Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejoef5
Tongue tied andtwisted Just anearth boundmisfit
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: LucidDream]
    #7360641 - 09/02/07 01:31 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LucidDream said:
Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

trendal said:
I walk away, knowing that it takes two to fight :wink:

:lol:  Thats a great saying, but has no meaning in real life.  How many times has a person run away only to get chased down and beaten/killed?

Most people won't push the point. 9 times out of 10, you can walk away. That tenth time, you have to be ready to thrash them efficiently. Most fights I've seen happen when one person won't shrug off the insult and insists on matching the hostility. I've walked away from angry people with pipes, rocks, knives and baseball bats. It's pretty easy really. And fighting is too much like work.

Where are you from? I've only turned my back to one person with a bat and he fractured my skull and broke every rib on the right side of my body. For buying his gf a drink, I didn't know she was there with anyone and I tried to apologise, then I tried to walk away. Fuck that never again! If I feel hostel intent I'll drop you before you get the chance to hurt me.

joe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLucidDream
Hungry BlueFiend
 User Gallery

Loc: Planet of the Stupid Peop...
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: joef5]
    #7360660 - 09/02/07 01:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Like I said, there's always that tenth time. You have to know when you can walk away, and when they're going to jump you no matter what. Most fights are easy to avoid.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: LucidDream]
    #7360662 - 09/02/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I think there is some miscommunication if this is about high-school type 'fights' or real life and death situations.  I read hostile confrontations to mean getting violently robbed, raped or a target of hate, etc.

I have never encountered a confrontation (outside of highschool fights) where there is talking, and yelling and showboating.  There is no opportunity to run away.  You are doing your own thing, and bam a car full of people pull up or somebody jumps out at you.  There is no talking involved except for threats or cussing.  Those are the kinds of confrontations I am referring to.

Depending on where you live this can be a real threat and occurance you have to take into account when going out.  Fortunately I can count the number of times this happened to me on one hand.

EDIT- I re-read he says drunk guys want to fight, which isnt really life and death. I guess I read into the post wrong.  If it some drunk guy that wants to fight, I would  just leave.  I wouldnt even brandish my piece.  I guess that has never happened to me because I hate being around drunk people :lol:

Edited by Qubit (09/02/07 01:49 AM)

OfflineNasrudin
Stranger
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: DieCommie]
    #7360703 - 09/02/07 02:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Calmly explain to them nonviolence and right action? :shrug:

I've never been in a fight, or even really been close.  But I'm only 18 and wasn't stupid enough to involve myself in the usual high school bullshit.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: Meat_hod]
    #7360774 - 09/02/07 02:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

What is your favorite method for handling hostile confrontations?

Call my lawyer...?  :shrug:

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7360823 - 09/02/07 03:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

When i was a teenager i was a small guy that looked youngish for my age and i got hassled 2 or 3 times out and about.

In one situation a mate and I were walking along in a bad part of town, these other two guys were walking towards us, looking dodgy...

I walked straight past them but my stupid mate locked eye contact and stopped when they asked "You got a cigarette?" ... Idiot.

Anyway they pulled a knife on him and so i was 10m down the road, was faced with going back and getting robbed or leaving my mate, so i turned around and walked back calmly, showed them my empty wallet and said "Nah mate i'm skint" as if i get robbed every other day and they were content. My mate got his wallet taken because he was trembling and acting like a general push over.

Another time i was on my own and a group of about 10 - 12 guys about a year or two younger than me at the time hanging around. As i walked past three of them grabbed me and tried to push me into an alleyway. It was like 4pm on Sunday arvo so i started shouting "FUCK OFF GET THE FUCK OFF ME ... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO ROB ME? FUCK OFF" etc. etc (trying to make a scene) and started going ballistic. They were saying "You don't know who the fuck you're dealing with, give us your wallet" etc.

So anyway after about 20 seconds of struggling i got free of two of them and there was one guy holding me by my belt. He let go of my belt to have a go at me with his fist, at which stage i copped one on the chin and pissed off running. I told a group of cops standing down the road, they didn't give a shit.

Another time i was on a train on my own in an empty carriage. Two big guys sat down right next to me, cornered me in and tried to talk to me. I was looking back at them like "WTF are you doing?" and they started trying to pick a fight, hyping themselves up and trying to start something. I got up, grabbed my bag and walked straight over the back of the seat and walked away. They didn't follow.

None of these were really life threatening, more teenage posturing and pissing around. These days i cultivate a mean enough appearance and attitude i don't get messed around with. If you act like you own the street your walking on and you ignore people asking for money you're fine.

It's when you try to be friendly or talk your way out of obvious aggression that you're basically running up the white flag and asking to be hit.

When they're shouting and trying to insult you they're just hyping themselves up for a fight. Most fights go up in stages... shouting, getting up in your face, shoving, fighting. If they're at the shouting stage you need to either stay calm and not meet their level of aggression or you need to skip a level and smash them straight in the mouth. Don't let yourself follow their script.

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Offlinerubixcubies
porch monkey ferlyfe
Male User Gallery

Loc: ottawa on
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: undergrounder] * 1
    #7360947 - 09/02/07 06:29 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

basic tip here dont pull a weapon your not ready to use on a person.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7361157 - 09/02/07 09:08 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well weasel out of it ofcourse. Pride means nothing if it has a good chance of landing you in the hospital or nextdoor to it.

If talk won't help, a good side-of-the-boot kick to the knee to keep him from coming after you and then getting the fuck out of there.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblefearfect

Loc: Flag
    #7361200 - 09/02/07 09:31 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

practice looking crazy in the mirror. get two knife fighting knives and keep them on you at all times and constantly practice drawing them and opening both at the same time. when the time comes, you will probably scare the hell out of the attacker, and if not, you have two knives.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: fearfect]
    #7361270 - 09/02/07 10:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

heres the story of when i was almost killed by a huge cracked out black guy...its not an easy story to tell so bear with me.

This kid wanted to buy some drugs, i told him i knew a place but it was shady because it was in the middle of irvington(very bad place to be 2 in the morning if you are white)... he really wanted it so we went for the ride. we get there and give the money to this huge cracked out black dude. the dude tells us to leave but the driver refuses without his drugs... so the black dude comes to his side of the car and the dumbass driver opens his window... the crack head pulls the keys out of the ignition and throws them!!! So the crack head starts beating the living shit out of the driver. the driver was already so fucked up he didn't even put his hands up to stop the punches from going into his face. then the guy came to my side and started wailing on me! the dude walks away for a minute and we try to escape. luckily the car key stayed in the ignition but now the car wont start! the crack head comes back and wails on the driver again. we didn't know what to do, should we abandon the car and run? but then what were we going to do? the crack head comes back AGAIN and says hes going to get his gun, and if we are still there we are dead.the other black people who were there tried to tell the guy to stop, and begged us to leave before it got worse. finally i think to press on the gas while starting the car and it works, and we leave very quickly...

the driver had to go to the hospital to get stitches, he looked like the elephant man because of how fucked up his face was. there was blood EVERYWHERE in the car. it seriously looked like a murder scene. luckily for me, i only had huge bruises on my chest and arms. but this was the scariest moment of my life. if you have seen videos of huge cracked out black dudes, you should understand how severe the situation was. theres no doubt in my mind that the guy would have killed us

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: danlennon3]
    #7361301 - 09/02/07 10:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"if you have seen videos of huge cracked out black dudes, you should understand how severe the situation was."

sorry about what happened, but thats a funny quote.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7361329 - 09/02/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

get two knife fighting knives and keep them on you at all times and constantly practice drawing them and opening both at the same time. when the time comes, you will probably scare the hell out of the attacker, and if not, you have two knives.

In a knife vs knife fight, usually both the loser and the winner end up being stabbed multiple times. Two knives are useless against a gun, and a typical unarmed thug is best dispatched in unarmed combat.
You may have less of an edge than you think. In a gunless fight I'd rather pull a three-foot length of garden hose from my sleeve than a knife.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: Asante]
    #7361360 - 09/02/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblefearfect

#7361384 - 09/02/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

do you know how to use a knife or are you going on the movies you've seen where the people wielding the knives use them more like they're in a dildo slapping contest?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7361401 - 09/02/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

do you know how to use a knife or are you going on the movies you've seen where the people wielding the knives use them more like they're in a dildo slapping contest?

I know how to use a knife. Like, not leading with it, proper stance etcetera. Unless you deliver an instantly lethal stab (like into the heart) your opponent has a good chance of sticking his knife in you once or several times.

A real life knife fight is nothing like the movies. People usually think they've been punched until they see the blood. Many people were under the impression they were in a fistfight until it dawns on them they've been stabbed.

A stab to the heart or slashing the throat.. If you are willing to do that you might as well get a gun and be lethal across distance as well.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblefearfect

#7361454 - 09/02/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

in a street fight where you are being attacked, which is where you would(should) ever possibly use a weapon, a knife can be quite effective in warding people off (as in upsizing their will to fight). This is of course subject to a call of judgment.  of course, if you are taking me and this thread as seriously as you usually do, a weapon is almost always a bad thing to bring in to a fight.  i got these several years ago from my ex-girlfriend's psycho ex-boyfriend who was sleeping outside her apartment door.

any way, cheers.  i'm gonna go get this labor day weekend started if you know what i mean :wink: :wink:

Invisibleparadox_
Life as Shaun
 User Gallery

Loc: BC
    #7361475 - 09/02/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Carry around a syringe full of aids infected blood. Nobody wants aids.

Usually ignoring them works. Though where I live we hardly ever get into serious situations that are even remotely life threatening. Some guy tried to mug me with an empty bottle before but he could barely stand and I doubt he could have ran more than 10 feet before falling flat on his face.

Actually that reminds me this one time at a party some guy was getting all riled up and he went to break a bottle on a table. He broke it, but the entire bottom from the neck down just sort of fell off onto the floor and didn't even shatter. He was left with a 3 inch piece of bottle neck and was still standing there acting like he was the shit.

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: paradox_]
    #7361485 - 09/02/07 11:35 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

My mouth gets me in trouble. Even if the guy is bigger than me and can obviously beat my ass, I won't stand pricks talking shit to me. I don't look for fights, but plenty of other people do. I need to start carrying a weapon.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: Dreamer987]
    #7361488 - 09/02/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dreamer987 said:
"if you have seen videos of huge cracked out black dudes, you should understand how severe the situation was."

sorry about what happened, but thats a funny quote.

yea, it was the best way to explain explain the situation :smirk: It was a scary experience, but i learned a very important lesson... don't be white at 2am in the hood!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Your methods for handling hostile confrontations... [Re: danlennon3]
    #7361544 - 09/02/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This video is all any of you need to protect yourself on the street. It's funny too.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag