Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
Hare Krishna
    #7372158 - 09/05/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Any one into Hare Krishna?

i got exposed to some of it and it surprised me how familiar all of it seemed to me. i think it made a big impact on me. i had wondered if any one else has been aware of these states of consciousness?

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #7372248 - 09/05/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Hare Krishna [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #7372274 - 09/05/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know anything about Hare Krishnas.  My friend told me it has a lot of the attributes of a cult.

Have you ever listened to Krishna Das?  If the Maha Mantra and similar chants give you pleasure, you will love him.  It is some of the most uplifting, peaceful music I've ever come across. :smile:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: Lion]
    #7372432 - 09/05/07 08:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i got a book from some dude in san fran, i knew he was a weirdo Satanist.

i treated a friend to a burrito and he ordered a vegi burrito and then i was waiting to order and they didn't ask me so when i finally ordered they ended up giving me a vegi burrito and i didn't know.

well as i was eating i was getting mad like why do i feel like I'm not eating nothing. then i noticed allot of beans. well then i said what the hell man where is the meat??? and i figured they gave me the wrong order. i didn't complain but i was pissed. it was good i might add.

--------------------

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7372443 - 09/05/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

oh heck yeah bug, i felt that way a few times when the dude was telling me about the stuff.

i never heard of Krishna Das.

also i seen a temple on a picture and it had the masonic checker board on the floor so :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinejainveganbuddha
shaman
 User Gallery

#8469265 - 05/31/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

interesting

--------------------
Careful Nonviolence Toward All Life Forms

Edited by jainveganbuddha (12/04/08 07:45 AM)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: jainveganbuddha]
    #8469282 - 05/31/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hari Krishna's are everywhere here in gainesville, they have a whole community on this huge farm just outside of town. They also serve some pretty good food on campus, but they keep raising the price on it. I thought one of the major ideals behind their religion was giving away karma free food, but apparently they have taken a more pricey interpretation.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8469314 - 05/31/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

They have good food, and I enjoy listening to some of the sermons. You gotta read between the lines though!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #8469331 - 05/31/08 11:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the food is damn tasty, no question about that. Krishna lunch is easily some of my favorite food in town.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #8469463 - 06/01/08 12:07 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Oh man I would not eat the food they try to give you. They purposly add large amounts of saltpeter to the food. Why do they do this? Saltpeter is a anaphrodisiac which inhibits your libido. Right after they dose you with saltpeter they start to preach. If saltpeter is a anaphrodisiac then I believe they use it to dull your mind and put you in a state where they can easily impress their ideas on to you. Those guys seem shady to me I just ignore them when they walk up to me all bright eyed trying to "give" me some magic book. Then before they "give" it to you they try to get a donation from you or have you come to their brainwashed out dinners. Fuck that!

--------------------

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: muistrue]
    #8469546 - 06/01/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've heard about this too, but I don't think all krishna centers prepare their food with salt-peter. Their art is pretty cool too. Sometimes they really try to get you to buy into it all, but I've heard some pretty sketchy things!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

Offlinejainveganbuddha
shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Hare Krishna *DELETED* [Re: muistrue]
    #9364024 - 12/04/08 07:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by jainveganbuddha

Reason for deletion: off topic

--------------------
Careful Nonviolence Toward All Life Forms

Offlinedfs
Stranger
Male

Re: Hare Krishna [Re: jainveganbuddha]
    #9364041 - 12/04/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

potassium nitrate in food is a myth guys., there are stories about it beein used in schools, military, prisons and so on. truth is that potassium nitrate has no anaphrodisiac value at all.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: muistrue]
    #9364088 - 12/04/08 07:33 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Oh man I would not eat the food they try to give you. They purposly add large amounts of saltpeter to the food. Why do they do this? Saltpeter is a  anaphrodisiac which inhibits your libido. Right after they dose you with saltpeter they start to preach. If saltpeter is a anaphrodisiac then I believe they use it to dull your mind and put you in a state where they can easily impress their ideas on to you. Those guys seem shady to me I just ignore them when they walk up to me all bright eyed trying to "give" me some magic book. Then before they "give" it to you they try to get a donation from you or have you come to their brainwashed out dinners. Fuck that!

I agree, im not saying all these dudes are bad but i have had only strange(not the good kind)experiences with them

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
    #9364110 - 12/04/08 07:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i live in a town with one of (if not the) the biggest krishna temples/camps in north america.  i read a little in this thread and i just would like to say that i was raised strict southern baptist, and whether or not i practice it i still hold a lot of those morals.

that said, hare krishnas are NOT part of a cult.  the religion is nothing like a cult.  only fucking backwater rednecks who know nothing about the people or religion think so.  i've spent so many idle days hanging out at the temple here in town.  the people are awesome, the food and drink is great, the scenery and general vibe can't be touched either.  plus, all their cows are fed with organic foods and treated with no chemicals.  mushroom heavennnnnnnn lol.

my old bud connect is a serious devotee.  every time i went to see her she would send me out with krishna DVDs and books.  if i were to actively practice one religion krishna may be the one i'd choose.  most devotees focus on getting themselves closer to divinity and god their own way.  to devotees it's not about one single religion but the bigger picture.

i probably know a little bit more than most non-devotees so if any regular peoples has any questions feel free to ask

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hare Krishna [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9364115 - 12/04/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
Quote:

FractalDust said:
Oh man I would not eat the food they try to give you. They purposly add large amounts of saltpeter to the food. Why do they do this? Saltpeter is a  anaphrodisiac which inhibits your libido. Right after they dose you with saltpeter they start to preach. If saltpeter is a anaphrodisiac then I believe they use it to dull your mind and put you in a state where they can easily impress their ideas on to you. Those guys seem shady to me I just ignore them when they walk up to me all bright eyed trying to "give" me some magic book. Then before they "give" it to you they try to get a donation from you or have you come to their brainwashed out dinners. Fuck that!

I agree, im not saying all these dudes are bad but i have had only strange(not the good kind)experiences with them

okay that is bullshit imo.  i have never met a single devotee that told me a god damn thing i didn't ask to hear.  yes, they can be quite annoying if you see krishnas posted up at say the grocery store, but if you find yourself with a lot of krishnas and food they don't try and drug and convert you.  they never have me, anyway.  if you want to get brainwashed go hit up a christian church.  compared to krishnas, modern christians are the equivalent of satan himself.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hare Krishna [Re: zSDMF]
    #9364126 - 12/04/08 07:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i think either can be bad, krishna or christian its the people who are "teaching" these faiths that are fucked

i know several christians that are the real deal, they dont go to church because they say its poison

they are some of the kindest people i know, i also know sum christians that are as you say satan himself

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hare Krishna [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9364146 - 12/04/08 07:53 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well that is a given.  but have you ever been to a krishna temple?  i have been to a ton of churches in my day and i feel more welcome at the temple and i don't even practice the religion.  not even close.  the stigma that krishnas are a cult is bull shit, no more than any other religion.  probably a lot less in actuality.  what kind of bad, strange experiences have you had?

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #9364157 - 12/04/08 07:55 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i like Buddhism

Offlinegoliath_91710
King Dumpster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
    #9366524 - 12/04/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
i live in a town with one of (if not the) the biggest krishna temples/camps in north america.  i read a little in this thread and i just would like to say that i was raised strict southern baptist, and whether or not i practice it i still hold a lot of those morals.

that said, hare krishnas are NOT part of a cult.  the religion is nothing like a cult.  only fucking backwater rednecks who know nothing about the people or religion think so.  i've spent so many idle days hanging out at the temple here in town.  the people are awesome, the food and drink is great, the scenery and general vibe can't be touched either.  plus, all their cows are fed with organic foods and treated with no chemicals.  mushroom heavennnnnnnn lol.

my old bud connect is a serious devotee.  every time i went to see her she would send me out with krishna DVDs and books.  if i were to actively practice one religion krishna may be the one i'd choose.  most devotees focus on getting themselves closer to divinity and god their own way.  to devotees it's not about one single religion but the bigger picture.

i probably know a little bit more than most non-devotees so if any regular peoples has any questions feel free to ask

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Participate joyfully in the sorrows of life." - Joseph Campbell

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order