Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
Re: Azure/Cubensis Hyrbid ?? **PICS**
    #73958 - 02/09/00 10:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I just ran outside to check and compare with my azures growing out front. Those pics dont look anything like azures :frown: next thing you know someone will claiming those to be a wood lover

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: Azure/Cubensis Hyrbid ?? **PICS** [Re: Mycelium5150]
    #73959 - 02/10/00 05:24 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

W :smile: W!!!! They look really beautiful. looks like you gave it some positive feedback, so does that mean you'll soon be selling the spores of this azures/cubensis hybrid? If this is a sign you are, count me in on changing my ? to $ to buy a print...i would really like to try and grow these. i'm sure everyone else who will see this thread would like to purchase them as well...

cheers

Anonymous

#73960 - 02/10/00 05:59 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well God made me sceptic, you can call me Thomas if you want :smile:. I'm not going to get into why I don't think it's possible, but suffice it to say either way those are some sexy looking mushies.

My moneys on G... hehe, just because of history :smile:.

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #73961 - 02/10/00 07:48 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

looks like some nice cubes for me...but i haven`t grown any Azures yet.....
don`t think that there are Hybrets of Azures/Cubes around, if not even hybritising different Cube strains is popular (or they keep their secrets hidden?)

don`t think B or B+ are what Mr. G told us...
Psilocybe Fanaticus made some interesting research on this....

but who knows....

------------------

--------------------
i'm back

Anonymous

#73962 - 02/10/00 07:52 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Ryche-

Is this the same azure/cub 'hybrid' known as Golden Teacher, B+, PES Hawiaain and a half a dozen other names or is it a new attempt?

Anonymous

#73964 - 02/10/00 12:07 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Very pretty, but I need some spores to make an honest decision.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #73965 - 02/10/00 02:18 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

It looks like all cubensis to me. It still has universal veil fragments on the cap, a membranous partial veil, yellowish stem and grows at cubensis parameters. It reminds me of the Golden Teacher strain and maybe a little like BIO's Psilocybe caerulescens. I am not convinced by the umbo or wavy cap, I have seen that commonly in several cubensis strains. The odor, however, is another matter. All cubes I have smelled to date have that distinctive acrid rank. But then again, odor is very subjective.

Besides the fact that cubensis and azures will not naturally hybridize, I find it highly unlikely that an amatuer figured out a way to force it to happen. And then getting lucky enough to isolate a fruiting strain. It is easier to believe that a hopeful experimenter has just fooled themselves into thinking he/she did it. How about some images of the parent strains/species before "hybridization".

It would be interesting to see the next generation from spores of this "hybrid". A percentage of new multispore isolates should revert back to mostly cubensis and azures. Using simple genetics (which may or may not apply) 25% would revert back to cubensis, 25% to azurescens and 50% as the "hybrid".

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Offlinelares
    #73966 - 02/10/00 02:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

test

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #73967 - 02/10/00 06:58 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

In the words of the immortal Operation Ivy- "Here we go again"

Want my opinion?
1st, your banner ad here at the shroomery shows a (I assume cube) with a somewhat wavy cap. Obviously this happens sometimes with cubes.
2, you got burned on this before, or at least that seems to be general consensus regarding the B+.
3, This enormous breakthrough in cultivation isn't going to be stumbled on by somebody that doesn't know what they are doing.
4, If somebody that knew what they were doing accomplished this breakthrough, it would be evident. They would have plenty of research and data to prove it.

If you have in fact been in touch with Mr. G, tell him I would love to chat with him, pass on my e-mail addy if you would. You know that I've been wanting to talk to him ever since he left the shroomery.

They're pretty, but I won't believe it until either personal experience, hard proof (reviewable data), and to a lesser degree general consensus.
peaces

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #73968 - 02/10/00 07:02 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just wondering, what strain of cubensis was supposedly used to create this "hybrid"?

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #73969 - 02/10/00 08:24 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Ryche..... Isnt this your PLANTASIA MYSTERY STRAIN??? That was said to look like a cubensis/azure hybrid right??

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73970 - 02/11/00 12:09 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

With a big smile on my face...

keep those post coming .. you'll all be laughing with me in a few days.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73971 - 02/11/00 12:26 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

BTW.... Mycelium5150,
Can we see some pics of your azure patch?
If you dont have a digital camera, feel free to take pics with any 35mm disposable camera or whatever and I'll develop them and send you back a copy.. even scan them in and send copies to Workman :smile:

Wait till you try azures.... OH MY !!!
Words can hardly describe the places this mushroom takes you too....

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinesonichell
journeyman
    #73972 - 02/11/00 05:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

why will be laughing with you.

I agree it looks like a cube, i think the water availability, light amount, and temp could have made it look like that.

Anonymous

#73973 - 02/11/00 05:48 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe it's from Stamets? Just don't know about the smuggness...
Oleander

------------------
I'm only two people away from having a menage a trois!

InvisibleCondi1
old hand
    #73974 - 02/11/00 06:52 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Condi1 (edited October 06, 2000).]

Anonymous

#73975 - 02/12/00 07:42 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

TELL US TELL US!!!! WHO MADE IT??? I can't sleep at night!!!

ThE JafF

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #73976 - 02/12/00 08:19 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hello Hawk,
Great photo and great looking cubensis.

I have seen similar strains in Oregon in the early 1990's grown from spores from a print collected in Oaxaca.. All of the caps came up spreadout so the cap would eventually, in age, somethinmes split and crack like a flower peddle. And the caps had an unsual umbo , which sometimes wouyld curl up a little like a sombrero.

These are beautiful mushrooms so I am going to cop a few images for my files.

So I conclude with Workman's opinion that they are P. Cubensis and nothing else,a race, if not a strain.

Thanks alot.
mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited February 12, 2000).]

Anonymous

#73977 - 02/12/00 09:31 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice pictures of a spore race of cubensis. I thought this "hybrid" theory had finally been put to rest around here.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#73978 - 02/12/00 07:36 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hybrid? Azure/cubensis.... I seriously doubt it. I dont think I'll believe it until somebody like stamets publishes it.

This is the B+.
The only real difference is I used a print that was given to me by MR. G a long time ago before he disappeared. His x wife turned him in to the sherriffs, and from I'm told he's on the run. I dont know how much truth there is to that, never know with that guy.

None the less, when all this shit was going down with his wife, he sent me prints of everything he had, several of each, and said they were all "full bandwidth" of genes from each of these spore races/strains. That they would all show the best qualities and characteristics of these strains. And that he normally doesn't give these out, for personal research reasons.

So anyway... I decided to break some of these prints out and see if they grew any differently. So I experimented with the B+ and mexi-cub. As you can see, the B+ did grow very differently this time around. Giveing a similiar appearance to an azure/cub hyrbrid, perhaps this had something to do with why Mr. G was so convinced they were hybrids yet none of us seen it. I personally alwasy thought the B+ acted mostly like a cubensis, but also that of caramel cap species since it does grow so well in the cold temps and will colonize and fruit on wood very well.
None the less, the B+ by far one of the most adaptable mushrooms to many growing conditions out there in my opinion, fruits very easily as well, and is a very nice clean potent high.

As for the mexi-cub experiment. Once again, he wasn't bull shitting, these wide bandwidth spores produced some beautiful large mexi cubs, with that lovely yellowish, spotted cap I've seen so many times with the mexi cub.
In the past, the few times I grew out the mexi-cubs, they always produced a lot of little mushrooms, with large caps for such a small stem. They also had a nice yellowish color cap with lots of dots on it, and they flushed fast and continuously.

Well.. this time around the grew some mush larger stemps with large caps again, same beautiful yellowish spotted cap, and once again flush fast and continuously. The last patch produced 7 flushes for me in 8 weeks before i pulled them to make room for a new patch of mexi cubs. The 6th and 7th flush were alsmost as good as the first flush.
I probably should have let them keep going to see how many flushes I would get from them, but need to to birth some more.

What I found interesting the next time is this second patch of mexi cubs produced some nice large stemmed cap mushrooms again, but this time there more orange/golden color with the spots. I've always seen the mexi cubs to be a unique yellowish color that I had not seen from other cubensis.

This patch of B+ just started flushing again, it will be interesting to see if they produce broadly umbonate caps again.

So in closling... azure/hybrid... I just dont think there is such a thing, or if there is I'm sure Stamets will report on it in his next book.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck