Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
Oak Ridge?
    #7365025 - 09/03/07 07:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok I sent some prints to free spore ring and asked for a cambodian in return.

Instead they sen me one huge India Orissa print (i've already got 100s) and one tiny litte Oak Ridge print.

Hmm, ok this could be interesting.

So I do some searching and find this:

http://www.fsre.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=240&Itemid=1

Lol, my print even had the same handwriting as the lil sticker in the picture.

Anyway, are these OK? I've never heard of them and they are new and grown in some radioactive sight :O

I don't want to be growing some crazy toxic shroom!

Anyone else had experience with these, are they just generally the same as any cube? Any differences?

Or is this just a cube been renamed to look more fancy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: retrospect]
    #7365124 - 09/03/07 07:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

from the little description, it said the bombs were built there, not tested there.
i doubt theres much residual radiation going on.

btw, theres more radiation coming from your computer and the rocks around you than is likely to have existed in that original mushroom. and from that, theres no way for the radiation to 'transfer' to the spores and into future grows. while the spores might have some residual radiation...it isnt a virus, its just radiation. it causes mutations in the genes, which can last for generations, it doesnt 'transmit' itself like a virus or bacteria. worst possible scenario? the spores have been irradiated and wont be viable.

--------------------

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: dysphoria]
    #7365243 - 09/03/07 08:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed. Radiation (if any) might cause a mutation, but it isn't carried in the spores. The mutation would be, though.

In other words- eat up.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: Dr_T]
    #7365268 - 09/03/07 08:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm the one that found those and sent them in :smile:

the spores are very viable, those spores were sent in from a 1st generation indoor grow. (this strain is still being worked on with agar/current grows)

I am very very happy you have them, they pin prolifically and mature nicely. I now have second generation prints I am sending to FSRE.
The Oak Ridge strain has no residual radiation, however where found, there were some mutated specimens. The soil was tested for mercury that was near the find, no trace amounts. As far as nuclear irradiation, no way jose.

I can assure you, that you'll love that grow!

and so you will know, the wild find was a subcubensis, they are extremely potent, they have long yellow stems, and large bright orange caps. the ones in the picture on FSRE had sporulated on themselves.

please keep us posted as far as I know you're one of the first here to recieve these spores, other then amos, and myself, and i snt blutjager some.

these grow in normal cube parameters, but realllly like a bit more FAE then normal. quite a bit more. They make up for size in quantity. however, when using multispore, there are large ones that sprout out.

please keep me in mind when you grow them, and private message me here or post a log, or find me in #cultivation  irc.shroomery.org

Edited by jeetered (09/03/07 08:48 PM)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: jeetered]
    #7365285 - 09/03/07 08:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oak Ridge (1st generation) PDF Print E-mail
Question FSRE:
Dear jeetered, what can you tell me about the Oak Ridge strain?

Answer jeetered:
I found the wild specimen of Oak Ridge, took the print in the field. And sent the print to Amos.
He's grown it out, and sent you prints, as where he is, that's a legal thing to do.

I found this strain growing wild, 5 miles west of Y12 nuclear weapons complex, in Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830 USA, growing gregariously and singular in equine dung and surrounding enriched soils. Oak Ridge, TN 37830 USA, is where the atom bombs were built that "ended" world war II. "the secret city"

Here is some history on this city:
http://smithdray.angeltowns.net/or/sch.htm

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
    #7365346 - 09/03/07 09:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The Oak Ridge Boys

Oak Ridge has been known to produce some mutants. :wink:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7365350 - 09/03/07 09:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:
I'm the one that found those and sent them in :smile:

If you have extras, PM me- I'd like to trade. Thanks!

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: Dr_T]
    #7365918 - 09/03/07 11:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

cheers jeetered. makes me all the more keen!

wow im one of the very few who have this strain? lucky me! im in australia too

heres how my oak ridge is going so far.

horse poo spawn - gunna case this when its fully collonised:

and just a brf cake - i always make a cake with new spores, u know as a back up

so the 1st gen is a subcubensis? :O does this mean theyll be doubly as potent or half more as potent? whats comparable to an eighth of cubes

Edited by retrospect (09/03/07 11:42 PM)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7366047 - 09/04/07 12:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

your casing looks great!

here is what the kind of luck i've been having with it going Invitro, it's starting to show it's outdoor qualities remember, this is a sub cubensis..

please redonate to fsre if you have a chance.

anyone wanting Oak Ridge sub cube prints, please email me at jeetered@hush.ai, i'll be taking SEVERAL prints next week.

keep me posted brother..

im very glad they made it across the pond!!!!!

that makes me happy..

Oak Ridge was my home town for 29 years. My grandfather machined the firing mechanisms for both "Little Boy" and "fat man"...

see, the manhattan project took place in oak ridge, tn not manhattan.

Edited by jeetered (09/04/07 01:14 AM)

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: Premedman1]
    #7366057 - 09/04/07 12:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Premedman1 said:

The Oak Ridge Boys

Oak Ridge has been known to produce some mutants. :wink:

The Oak Ridge boys are from Alabama..

and ironically, half the members of "Alabama" are from Oak Ridge.

i shit you not.

Offlineretrospect
    #7366091 - 09/04/07 12:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

sweet

ill defo be redonating spores

cant wait till i see it fruiting

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #7366113 - 09/04/07 12:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I too received oak ridge spores from the free spore ring. i used the print to start two LCs, one using karo syrup and the other using honey. The honey LC seemed to respond faster, and have a thicker, healthier looking colonization. I transferred a pint of fully colonized jars of WBS (which went from LC to full colonization in about a week at 82 degrees F) to some horse poo outdoor. There were signs of small mushroom life, but then it was overtaken by bird's nest and never recovered. Overall i would have to say that it was a fairly vigorous strain that seemed to do best with honey and birdseed. I guess just be careful about contams..

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #7366156 - 09/04/07 12:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ts727 said:
I too received oak ridge spores from the free spore ring. i used the print to start two LCs, one using karo syrup and the other using honey. The honey LC seemed to respond faster, and have a thicker, healthier looking colonization. I transferred a pint of fully colonized jars of WBS (which went from LC to full colonization in about a week at 82 degrees F) to some horse poo outdoor. There were signs of small mushroom life, but then it was overtaken by bird's nest and never recovered. Overall i would have to say that it was a fairly vigorous strain that seemed to do best with honey and birdseed. I guess just be careful about contams..

I seriously doubt it's the quality of the strain that caused it to fail outdoors, outdoor beds are iffy anyhow..

i took from outdoors, to indoors, if you have some LC left try it indoors, I have some wild spores left, that would probably be best for your outdoor adventures, if you'd be interested in trying again, with a spore print with outdoor genetics so to speak.

I found it very fast to colonize, however it was more tomentose indoors then the rhizo found outdoors, im working on working that out on agar however, via sectoring, etc..

please give it another try and don't right it off..

I sent the first gen prints out hoping someone would help me get it tamed lolz... im so lazy, i don't know that i can do it alone, im working on it, but it's slow going.

I'm searching for that perfect pin to clone. Then i'll spore it out, clone a fruit from that spore gen, etc, etc..

anyhow..

GOod luck guys keep me posted.

I have a few i promised out, that I thought I sent, so if you're expecting them, they are in bluebox today (laborday) so they'll be arriving within the week. I am unorganized sometimes and send some things thinking some things are in that stack of mail, and they aren't they are still in my outbox on top of the fridge...(my old toaster box)

take care and good luck!

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7366257 - 09/04/07 01:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

so the 1st gen is a subcubensis? :O does this mean theyll be doubly as potent or half more as potent? whats comparable to an eighth of cubes?

considering mulstipore is involved here it's variable, but, either way, most of us are having a great time on 1.5 dry grams.

I prefer to consume them wet, and I only eat 15 grams wet. I tried 34 wet and it was way too intense.

It's probably just a bit more potent, up to half as much so.
A good clone would tame that.. and then i'd guess 1.5 times as.

either way, they are nice. I'd say pretty close to a bit stronger then a good PE grow.

I would consider 1.5-2.0 grams comparable to 3.5-4 grams (dry of course) of any standard true cubensis.

just remember when you request from FSRE, eric and ingrid are the only ones running that, and ingrid has had a SERIOUS acl injury. SHe's still not recovered and doing more surgery.

Their sporebank relies on our donations, and they send what they can, you'll notice a lot of strains crossed out, because no one is sending those strains in.

my latest communication with Eric:

from FSREric <eric@fsre.nl> 4:43 pm (8 hours ago)
to Jeet red <jeetered@gmail.com>
date Sep 1, 2007 4:43 PM
subject Re: oak ridge prints
we received them, just not updated the site, etc.

Thanks for the new donation :smile:
If we can do something for you just let me know.

Peace
Eric

Quote:

Or is this just a cube been renamed to look more fancy?

I can assure you I have no reason to do that, that would be shaming myself, and taking advantage of eric and ingrid, you not knowing, i can forgive that statement, but otherwise i'd find that very very offensive. The day I found those, was a very special day for me, and I knew right away that if I took a print, I could actually contribute to a huge community and spread a piece of my hometown around, and apparently It's made it to AUSTRALIA!!! and i am very very humbled by that.

My goal is to keep this a donated strain, and never commercial. I give absolutely no permission if it matters, to be sold by vendors. It's free for all.

peace folx.

Edited by jeetered (09/04/07 01:55 AM)

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
    #7366536 - 09/04/07 03:58 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In Spain there are several prints around. I have the first one sent over here but haven´t started yet.

I ´ll give a try as soon as I can.

Offlineretrospect
Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: javtfs]
    #7366677 - 09/04/07 05:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

whoa jeetered

as soon as you posted i knew right away it wasnt a renamed cube.

ive just heard stories with things like syzygy, i was very unaware.

i too would be offended if i was you, but i take that statement very far back now i know

i can actually get an idea of how you feel, i plan to send lots of spores back to the ring, give some to friends too

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#7366752 - 09/04/07 07:29 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:

I don't want to be growing some crazy toxic shroom!

:hehehe:

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7367016 - 09/04/07 11:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Blutjager yours was amongst the stack of mail going out tomorrow sorry bro, i thought I had it sent already.

SHROOOOOOOMZ

oh and retrospect like i said, i understood where u were coming from, so im not offended, you don't have to worry about that.

but i would NEVER EVER rename a cube, it's too easy to detect.

I have a very very large syzygy grow going, it's not a cube/azure hybrid, but it is an isolate from terrance mckenna that is uber potent.

they are pretty too!!! very squat, very large caps, and the tale tale white ring around the cap that suggests cyanescen.

:P

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7367024 - 09/04/07 11:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If you guys see this strain end up on a vendor list for sell please make me aware of it, as i'll be looking into a way to legally make it to where they can't be sold, and remain a free donated spore sample.

Apparently this community and FSRE would probably back me up if i got into it with a vendor.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Oak Ridge? [Re: javtfs]
    #7367030 - 09/04/07 11:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

javtfs said:
In Spain there are several prints around. I have the first one sent over here but haven´t started yet.

I ´ll give a try as soon as I can.

Spain, China, and Australia SWEEET!!!

there's a few in the states now too. other then myself.
EVERYONE keep me posted on your grows if you can!

now, remember, u can try this grow out anyway you can, but,
the genetics are getting used to invitro style grows, such as poobags, and monotubs, they do very well on standard casings also. I'm finding best results on manure, but cased rye grains/wbs work also, the BRF tek cakes are very very meaty, but the size is lacking.

Edited by jeetered (09/04/07 01:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies