Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespock1
Stranger
Male User Gallery
mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? *DELETED*
    #7393033 - 09/10/07 08:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by spock1

Reason for deletion: .

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? [Re: spock1]
    #7393147 - 09/10/07 08:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Try it and see...

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlinespock1
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? *DELETED* [Re: Dr_T]
    #7393202 - 09/10/07 08:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by spock1

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7393226 - 09/10/07 08:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's not a myth that there are mold spores, and that releasing more increases the number in your house.

If you keep getting contams, you need to do something different. Maybe cleaning is it.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
    #7394003 - 09/10/07 11:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

With very sterile techniques, it is possible for even the moldiest house to grow mushrooms without contamination.
If you are a lazy cultivator, with a sloppy technique, even the cleanest home won't help contamination in your grows.

Basically, the more spores there are in the air, the more likely you are to get contamination- and thus, more sterile techniques are required to avoid contaminants.

So, either step up your technique, or go on a crack headed cleaning spree.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? [Re: CureCat]
    #7395764 - 09/11/07 12:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm following this thread because just this morning I uncovered the unperforated aluminum foil from a casing to discover about 4 square cm of what could only be Trich - already looking green. I re-covered the casing immediately, but had accidentlly ripped a 5 - 6 cm rent in the foil when I initially uncovered it. Carried the (mostly covered)casing directly out of the house to the remote corner of my 1.2 acre property and dumped it in the woods.

I also removed three other casings which showed NO signs of Trich (and looked quite healthy, actually) and buried them 4 cm deep in a nice moist part of my wife's garden where the misters will get 'em, just to be totally safe. So, the million dollar question is...is my house totally contaminated with Trich spores and toast for future grows???? I read various approaches where people actually cut away (or leave!) trich on their grows and just toss the affected shrooms.

Which is the truth?? Is it BAD with a capital "B" or tolerable to a degree?

Thanks.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #7395958 - 09/11/07 01:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spock1 said:
I've read a lot about mold outbreaks or trich outbreaks that a lot of people say the whole room/house has to be thoroughly cleaned before anything can be grown again. But then I read that trich and other mold spores are in the air anyway, and that the only way to prevent it is sterility in the beginning and then FAE.

I've had a couple tubs that become covered with mold and maybe I spread the spores around while getting rid of them. Do I really have to scrub the walls and sterilize every surface now or is that a myth?

I try to save my contamed jars, so I open my jars and remove the contams inside, cause I got no were outside to do it. I avoid inhailing even though the contams are small, never try to save a big contam, the biggest trich I had in a contamed jar was about the size of a quarter. The bulk tub contamed from that jar in only the corner so I removed a large amount of the whole corner and tis been gone gone gone. It now got fruits.

Anyway so the area I grow in has had a lot of contam spores in there and this has effected me 0.

If a jar is contamed, and the contam gets into the bulk, it will spread through it. But just cause your house wont, unless it gets into a jar, but I use silicone injection and tyvek air filters And flame and alchol the needle.

So check your procedure.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? [Re: budmanman]
    #7397118 - 09/11/07 06:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's a cumulative thing. Get rid of contaminated projects as soon as they're discovered. It's true that mold spores are in the air, but if you have an outbreak, they are increased by a factor of many thousands.

Many new growers can get away with sloppy technique or trying to save contaminated projects a time or two, but then the trillions of mold spores that were released in their grow area come back to bite them in the butt big time. If one only wishes a crop of 'shrooms' and then is going to quit growing, go ahead and leave contaminated projects in place, or make an attempt to cut them out. However, if this is your new hobby and you plan to be around awhile, immediately remove contaminated projects outdoors, or to the nearest dumpster.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7398999 - 09/12/07 01:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno I been saving contamed projects for a long time and with my new tyvek filter method no jar even contaminated. And with silicone injection and alchol whipe I believe it is very hard for something to get in.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: mold outbreak, spores everywhere, problem? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7400655 - 09/12/07 03:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Roger:

Thanks for ringing in on this subject. Although I only plan on performing limited propagation of mushrooms sufficient to support some planned research, consistent propagation techniques and avoidance of contamination(s) is obviously of paramount importance. I have ready access to some pretty sophisticated optical and analytic equipment, and that which I cannot access or afford to buy, I can probably build over time.

I greatly appreciate the knowledge base on this forum. Being a mycological neophyte on this message board is an amazing and gratifying experience. Kudos to the moderators, members, and contributors who selflessly provide the benefit of their knowledge and experience when assistance is needed.

Best regards,
N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation