Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: simple LC worth it. [Re: Digital Reality]
    #7391965 - 09/10/07 01:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well wtf!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

Re: simple LC worth it. [Re: blood4blood]
    #7392018 - 09/10/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

And BTW blood, ill have to give that way a try. I never opened my bottle. Like i said i just made the self sealing injection port on the side around the top and injected from there. But if you did that yesterday it seems your way is a good bit quicker. It took about 3 days before i noticed any growth. So i guess a little air in there is a good thing. Done in a glove box of course. Thanks for the info

Oh and did you use LC or spores to knock up your bottle. And how much did you use. I was using the smaller 16oz (i think) minute made bottles of apple juice and added about 2-3 cc's of spore water.

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7392046 - 09/10/07 01:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Oh nvm i just re-read your post and saw you dropped in spores, so im guessing you had a print.  :1up:

Edited by Digital Reality (09/10/07 01:51 PM)

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7392067 - 09/10/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yea i used about half of a print (just cause it was all messy in the foil) and i wanted to get rid of it. dont know if its overkill or not yet. but its looking good so far

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7392091 - 09/10/07 02:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If you have it laying around with extra for later i don't see how you can use to much. kinda the same thing with spawning to poo or what have you. It just speeds up the process. I wish i had that luxury. lol

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#7392322 - 09/10/07 03:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No,I was using the bearded smiley cause now I'm thinking that I want to try this,I don't have any feedback thats useful cause Ive never seen this done before....I mean apple juice....could it get any easier,its almost too good to be true:rockon:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Re: simple LC worth it. [Re: Blutjager]
    #7392397 - 09/10/07 03:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ill get some pics posted in the next couple of days... im in the process of doing your updated babybottle tek too. yea i couldnt belive that there are strings of myc floating in it already... i got to work 12 hrs tonight hopefully when i come home in the morn ill have a pleasant surprise waiting for me..

OfflineEl_Flying_Mohawk
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: simple LC worth it. [Re: Blutjager]
    #7392404 - 09/10/07 03:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

1 word, TURBINADO.

So far, worked much better for me than Honey and Karo.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6378527/an/0/page/0

--------------------
Forever noob

OfflineeVenom
DRIFT on toBATTLE
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #7393796 - 09/10/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Digital Reality said:
I saw a post from RR a few weeks ago talking about this and was dumbfounded by the fact that we go through all this trouble to mix water and karo then PC it and so on. when really all you need is a damn bottle of Apple Juice.

well I read a post by RR that said that doing liquid culture by trowing karo, honey and all sorts was basically dumb so I doubt that he will make such post!
Here it is!

--------------------
eVenom

"Some of us like a nice buzz, while others want to climb a screaming volcano naked to meet god."
RR

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

Re: simple LC worth it. [Re: eVenom]
    #7395687 - 09/11/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus Christ dude. Is that all you do is look through post trying to find something you think you can prove wrong to try and look smart. I never stated what he said in his post. I never said thats how he makes his liquid culture or tried to state his views on using apple juice as a medium for liquid culture. I just said he was talking about the subject or commented on it i guess. What he actually said was that bottled juice has been used for years by people as a liquid culture and it required no sterilization. Basically throwing it out there that using apple juice will work. Heres the link since clearly you cant post anything these days without a reference to your information.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7354771#7354771

Its kinda sad because im sure it discourages a lot of people from posting because they don't want to have to deal with ass holes like you trying to flame someone because they maybe said something wrong or whatever the circumstance may be.

But the rest of my post was what i decided to do and found to work. So unless you have something usefully to say please Shut the fuck up, or go harass someone else.

Offlinegrapejelly

#7396097 - 09/11/07 12:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

that bearded smiley must mean, "hmmmm, interesting..."

:smile:

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7398700 - 09/11/07 09:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Damn you blood and the ideas you put in my head. Tonight i tried to knock up 2 more bottles of apple juice the way you were saying so i could see the difference between way i did it and your way in terms of speed of growth. Well i hadn't used my glove box in a while so i wiped it out with alcohol really good and then lysoled it with everything it it but never let the standing alcohol dry. Then i took a shot glass inside the glove box turned upside down with a little alcohol in it for a flame so i can flame the needle to puncture the top. That goes smoothly. I empty out about a cup or so of juice and i guess in the process spill alcohol in the box around the shot glass. This time I have the syringe and go to flame it's needle and as soon as i light the lighter the entire shot glass catches on fire and then the entire fucking inside of the box just burst in flames. I start freaking out because my arms are also now on fire. I spill everything inside the box trying to get my arms out because the holes i cut are a tight fit. So After its all said and done I have burns all over my arms, no hair until about half way up my forearms and completely ruined that bottle of juice. Lol  :whack:

Luckily i had 2 extra so i washed everything out with water this time and tried again with just lysol. This time everything worked out a little better. But god damn, i can only imagine what that would have looked like if someone caught that on camera. lol. Not one of my better moments i guess :tongue2:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7399581 - 09/12/07 05:59 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit dude! thats insane. didnt you read that thread "glovebox+alchol+flame=badnews" haha....

i flame the needles right in front of my glovebox holes then put it in the box quick and wipe it with a alchol pad. i did the same with the lid to the juice. put the juice in the glovebox then i took off the lid dumped some juice out (still in the box) took the lid out and heated a nail and made my 2 holes right in front of the holes of the box put the lid back in and wiped it with alchol and put back on the bottle and siloconed the holes. just tryin g to be as sterile as possible w/o mixing flames and alchol together in the box...

-oh i gave ot a little shake this morn after work and it is looking really good...

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7399661 - 09/12/07 06:53 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Lol nope i must have missed that thread. I guess i just decided sterility was more important than what common sense told me. But i think next time ill just keep everything in the box expect the flame and just heat the extra needle i was using, then once thats red hot quick stick it through the hole in the box and puncture the top. It really works easier than i though. It pushed through like a hot knife through butter. After than just squirt the juice out of the hole in a cup i had already put in the box. Then add the spores and seal it up. That way there is no need to ever open the box. But it seems your way worked out with no contams so im sure im just paranoid and go over kill with that stuff. lol oh well.

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7400467 - 09/12/07 11:49 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i might of got lucky too, i dont know any other way of going about it though.

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7400522 - 09/12/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Lol you can take your chances and stick it all in the box like me. Knock up your bottles and pray that you escape the box with all your arm hair.

Oh and what ever happend to your picks? I thought you were going to post some up?

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7400632 - 09/12/07 12:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

heres a pic, i just shook it a little so you really cant see the strings anymore and my camera is really shitty too. but you can def see how much cloudier the one on the right is compared to the left... hopefully i can get a better pic soon im going in to get a new camera today. any ideas???

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7400824 - 09/12/07 02:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno bro. i cant find the post but i thought i remember seeing a post saying that cloudy normally mean contamination. I found a pic of good LC but i doubt there's is shook up. I also found another link where someone did LC and it did just what you described. It took off in like a day but it turned out to be Green mold. So best of luck to you with that but i would maybe only knock up a few jars at first to test it out. That way you don't just have a bunch of contaminated shit if that is the case.

Good LC Pics
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-05/763369033-LC_3A.jpg

Link to contaminated LC
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4146863#4146863

One last link to someone trying to contaminate LC to see what it actually looks like, and how to spot it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4331322#4331322

Keep us updated. Id like to see how well this works out. The ones i knocked up the other day are SLOW as hell. And after setting my box on fire and spilling shit everywhere it wouldn't surprise me if they are contaminated.

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7401164 - 09/12/07 03:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

seriously??? oh well ill giv it another shot if it is. i got some brf cakes pc'in right now that i will test that lc on...

i wish someone with some more expierence would chime in and let me know if this is contaminated or not...

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

#7401303 - 09/12/07 04:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think anyone really is going to be able to tell you if its contaminated. I think thats one of the reasons RR doesn't like using LC. If you look at that post that the one guy tried to use to prove what i said wrong, the explanation he gives seems to give me the impression that LC isn't something you can really tell if its contaminated or not. So id say the only real way would be to test it out. But RR does make some pretty good points in his post.

"You might want to read more than the last paragraph. I described a method to generate ten times as much LC in a shorter period of time without contamination. I'm not against liquid culture. I use it all the time. I'm simply dead against the idea of squirting a syringe into a bottle of karo/water. I insist on having at least some verification my LC is good before I inject a bunch of jars."

The link has some good info in it if you haven't already read it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6344136#Post6344136

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract