Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Perminant tolerance to mushrooms?
    #7373775 - 09/06/07 08:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I have done mushrooms hundreds of times, i honestly cant count any more, But my last dozen trips or so have been very odd. They have been spaced out at least month or two between them, but they have all been incredibly weak. When i first started, the trips were absolutly amazing, colorfull thought inspiring, every thing one thinks of a trip being.

After a while i started upping my dose to some pretty heroic doses, 5-8g, and putting at least two weeks between them. I got alot out of those, and they were nearly all solo trips, and not one was a bad trip.

I then stopped for almost two years, due to me moving and such, and then when i came back i had a nice mellow trip at the begining of the hunting season.  It was about 3g. The next time i tripped, it was almost like nothing happend, i thought i had some how goofed. I let a month or so pass and tried again, i ate about 5g and had a very light trip, almost no OEV's, limited CEV's and few unique or what i would consider trippy thoughts.

I decided to hold off a while and had about 5 more trips that year, alone and with some friends, two of which were nice colorfull and thought provoking trips. But i ate over 10g on both of them.

This year i got ahold of some rue, i would have preferred Aya vine, but that was my fault for not quite reasehrching enough. Ooops.
Any way, i have preeped for days, and fasted all day, and ate 3g of rue, waited an hour and dosed 3g of mushies. Again just a nice light trip, more visuals and thoughts than 3g would normaly do, but nowhere near what i had expected. All of my friends had a blast, some were struck in awe at all the colors, and one couldent talk straight the whole time, and they had less rue and caps than me.

Then last week, i got ahold of about 4g ate them solo with out rue, had almost no trip at all, and mind you i havent had any in a little over a month. As the night went on i noticed i was getting one of my usuall headaches that i get at the end of a trip, so i ate 7.5 oxy and went to bed. The next morning i woke up with the most intence migraine i have had in years. I was litterally curled in a ball crying.

I just dont understand, im the only person i know that GETS headaches from mushrooms, I space them to give my self time to adjust, and still i have to take what most consider insane amounts to have a trip that i would compare to most peoples 3.5g trips. Even with rue, it almost like its just threshold tripping.

It quite frustrating considering how much this fungus has changed my life, and now it feels like its rejecting me. And the season has barely started around here. :sad:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2end4
Fuckin Immortal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Aristonda
Re: Perminant tolerance to mushrooms? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #7373793 - 09/06/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, I notice how I dont trip as hard as I used to, but this seems different. How does it effect your dreams, or do you even have any?

--------------------
Praise Bob!

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Perminant tolerance to mushrooms? [Re: 2end4]
    #7373799 - 09/06/07 08:45 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I still have dreams, and every once in a while i can remember them.
The ones i do remember are very weird. They seem to be theamed around voayges, but i havent started a dream journal so its hard to analyze them.

But all in all, my dreams dont seem all that different from before i started Psychs. Then again, that was a while ago, and alot has changed.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7373883 - 09/06/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I always find it so hard to believe that someone could eat mushrooms and not trip. I am by no means saying that it couldn't happen, or it won't happen, because obviously it does according to the many people that have had it happen to them. I think it's strange because I've never failed to trip when I've eaten any amount of mushrooms. There's never been a trip I've taken in which I wasn't completely 150% submerged in the experience. I've actually started to wonder if I am one of those people with an extremely low tolerance. I would assume not, but who knows...

Anyway, I would recommend taking a break from the ol' fungus among us. Maybe they are trying to tell you that you're at a point in your life that you don't need them to move forward. If you do end up giving them up for a while, I think you'll understand it's the best decision at this point. Plus, even if you decide to use them again in the future, they'll always be there.

--------------------

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Perminant tolerance to mushrooms? [Re: MorphMan]
    #7374011 - 09/06/07 10:15 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, ive been drawing that conclusion too. I think im gonna stop for a long while. I do have a lot on my plate so it is a good time to take my next step.

And i can see how you are suprised that i dont really trip anymore. For every one i know, if they eat 1-3g, they are tripping nuts, if i eat anything less than 3-4g its just a body high, maby some CEV's if I concentrate. So i am going to assume that they have "shown" me all they can, and its time for me to move on.

Damn im going to miss them.

acommunistspy - yea they were all basically from the same batch since they were all from the feilds around my house. Ive never purchased mushies, or sold them for that matter. Ive have copes a few times, but they are really hard to find, and the only time i have was in my early stages of tripping.

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7374353 - 09/06/07 12:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Some people reckon that homegrown mushrooms are more potent. There are a lot of factors that affect the potency of mushrooms.

Maybe you should grow your own?

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds