Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request
    #739592 - 07/11/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: San Pedro Cutting [Re: malibu76]
    #739714 - 07/11/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It looks good because it's a fairly fresh cutting! You should let it dry out before planting. You should have a good callus on the bottom before planting, otherwise she'll rot.

I use C.I.L. Cactus Soil to pot mine. Works quite nicely and a lot less trouble than finding all the components to make your own light/loamy soil.

Once you plant her, water her once and then let the whole thing THOROUGHLY dry out before you even think of watering her again.

You do NOT need rooting compound or growth hormone at this stage. Infact, they'll likely do bad things. Oh, and no need to feed her for a while either. Let the immature root structure develop first.

-psyconaut

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #740538 - 07/11/02 10:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I ordered a 8" cutting and some seeds from them. they didnt have any seeds instock so they sent me a 12" cutting for my troubles and sent the seeds eventually free of charge. yes, they are very nice cuttings. I got mine to root in 2 weeks or so. my cutting came ready to root, i am assuming yours is caloused over enough. any commercial cactus mix is fine. I like whitney farms brand. I will post pics of it tomarrow, if you are interested that is...

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request [Re: psyconaut]
    #740599 - 07/12/02 01:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
    #741207 - 07/12/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, you must wait until it's a hard, dry callus. Use commercial cactus soil. I actually don't pay too much attention to the pot size -- but that's just my kink.

By feed I mean fertilizer, of course. Just plant your cactus far enough down that she gets adequate support. You'll get a feel for this when you actually do it.

As for inside or outside -- how the hell am I suppose to know the climate you live in?! :-p I would keep them inside until they get established. Less chance of nasty bugs and stuff, for a start. Plus you don't want a fresh cutting getting too much direct sunlight.

Fertilizer is a complex and loaded topic. People have their own theories and ideas. Howeve, as a pointer, I can tell you that you can just use regular houseplant food -- but make sure you dilute it more than you would for houseplants! Like by a factor of two.

Hope that helps. You might want to buy/borrow a book on cactus cultivation or read some of the many growing guides on the Internet.

-psyconaut

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: San Pedro Cutting [Re: psyconaut]
    #741432 - 07/12/02 10:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey does your cutting have four ribs?? Those are supposed to be pretty rare. The indians that use these in ceremonies take pride in finding pedros with four ribs.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: San Pedro Cutting [Re: chemkid]
    #741935 - 07/12/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

or its cerus not pedro..kinda looks that way to but i havent seen many cutting liek that so dont quote me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds