Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long--
    #7406582 - 09/13/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

---Short Version---- I have made my peace with christianity and understand the harsh lesson mushrooms handed me.

4 months back I posted a thread talking about something bad that happened. I Jumped on a police car in my Underware at the crack of dawn. I got 7 felonies and have been fighting the system ever since, up until this point. I now have 1 felony which is, "Resisting arrest with use of force" And tommarow on the 9/14/07 I will be going to court.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/06/06/news/inland/vista/21_39_166_5_07.txt

On that night I found out the amount of mushrooms i ate was around 4.5 or 5 Grams.I ate them when i was deppressed and had NO trip sitter to watch over me and my girlfriend. I was in a shitty mood and couldnt tell why. I took the mushrooms anyway and was hoping for some spiritual insight. So we smoked a joint (My tolerance was low after not smoking for 3 months) Then we ate the shrooms

To make a long story short I was pretty much in hell once the trip started. I was reviewing my life, and thought I was dead. I was reviewing my girlfriend, my life, my family, anything you could think of. Twords the incident with the police i was standing up screaming. "I LOVE JESUS". "I WANT JESUS!" I couldnt tell why but it was what was going through my head. I simply thought I was in hell because i wasnt following jesus.

I had a flashback tonight. Ive been deppressed ever since I got out of jail 3 months back and was confused. I wanted to know why. Why would mushrooms give me such a trip. Why would something end so horribly on mushrooms? I WASNT ON PCP!

My deppression took over me on my walk home from work as i was thinking about my court date tommarow and wondering what was going to happen. I started feeling really weird. Like on a LOW dose of mushroom. However the toughts in my head were no longer confusing me. It was all making sense. Thats when it hit me. Why all this happened. Why mushrooms gave me such a horrid trip. Because in reality, the trip was exactly what I wanted inside.

What im trying to say is that i started using mushrooms and Acid because i didnt want to believe in god. I didnt want to believe in ever lasting hell. I didnt want to believe that if you dont follow jesus, that you are going to hell.

Hell is a real place. But not one of flames, It is a state of mind. It is being Bi-polar, It is Anxiety, It is Deppression, It is whatever you want to call it. Hell happens when we dont follow christ. HOWEVER not a real person as your imagining. Im talking about "CHRIST". Who was he? A good man. A man who came to earth and showed people that their destructive lives are leading them no where, and that they will end up in hell unless they follow him. A man who's only mission in life was to help others, a man who wanted to live "Correctly" and stay away from the destrictive path of life. And to TELL THE TRUTH. NOT TO LIE, Lies cause us to be confused about our reality. We are no longer in touch with our core. The hallucinations get stronger, ect.

Im no longer in fear of going to hell. Because ever since my mushroom trip and since ive gotten out of jail I have now come to realize that I was in hell. I was with a girl who I cared about but did NOT wanna end up living with my entire life. I was caring more about sex then helping my family. I was Playing computer more then time spent helping my little sister grow into a successful person.

Hell is us. So is heaven. Jesus was simply a way to sacre people. Not to follow christianity. But to scare them into following the corrrect path in life. So that we didnt avoid the truths of the world, and didnt keep destroying ourselves, and eachother.

And for all im guessing. The idea of jesus could of been started by a Psychedelic.

(Sorry. Please refrain but flaming, but this all is making sense to me now, Please wish me luck in court.)

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #7406656 - 09/13/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I do wish you luck in court my friend,

and I'm glad you had your epiphany.

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: Seventy]
    #7406706 - 09/13/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I feel sorry for people that follow christianity just because they don't want to go to hell. I follow it because I believe there are good teachings and proverbs.. I mean there are some good things in that book, but I guess this kind of stuff doesn't cross the minds of people who think it's all about having to believe in it. Not because some fire and brimstone preacher scared the shit out of me one day. I guess I'm kind of agnostic/christian/buddhist lol... Oh well,:yesnod: good luck in court!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #7406750 - 09/13/07 10:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I wish you luck. I really do.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinedirtworshipper
Sitting in the heart cave
Male User Gallery

Loc: at The Guru's lotus feet
    #7406791 - 09/13/07 10:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i'm so glad you were able to figure everything out

good luck in court, my friend
:grin:

:edit: I remember reading somewhere (from www.deoxy.org I believe) about how the bible could have been a big DMT trip basically.. or at least certain experiences people had at the time. Very interesting.

--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Edited by dirtworshipper (09/13/07 10:36 PM)

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: yageman]
    #7406812 - 09/13/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck in court, I think you will be ok. You finally know who you are and what to do, thats all thats important.

Its nice to hear you have found true faith in all of this and a deeper understanding of the universe and your truths.

Glad to hear you feel good about what you know after such an experience, and that you now have the tools in your mind to use your understanding for the betterment of all around. :smile:

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #7406935 - 09/13/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

christians are weird.:jesus:

--------------------

Offlinejamesb
Stranger
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7407263 - 09/14/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Everything you think or understand is created in your mind, you are the creator of all you think.
You are God, in your mind, dont believe other's creations, they are fairy tales.
Yes, they have alot of wisdom passed on and you can learn from the principles.
But the learning, that is your mind learning, you are interpreting and creating the ideas based on light reflecting off print.
The reflections are then built in your mind.
I am just a bunch of electrons on a computer screen, bouncing off of the back of your eye stimulating cells and neuro-electical impulses. You create the rest.
We are all just figures of light playing out in YOUR mind.
Jesus, your idea of it, is whatever you created in YOUR mind. You need something

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: jamesb]
    #7407382 - 09/14/07 01:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hes lacking some information, but what hes saying is correct.

Spiritualseeker,

Dont stop and think it will be all downhill from there.. you must rise up more and learn new things about your discovery or you will soon loose your way again.

Christanity is just a story(mostly true im certain), using many metaphors, but if you dont understand the metaphors you won't understand its message.

Goodluck, its all uphill from here.....

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
    #7407389 - 09/14/07 01:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jamesb said:
Everything you think or understand is created in your mind, you are the creator of all you think.
You are God, in your mind, dont believe other's creations, they are fairy tales.
But the learning, that is your mind learning, you are interpreting and creating the ideas based on light reflecting off print.
I am just a bunch of electrons on a computer screen, bouncing off of the back of your eye stimulating cells and neuro-electical impulses. You create the rest.
Jesus, your idea of it, is whatever you created in YOUR mind. You need something

And your going to need to know how to use all those "eletrons" and what not when you die... and if you don't know how to survive in this life, theres no way you will live to see another. (not talking about reincaration, talking about living in the next realm.

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #7407395 - 09/14/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeiligBoomerz said:
Christanity is just a story(mostly true im certain), using many metaphors, but if you dont understand the metaphors you won't understand its message.

If you don't understand the metaphors some dumbass is going to interpret them for you in which case you will blindly follow every word he says along with every other member of your church.

--------------------

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: DeathCompany]
    #7407888 - 09/14/07 06:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck!

I think there are basic things you've lernt which everyone should learn. You should be happy you've learnt them early. there are people in there nineties who still dont' understand that hurting others and striving for good and betterment etc. is a basic things you shoudl have figured out very ealry in life.

I woudl never criticise any philosophy which helps people understand these basic morals and all religions have the potential of good and bad just like all humans.

I dont like to go into my religion as its very personal for me. But one thing i believe as part of my religion that I feel is quite important to me is that sinning (doign "wrong") against another human is far worse than sinning against God.

Not goign to church/mosque/synagogue/temple etc. or not living by whatever "code" a religion has, teh dogamtics of religion are secondary to the basic rigths of fellow humans.

Basically i'm sayign doing right by your loved ones and never harming anothers feelings or rights (ewithin reason ofcourse, some people are downright touchy! :P) is far more important than whetehr you do this or dont do that or abstain fron whatever or attend whatever.

Thats a really long post huh?

:P

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7407895 - 09/14/07 06:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

although it is somewhat societal and religious conditioning in our christian society, it still makes sense for things that stand for good, and i respect you for turning over to that point and giving yourself to 'good will'.

Its not about the bullshit church christianity, but the positive energy and lessons it is teaching, and the light... but in todays world that is so smothered in ritualistic shit that the real message is almost forgotten.

done well, good luck

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #7408259 - 09/14/07 09:23 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

All religions started out with a good intention, but nowadays they've turned into something even Jesus couldn't have imagined. Over long periods of time, words get taken out of context, meanings change, details are left out, things are exaggerated, things are altered, etc.

Mohammad and Jesus were likely enlightened individuals, and wanted to use their influence to create an Easy-Ready-To-Go package which will the Average Joe reach enlightenment. They realized that you couldn't just give people a roadmap to enlightenment and expect them to follow it. You had to hold their hand throughout the entire trip.

In the 60s we tried to change the world with LSD. Simple concept, get everyone in power/with influence to take the drug and this will be a catalyst at bringing about world peace. In theory, the idea is perfect, but it didn't go too well, and that's certainly with the religions we have today.

Any religion can enlighten you, but how many believers these days are enlightened? Nobody even cares about the religion. They do the rituals and put their bodies in church because they see it as a way to avoid hell, not as a way of personal growth. You said this here:

Quote:

Hell is us. So is heaven. Jesus was simply a way to sacre people. Not to follow christianity. But to scare them into following the corrrect path in life. So that we didnt avoid the truths of the world, and didnt keep destroying ourselves, and eachother.

And for all im guessing. The idea of jesus could of been started by a Psychedelic.

You're right. It's irrelevant whether he existed or not. He was a normal human being who became enlightened.

Offlinejamesb
Stranger
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: HeiligBoomerz]
    #7408651 - 09/14/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeiligBoomerz said:
Quote:

jamesb said:

And your going to need to know how to use all those "eletrons" and what not when you die... and if you don't know how to survive in this life, theres no way you will live to see another. (not talking about reincaration, talking about living in the next realm.

There's no such thing as death, through the process of Samsarra, the soul lives forever and we are ALL part of Brahman, including Jesus.

The hymns of the Rig Veda are addressed to a huge collection of devas , or gods; however, there are several references to a single god or single principle which is the source or the totality of all other divinities and phenomenon in the universe; this is an early attempt in Hinduism to unify the many into the one. This single, originary divinity is sometimes the combination of all the gods put together, the Vishvadevas, or "Allgods." Sometimes this single divinity or principle is a concrete, active force, such as the World Maker (Vishvakarman: "All-maker"), or it's highly abstract, such as Rita, or cosmic order, an idea similar in some respects (but different in others) to the Chinese concept of the Tao or the Great Ultimate.

Upanishadic literature tended to talk about this unitary or single divinity, power, or principle to the exclusion of all other gods, so that philosophically Indian thought during the Upanishadic period moved towards many of the same conclusions as Parmenides and the Eleatic philosophers did in ancient Greece. This single, unitary divinity had several aspects and names in the Upanishads, two of the most important are Atman, "Universal Spirit," and Brahman. The word "brahman" in Sanskrit originally meant "power" and specifically referred to the power of prayer or sacrifice to bring about material change in the world (hence the word brahmin for priest); so that Brahman seems to refer to the power that brings about and changes the physical universe. In the Upanishads , Brahman is not only the principle and creator of all there is, but is also the sum totality of the universe and its phenomena.

This dual nature of the single divinity or totality of the universe, Brahman and Atman, gets worked out in the following way. Brahman can be located both in the physical, external world and also in the spiritual and inner world where it is present as Atman, "universal spirit." Now every human being has an undying soul (atman) which, because of samsara, lasts through eternity from life to life; this undying atman is a microcosm of Atman, the universal spirit, which is identical to Brahman. By understanding your true Self, by coming to know one's own undying soul, one then arrives at the knowledge of Brahman itself; the key to understanding the nature of the one unitary principle of the universe is to see one's (undying) self as identical with Brahman: "aham asmi Brahman": I am Brahman.

Here's the equation: Brahman=Atman=atman. Brahman is the totality of the universe as it is present outside of you;, Atman is the totality of the universe as it is present within you; Brahman is the totality of the world known objectively, Atman is the totality of the world known subjectively. This equation fundamentally underlies the whole of Krishna's teachings concerning dharma in the Baghavad Gita .

The famous quote of Physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer after successfully completed the first atomic explosion he developed; "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" comes from chapter 11 of the Baghavad Gita:

The Lord said: "Time [death] I am, the destroyer of the worlds, who has come to annihilate everyone. Even without your taking part all those arrayed in the [two] opposing ranks will be slain!"

I am Brahman, he is Brahman, we are all part of Brahman, known as Atman and atman.
Also, fruitflies= God's cameramen.
BELIEVE!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #7408686 - 09/14/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hey man
your story makes total sence to me.
learn and grow from this
maybe you had too much too fast :shrug: :gd_icon:

--------------------

Offlinejamesb
Stranger
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: notapillow]
    #7408751 - 09/14/07 11:50 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Besides all the metaphysical crap in this thread.

I hope this cat turns out ok and doesnt face the screws. The system loves to make examples out of people who are or were facing ontological issues.
I had a friend years ago, when we were underage, shoplift something and this woman tried to grab him as he was running out. He ran through her arms and he got charged with assault on her.
She, of course, milked it, went to the emergency room complaining of neck, back and arm pain. By a mere glance of her reaching out to grab him.
They charged him with a felony. Police are the same way, they will blow it totally out of proportion to screw people. I was in the pokey for a minor traffic offense and this guy was supposed to be released but they fugged up his paperwork. He was pissed, yelled and threw a paperplate from lunch in the air.
They charged him with assault b/c the paper plate came near a female officer.

Is it no wonder, that is is an "US" versus "Them" mentality.
These evil people do not tell the truth, they lie, they know things will be pleabargained unless they exaggerate. They themselves are scumbags.
That's why I avoid most of the average inbred cop and the churchers who will lie at the drop of a hat to destroy someone else's life. Very christian of them.

Now this dude, although being a total dipshit in his underwear, faces jailtime, in the old days. They'd just kick his ass and send him home. Now they have to rack up charges that will follow the man for life.
All b/c of mushrooms and a psychotic break.
Crazy and unfair.

While drunks can run into people all day long

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
    #7409130 - 09/14/07 01:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jamesb said:

There's no such thing as death, through the process of Samsarra, the soul lives forever and we are ALL part of Brahman, including Jesus.

The hymns of the Rig Veda are addressed to a huge collection of devas , or gods; however, there are several references to a single god or single principle which is the source or the totality of all other divinities and phenomenon in the universe; this is an early attempt in Hinduism to unify the many into the one. This single, originary divinity is sometimes the combination of all the gods put together, the Vishvadevas, or "Allgods." Sometimes this single divinity or principle is a concrete, active force, such as the World Maker (Vishvakarman: "All-maker"), or it's highly abstract, such as Rita, or cosmic order, an idea similar in some respects (but different in others) to the Chinese concept of the Tao or the Great Ultimate.

Upanishadic literature tended to talk about this unitary or single divinity, power, or principle to the exclusion of all other gods, so that philosophically Indian thought during the Upanishadic period moved towards many of the same conclusions as Parmenides and the Eleatic philosophers did in ancient Greece. This single, unitary divinity had several aspects and names in the Upanishads, two of the most important are Atman, "Universal Spirit," and Brahman. The word "brahman" in Sanskrit originally meant "power" and specifically referred to the power of prayer or sacrifice to bring about material change in the world (hence the word brahmin for priest); so that Brahman seems to refer to the power that brings about and changes the physical universe. In the Upanishads , Brahman is not only the principle and creator of all there is, but is also the sum totality of the universe and its phenomena.

This dual nature of the single divinity or totality of the universe, Brahman and Atman, gets worked out in the following way. Brahman can be located both in the physical, external world and also in the spiritual and inner world where it is present as Atman, "universal spirit." Now every human being has an undying soul (atman) which, because of samsara, lasts through eternity from life to life; this undying atman is a microcosm of Atman, the universal spirit, which is identical to Brahman. By understanding your true Self, by coming to know one's own undying soul, one then arrives at the knowledge of Brahman itself; the key to understanding the nature of the one unitary principle of the universe is to see one's (undying) self as identical with Brahman: "aham asmi Brahman": I am Brahman.

Here's the equation: Brahman=Atman=atman. Brahman is the totality of the universe as it is present outside of you;, Atman is the totality of the universe as it is present within you; Brahman is the totality of the world known objectively, Atman is the totality of the world known subjectively. This equation fundamentally underlies the whole of Krishna's teachings concerning dharma in the Baghavad Gita .

The famous quote of Physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer after successfully  completed the first atomic explosion he developed; "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" comes from chapter 11 of the Baghavad Gita:

The Lord said: "Time [death] I am, the destroyer of the worlds, who has come to annihilate everyone. Even without your taking part all those arrayed in the [two] opposing ranks will be slain!"

I am Brahman, he is Brahman, we are all part of Brahman, known as Atman and atman.
Also, fruitflies= God's cameramen.
BELIEVE!

Wow! You are seriously into Hinduism. Thats great. Not to rain on your parade, but Im from India, still live here, and am Hindu (not that I know EVERYTHING). This is all fine and good, but you telling people their faith isnt completely right, isnt right either I think. The reason Hinduism has survived and thrived and India is what it is, is because of the flexibility of faith afforded in the practice of the faith.

This sort of draws away from Spiritual Seekers first point, but just thought I would kinda point this out. With all due respect, sounds like a load of bull when you say your opinion is fact, whether it is for you is all that matters.

As for him, I see he has his own faith, and has found all the good things that the Upanishads and Vedas teach, in his own faith and in his own way. Good for him, and good for you to know yours, but also its important to know the place and time for placing ones views as THE universal truth. :smile:

Again, Jamesb, not a flame, just my opinion.

Seeker, again, good luck, hope your doing well, just chill and all will be good. Were here for you man!

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: gmuralid]
    #7409331 - 09/14/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gmuralid said:Wow! You are seriously into Hinduism. Thats great. Not to rain on your parade, but Im from India, still live here, and am Hindu (not that I know EVERYTHING). This is all fine and good, but you telling people their faith isnt completely right, isnt right either I think. The reason Hinduism has survived and thrived and India is what it is, is because of the flexibility of faith afforded in the practice of the faith.

This sort of draws away from Spiritual Seekers first point, but just thought I would kinda point this out. With all due respect, sounds like a load of bull when you say your opinion is fact, whether it is for you is all that matters.

As for him, I see he has his own faith, and has found all the good things that the Upanishads and Vedas teach, in his own faith and in his own way. Good for him, and good for you to know yours, but also its important to know the place and time for placing ones views as THE universal truth. :smile:

Seeker, again, good luck, hope your doing well, just chill and all will be good. Were here for you man!

Yessssssss.. thank you!

I find it annoying when anybody speaks as if their religion is the ultimate truth for all of us. It's so simple minded.. there are other serious religions that people place just as much faith in as jamesb does his. This guy makes a thread about how he found Jesus. and then jamesb goes prophet on us :crazy2:

Quote:

Jamesb: Jesus, your idea of it, is whatever you created in YOUR mind. You need something

HEY! Guess what! It goes both ways man. You need something too, evidently, wow what a concept huh? :wink:

Lots of people look at their religion as if it is the absolute truth. Then they forget that their decision to even begin to believe in that religion had influences. Say it's the religion your family has practiced for centuries, say it's what the majority of your society practices and expects, say its all you've ever known.. I mean the list can go on and on.

And then thats where they lose the respect for other religions, thinking that theirs is whats right, because it's all they have learned and placed their belief system in, forgetting that people have begun practicing their religions in the exact same manner that you began yours.

If you respect your religion then respect others, because the core IDEA of how it came about and how it comes about is the same. If you want people to have respect for your God, your Jesus, whatever the hell you have, then have that respect you expect for them. If you don't follow a religion, then respect religion as you would want others to respect your DECISION. People make their own choices, and thats exactly what they are.. choices.

It comes down to us choosing a guideline to live by when people choose a religion. Christians will live by the bible etc... Atheists may think they are more free because they don't have guidelines just laid out in front of them, but the guidelines are then created from their own morals and knowledge. So in essence they are still following a religion, it's just their own. Everyone has a religion, even the "atheists" :wink:

Once you understand where the major religions of the world today originated, and how they formed, you gain a greater understanding of your own religion and the psychology behind every religion.

Somewhere along the line people started to forget it was all about the stars.

Edited by StreetFreak (09/14/07 02:01 PM)

Offlinejamesb
Stranger
Re: I found Jesus!......It makes sense now! ---kinda long-- [Re: StreetFreak]
    #7410170 - 09/14/07 05:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

StreetFreak said:
Quote:

gmuralid said:Wow! You are seriously into Hinduism. Thats great. Not to rain on your parade, but Im from India, still live here, and am Hindu (not that I know EVERYTHING). This is all fine and good, but you telling people their faith isnt completely right, isnt right either I think. The reason Hinduism has survived and thrived and India is what it is, is because of the flexibility of faith afforded in the practice of the faith.

Yessssssss.. thank you!

I find it annoying when anybody speaks as if their religion is the ultimate truth for all of us. It's so simple minded.. there are other serious religions that people place just as much faith in as jamesb does his. This guy makes a thread about how he found Jesus. and then jamesb goes prophet on us :crazy2:

Quote:

Jamesb: Jesus, your idea of it, is whatever you created in YOUR mind. You need something

HEY! Guess what! It goes both ways man. You need something too, evidently, wow what a concept huh? :wink:

Lots of people look at their religion as if it is the absolute truth. Then they forget that their decision to even begin to believe in that religion had influences. Say it's the religion your family has practiced for centuries, say it's what the majority of your society practices and expects, say its all you've ever known.. I mean the list can go on and on.

And then thats where they lose the respect for other religions, thinking that theirs is whats right, because it's all they have learned and placed their belief system in, forgetting that people have begun practicing their religions in the exact same manner that you began yours.

If you respect your religion then respect others, because the core IDEA of how it came about and how it comes about is the same. If you want people to have respect for your God, your Jesus, whatever the hell you have, then have that respect you expect for them. If you don't follow a religion, then respect religion as you would want others to respect your DECISION. People make their own choices, and thats exactly what they are.. choices.

It comes down to us choosing a guideline to live by when people choose a religion. Christians will live by the bible etc... Atheists may think they are more free because they don't have guidelines just laid out in front of them, but the guidelines are then created from their own morals and knowledge. So in essence they are still following a religion, it's just their own. Everyone has a religion, even the "atheists" :wink:

Once you understand where the major religions of the world today originated, and how they formed, you gain a greater understanding of your own religion and the psychology behind every religion.

Somewhere along the line people started to forget it was all about the stars.

do you feel better now?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract