and any early signs of myc. growth.

TiT w/ aquarium heater incubation chamber being purchased/set up over the weekend and will be transferring from closet to said chamber at the same time as above progress check to minimize movement, light exposure, etc...

Will update at that time...

--------------------
Given enough time for the generations to evolve, the predator produces particular survival adaptations in its prey which, through the circular operation of feedback, produce changes in the predator which again produce changes in the prey which again change the predator - etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...Many powerful forces do the same thing. You can count religions among such forces.

-The Stolen Journals

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: hilfloskind]
    #7404367 - 09/13/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds great.
You don't really need the TiT though.
It's almost more trouble than it's worth.
Your closet temps will be more than adequate.
Either way, good luck.:mushroom2:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offlinezero cool
I'm a bag kindaguy
Male

Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: Premedman1]
    #7404527 - 09/13/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

let us know how things go with updates and pics of your setup if possible

--------------------
git them mushrooms Mario! git em!

OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: zero cool]
    #7404569 - 09/13/07 01:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

"1 year old daughter cheers me on."

Haha. Get them introduced young, beat back the programming the government is eventually going to try and put into her. Good stuff man, raise a little intellectual, free-thinking kid.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: Premedman1]
    #7404722 - 09/13/07 02:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Premedman1 said:
Sounds great.
You don't really need the TiT though.
It's almost more trouble than it's worth.
Your closet temps will be more than adequate.
Either way, good luck.:mushroom2:

I'm going to put a thermometer in the closet to verify the temps. If it is closer to 80 degrees, I might not get it after all. Really, I just want to provide my little friends with the best environment possible to survive.

I definitely plan to case at least 2 of the 3 bags, if they all make it to full colonization. I'm going to keep the 3rd as is as a failsafe though.

I have to say though: I am very thankful for a resource/community like shroomery. Even with such a relatively fool-proof system like mycobags, I wouldn't be even remotely educated about cultivation of these natural wonders if it weren't for this site. I feel that my time studying here should do wonders for my luck.

--------------------
Given enough time for the generations to evolve, the predator produces particular survival adaptations in its prey which, through the circular operation of feedback, produce changes in the predator which again produce changes in the prey which again change the predator - etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...Many powerful forces do the same thing. You can count religions among such forces.

-The Stolen Journals

Edited by hilfloskind (09/13/07 02:57 PM)

Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: Skeeblix]
    #7404739 - 09/13/07 02:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Skeeblix said:
"1 year old daughter cheers me on."

Haha. Get them introduced young, beat back the programming the government is eventually going to try and put into her. Good stuff man, raise a little intellectual, free-thinking kid.

Definitely! I already expose her to nothing but the best of the non-mainstream music in my vast collection...it's never too early. There is nothing worse than slipping into apathetic acceptance of society/government and its rigid ways.

It's a shame that the fringe tends to be the only real collective of free-thought and individuality left on this green earth. :frown:

--------------------

-The Stolen Journals

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

#7404848 - 09/13/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah just dont show her your mushrooms or you eating them
you dont want her thinking drugs are okay

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: wutang]
    #7404954 - 09/13/07 04:11 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wutang said:
yeah just dont show her your mushrooms or you eating them
you dont want her thinking drugs are okay

Oh absolutely not. As much as I feel prohibition/demonizing of substances is an invasion of personal freedoms, I don't condone underage use. It's funny that countries like Amsterdam have extremely low crime and don't practice prohibition of drugs while we do and have rampant crime. If anything, the laws here PROMOTE crime because of the restrictions on drugs/narcotics.

--------------------

-The Stolen Journals

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

#7404971 - 09/13/07 04:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yes its true bud
people want what they cant have so of course the crime is gonna escalate
too bad the government is too retarded to realize that

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Mycobag/Cubensis B+ grow log [Re: wutang]
    #7404988 - 09/13/07 04:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wutang said:
yes its true bud
people want what they cant have so of course the crime is gonna escalate
too bad the government is too retarded to realize that

Definitely. The dealers I know are actually often very keen businessmen, usually just dealing because of economic disparities, etc... The rift between lower/middle and upper classes in this society and the roadblocks preventing many of lower class people from prospering BREED such conditions and cause an endless cycle.

Users/dealers go to jail for their "crimes" then get out and can't get jobs because of their "crimes" and then have to resort to REAL crime and/or more drugs to survive and get through their miserable existences. It never ends...

--------------------

-The Stolen Journals

Offlinehilfloskind
Psychonaut
Male

#7408028 - 09/14/07 07:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Whoops. I just noticed the Grow Log forum section after I logged in. I usually lurk without logging in and it's invisible like that. Maybe a MOD can move this where it belongs...

Sorry for posting my log in the wrong forum section, folks!

--------------------

-The Stolen Journals

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract