Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Loc: Toronto, ON
Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience
    #7366101 - 09/03/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The other night I smoked about 2.5 bowls after having consumed 4 bottles of beer (enough for me to be significantly buzzed) and what was once a rare occurrence of forgetting what I was doing while high turned into a nightmare.

The second I did something I forgot I did it. I would find myself in the kitchen, then without remembering, I would end up in the living room, talking to my girlfriend about the crazy trippy experience I was having. She told me that I was speaking normally, but I still felt completely out of my mind. It was the THC, because I have had similar time problems after smoking much less. Paranoia hit in, and what I had read once about calming yourself down in a high stopped working. I curled up into a ball, keeping my eyes open. Whenever I closed them the dark void I gazed into started spinning, and I was forced to open them because the feeling was terrible. I felt like I was on a roller coaster and started to panic, thinking that I would throw up.

The entire night was a blur. I had not smoked moderately enough to even get any interesting thoughts in like I usually do. Instead it was just several hours of intense panic and confusion. The next day I still felt high for the first 10-15 hours. My highs tend to last a long time.

So here's the question - if I get this crazy smoking marijuana and not being able to control myself, will shrooms be too much for me to handle? It was the same weed from December, so I doubt it was laced with anything.

Any help is immensely appreciated.

Edited by phaust (09/03/07 10:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: phaust]
    #7366107 - 09/03/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting note - I felt the worst while the end of Fantastic Four was playing, where the most mayhem and destruction occured, yet when a comedy came on my mood was slightly lifted.

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
    #7366116 - 09/03/07 10:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Smoke a j with no alcohol or other drugs, and report back to us :thumbup:

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: StreetFreak]
    #7366126 - 09/03/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This was only the second time mixing the two - and I would never do it again. But was it all a result of the mixture?

Edited by phaust (09/03/07 10:48 PM)

Offlineclover606
Stranger
Male
    #7366133 - 09/03/07 10:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

booze and weed can fuck with you, thats two totally different feelings fighting for dominance

--------------------
grassman said:

I remember being in DARE when i was much younger and some of the stories they would tell you are not only ridiculous, but completely untrue. One story was that a woman was on LSD and thought her infant was a turkey so she baked it in the oven. Now I look back and think thats hilarious, but at the time I guess it scared me.

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: clover606]
    #7366145 - 09/03/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, alcohol+thc=discombobulation! This combo tends to make one feel extremely drunk(not thc stoned) without the positive side effects. In moderation it's okay, but once you hit a certain point, prepare for the spins and general anguish.
93 93/93

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7366163 - 09/03/07 11:01 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You are special.

Mushrooms are something you should try at a low dose some day.

Given your rections to MJ id start with .75-1 gram actually.

You are not weak, you are special.

Anyone who would call you weak doesnt know the half of it.

Take it slow, you brain doesnt like to relax auto-pilot. It gets pretty nutty sometimes.
2.5 bowls of weed and 4 beers does that to many others too.

Mushrooms may teach you a thing or two about how and why you are different.
They may hand you your ass, but it wont hurt you the first time in any way. Your first time could even be your last time. Who knows.

I am different, but those sort of reactions came toward the end of what I would call a psychedelic career.

Start low. one gram max, seriously. Smoke a small amount of weed with it during the comedown, or dont.

Just dont smoke weed before the trip or before the peak is over.

You will have a hell of a time though. I know this because you know anxiety.
Just believe that its not going to happen. You have almost no reason to believe that it should.

Id recommend a small dose of lsd actually.

You are safe and once you try a psychedelic you will know if it works well with your own brain.

Just avoid alcohol and weed. Weed could be used in small doses after the peak as you see fit. Just to prolong the experience.

Once you try one gram you will know how you want to use mushrooms, if at all.

My only other advise is to try them one time. Find a way.

In your case, be with a good friend who knows why you want them to be around.
Im not saying you need a trip sitter. That person can provide you much comfort in the case of a non-emergency.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (09/03/07 11:05 PM)

InvisibleAshKestrel
Stranger
Female

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: yageman]
    #7366215 - 09/03/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You definitely are not weak. I have learned the hard way not to drink and smoke weed together, unless I am by myself. I used to hallucinate just from smoking marijunana!
I agree with yageman, trying shrooms is worth the experience, but for sure don't eat more than 1 gram. I have had anxiety for 7 years so I can relate to your experience, so don't feel bad. You are not alone, and certainly not weak, just more sensitive than the average individual. :smile:

And if you do decide to trip, pack for it with positive thoughts, a good safe, supportive environment, and things you know lift your mood!

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: AshKestrel]
    #7366241 - 09/03/07 11:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I only mix my drinking in smoking to a 4:1 ratio, weed being the 4 and alcohol being the one. Maybe 3:1 sometimes, I like the alcohol complementing the bud not the bud complementing the alcohol.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger
Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7366704 - 09/04/07 03:35 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

people who relate ANY one drug to another as in "i dont take _____ well shoudl i take _____ ?" need to realise that there are people out there who hate and love all types of mixtures of drugs:

example 1: friend who FREAKS out on anything more than three puffs of weed, LOVES shrooms and hates acid

example 2: friend who LOVES acid, weed makes her SUPER paranoid, not too keen on shrooms.

example 3: loves acid, enjoys shrooms but can get messy, loves weed for teh most part. (one super bad weed experience)

exapmle 3: HATED shrooms: loves them now. loves acid and weed but doesn't do too much weed as it makes him anxious.

I could go on.....

If you love or hate one drug it has no bearing IMO on another. yes there are people who HATE all teh drugs tehy try and some who LOVE anythign mind or mood altering. but IMO those peopel are in teh minority. most people have a straneg mix of lieks and dislikes.

And if youhave ONE bad drug experience shoudn't put you off teh drug forever unless youKNOW 9hence its inevitable) that you'll haveteh experience again.

With stuff liek weed and many psychedelics its yoru head that takes teh directions it takes and chooses whats good and bad. there are some people who in teh same situation would nejoyteh insanity of it all and soem who would hate it.

Shrooms are not liek weed IMO. nothign liek it. And so IMO it dozn't say anthign abotu whether you're "too weak" for them or not. ALWASY start on a low dose and REMEBER its ALL abtouteh mind set and teh setting. everythign that ou experience is fomr yoru own head and hence KNOW you have control over it. A little different form weed because when you forget things you REALLY do forget them.

Besides. shrooms are beautiful! (Although peopel do have bad trips on tehm also)
:smile:

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: redpoppy]
    #7368441 - 09/04/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I will practice moderation, that should do the trick.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #7368452 - 09/04/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I smoke and drink at the same time fairly often these days, though I generally prefer the weed by itself. It's a weird combination; it seems like you very rarely end up feeling drunk AND high, but one or the other (though the rare occurrence of both at once can be totally awesome). The first couple times I did it I almost puked, though.

Just because you had a rough time with a weed+beer combination doesn't mean you're too "weak" for anything. I assure you, being drunk and high at the same time can be rather disarming, and it's nothing remotely similar to the mushroom trip. Just be sure that your set and setting are happy and all clear and you should be fine.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (09/04/07 07:14 PM)

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7368470 - 09/04/07 07:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, my girlfriend said that I was acting quiet and speaking normally, just sitting.

Edited by phaust (09/04/07 07:18 PM)

Offlinemike689
Male User Gallery

#7368513 - 09/04/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Weed used to get me very paranoid and fucked up when i first started smoking, now im a casual every day or so smoker and its just a high feeling. I can handle anything well i'm smoking now, i ever work at an ice cream store often pretty blazed :rasta: With time comes tolerance and experience, its a good thing.

And as for mushrooms, they are completely different from weed and you wont know hoe you will react to them until you take them. I can assure you that if you make a plan of what you want your trip to be, let everyone know cause changed is plans/environment well you are tripping can be pretty intense. Last trip i had was just me and my friend and a bunch of our friends showed up at his house and he got nervous and lost control, and had a 5 minute memory span, he couldn't remember his name where he live where he was or if he even had pants on. It was nuts, he wasn't having a bad time or anything he was just constantly trying to remeber things and thinking out loud to a room full of sober people (minus me haha) He took about 4 grams though.

All i can say is give your self a comfortable environment and youll have a great time.

--------------------

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
    #7368515 - 09/04/07 07:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

As usual, yageman comes through with some great advice, and i completely agree. Although i would say maybe a slightly higher dose would be in order for the first time (1.5-2g??). However, i'm kinda biased because the first time i tried any hallucinogen i ate an eighth of liberty caps and tripped out of my mind for about 8 hours, had a horrible an extremely tough trip, but learned more in those eight hours than i had in the past 18 years of my existance. I'm now an avid psychonaut and have not turned back since. As for weed + liquor i personally love the combo and while i indulge in weed on its own, i usually smoke bud when i drink because i simply love the feeling and have never had a bad experience with combining the two. Thats just my opinion

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: opensaysme]
    #7368678 - 09/04/07 08:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

it is such a rare occurrence for me to drink...but when i do i HAVE to smoke bud with it...i absolutely love the buzz..

its a little dangerous to get used to if you don't enjoy throwing up, but i was lucky and never did..now i am very used to the feeling..

there is some GREAT advice in this thread...you are definitely a special case...i wish bud would do THAT to me...

id say the 1 gram or less advice is perfect...you will be fine!

good luck and enjoy...hopefully mushrooms help you understand and appreciate your sensitivity!

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlinedk-1

#26469508 - 02/05/20 12:25 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phaust said:
Interesting note - I felt the worst while the end of Fantastic Four was playing, where the most mayhem and destruction occured, yet when a comedy came on my mood was slightly lifted.

i've read that alcohol can increase the amount of thc your body absorbs from weed. i definitely always do feel more fucked up if i smoke after drinking, so it could have been that too. in saying that though, weed isn't right for everyone and i've had to stop smoking recently because it causes too much anxiety and laziness.

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I too weak for shrooms? - An experience [Re: dk-1]
    #26469521 - 02/05/20 12:36 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is 12 years old. These people aren't even here anymore.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom