Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow...
    #7402846 - 09/12/07 10:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So as I said, im still in college (I don't live alone), and im in CA (I cant buy spores). Pokermush was nice enough to post this idea for me and I thought i'd run it by the cultivators..

Quote:

Fuck fuck fuck

I thought I'd post a copy of my reply to you so that others might benefit, and somehow my reply got lost in the ether. Damn, have to retype the whole thing.

OK lets try this again.

Keep in mind I'm shooting from the hip a bit here, using knowledge from my own experience and what I've read to peice together an easy grow for you. This method certainly isn't foolproof, but should work most of the time.

I would use a medium sized new bottle (plastic is fine) of apple juice. Put a hole in the top and cover with micropore tape (medical tape). Pour a bit of apple juice into a cup. Enjoy! You really only want the container about half full.

Now pour some apple juice into your bag, swish it around, and pour back into the bottle. Put the cap on and store the bottle in a warm dark place for a week.

After a week you should see lots of floaties in the juice. Not ON the juice, IN the juice. It's a liquid culture, YAY! But you can't use a LC to innoc straw or poo, because the mycelia needs to be established on a ready energy source to grow from. Grain would contaminate horribly, but we can use skewers or toothpicks instead. Sterilize the skewers in the oven at 275 for 2 hours. This might not be absolutely necessary, but should improve our odds. After they are sterilized, place immediately in the apple juice container and store for another week. The skewers should be only half in the juice, and you'll notice that the colonization is most visible where the skewers are not in the juice.

Now your skewers should have lots of fuzz on them. If the mycelia doesn't look well-established, give it another week.

Now go collect some poo. Avoid fresh, go for stuff that's been in the weather for a while and is dried if you can. Heat to 170F for an hour using whatever method you like. Hydrate the poo so that a few drops of water come out when you give a light squeeze (as if shaking hands). Let it cool, then add some skewers. Extra colonized skewers can be stored in the fridge in a ziploc baggie. A small rubbermaid for your substrate works great.

You don't need much air exchange here, but you want to provide some air exchange and some protection. Place the rubbermaid into a paper grocery sack, fold it over, and put it in a dark warm place for a week or two. The sack will provide some air exchange and some protection vs. insects and contams.

Check on it every few days, and when the whole thing turns white you're ready to move to the next step. If part of it doesn't seem to colonize, or if the mycelial growth stalls (indicating a probable bacterial contam in the substrate or excessive ammonia in the poo) proceed to the next step to fruit the colonized portion.

Fruiting:
If it isn't fully colonized for whatever reason, you'll want a casing layer. If it's fully colonized, it's not worth the hassle IMO.

To fruit, you need to provide air exchange, light, and humidity.

You'll want a rubbermaid that can hold your smaller rubbermaid (with the colonized substrate) with room to grow. Get one with a transparent top. Put a few inches of wet perlite (no standing water) in the bottom. Make some holes near the top and bottom for air exchange and plug with cotton or polyfill. (Search for "monotub" for lots of teks and pictures) Place the rubbermaid with the colonized substrate (no lid on this one) in the larger rubbermaid and put the lid on the outer rubbermaid.

Place it in a location where it can get some light. If you're doing a stealth grow, virtually any light source is good enough. A simple night-light from walmart is fine.

Good luck!

So I was thinking that i'd clean out a jar roughly 3in diameter by 7 inches tall with 90%water 10% bleach. Pour 1 cup of apple juice in it (I still don't understand why im supposed to use apple juice but I don't know a damn thing about growing). Then pour a small amount into a baggie of shrooms (I bought them from a friend and I am to assume that spores have fallen from the caps in the bag) and pour it into the jar. Poke 4 1/8th inch holes in the jar and put medical tape over them. then let this sit for about a week.

After that, do as he said with the bamboo toothpicks.

After another week or so, purchase some fertilizer (No cow fields around here) and place in a rubbermaid (how many inches of fert do I need in the rubbermaid? im thinking of using a rubbermaid which is roughly 6 inches tall which an area of 9 by 5 inches) then place the skewers inside it, close place the lid back on it, drill a few holes in the top and cover them w/ medical tape. then place it in a dark place for awhile

When the fruiting time comes i'll put that rubbermaid in a slightly bigger one (remember im trying to do this as stealthy as possible) what is the minium hight requirement for the fruiting chamber? Make some holes and cover them w/ med tape for air exchange and wait.

So will this work?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: learningtofly]
    #7402858 - 09/12/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

oh, I should also put some perlite in the casing chamber, im thinking of filling up to around the top of the smaller rubbermaid. would that be suitable?

And once again, im not looking for a large yield, just a small personal batch as my living conditions limit me.

--------------------

Offlinesomebody041
bud tester
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: learningtofly]
    #7403066 - 09/12/07 10:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you've got the general jist of it but you are going to have to do alot of reading to learn the proper teks. in this hobby you must be patient and it pays to do your research.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: somebody041]
    #7404162 - 09/13/07 09:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good you point me towards some reading aimed at stealth teks? from the stuff i've read it should take a little over a month for the yield.

--------------------

InvisibleZiggen
Bludgeon Yer Eye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
    #7404396 - 09/13/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Go towards the top of the page. Right above the banner ads. There's a little picture of a magnifying glass, and right next to it it says "search posts". Click on this. Search stealth grows. You'll get tons of results, guaranteed.

I remember one done inside a large toolbox...

--------------------
Rock over London, rock on Chicago
Kmart, it's the savings place

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #7404443 - 09/13/07 01:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sclerotia grows are the ultimate in steath technology.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: Workman]
    #7405723 - 09/13/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I didn't find much on only doing about a jar or two though... I also searched Sclerotia but didn't find much that would help. I am going to assume it is a strain though.

--------------------

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator

#7405764 - 09/13/07 07:07 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

best thing for you to do is read a bunch of teks so you know what you're doing....your in college get some practice reading...but anyways once you have a general idea of how different setups go, you can modify them to fit your needs, theres no one way to do anything.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: fallingaway24]
    #7405826 - 09/13/07 07:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry for being a noob

It isn't that I don't know what im doing, its that not many of these teks are particularly "stealthy" because if I could i'd go out and get a pressure cooker and a massive rubbermaid and everything but obviously I can't. I think what i'll do after the myc have colonized the skewers is get a small rubbermaid and fill it with some fertilizer, wait for that to pin then get a slightly bigger rubbermaid and layer with perlite.

after its colonized can I just fruit it in the same chamber (if its big enough) as the colonized substrate? and I've read that chopped up grass will work as a hpoo alternative as a substrate.

--------------------

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7406259 - 09/13/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, don't grow in a dorm. Only thing worse than getting kicked out of college would be going to prison.

But otherwise, I agree with what they said. ^^^

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Help; first time, still in college, attempting stealth grow... [Re: Dr_T]
    #7406576 - 09/13/07 09:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i'm at home, not in a dorm... if that makes any difference. I mean i've got a really good hookup (can supply pounds if i have the $$$) but I'd like to do it for free (obviously)

--------------------

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7406589 - 09/13/07 09:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Parents' house is still sketchy, but not as bad. Be careful.
It's not just free, it's fun!

For stealthiness, I'd try PF tek cakes. Buy RR's video.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale