Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleimpeachme2
AmateurMycologist
 User Gallery

Liquid Light Malt Extract Proportion
    #7395670 - 09/11/07 10:00 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I bought Light Malt Extract in a liquid form, since it was much cheaper than the dry form. It's thickness is similar to a thick syrup/molasses. Should I use approximately the same proportion to water for liquid culture? (5 to 10 grams per cup of water)

I plan on using it with dextrose.

--------------------
tradelist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Liquid Light Malt Extract Proportion [Re: impeachme2]
    #7395875 - 09/11/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I would find out the ratio of the malt extract to water recommended for normal use and then compare the amount of malt (dry) to water for the same effect. This can be accomplished by calling your local brew store. The amount of amount in a liquid extract is probably going to be much higher than dry content.

The only thing I don't like about using liquid extracts is storage and sterility. Once you open that bag it's the same thing as opening a sterilized jar of liquid substrate. I can definitely see contaminates entering the bag once you expose it to open air.

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Liquid Light Malt Extract Proportion [Re: Wronguy]
    #7398486 - 09/11/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed.
The dry stuff is the stickiest, angriest powder I've ever had in my house. A bag of liquid malt extract is going be like having hot tar loose in your kitchen. I'm sure brewers just dump the whole bag in- but you want a tablespoon or so.

But dextrose and malt extract makes some ass-kicking LC.
I use 2% dextrose, and a tablespoon of ME to 10 ounces of that.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags