Home | Community | Message Board

DoubleBlind - Learn to Grow Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

IS Durapore 3m tape the same as Micropore tape?
    #7357504 - 09/01/07 12:43 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I have some Durapore 3M tape and i got it out of a first aid kit, and i dont know if its the same as micropore tape.

I would like to know if this tape traps mold spores and cantams, cause im might cut holes in my fc and put this their for constant FAE. would it work

--------------------
Every thing that is posted by me on this fourm is not what i did doing or going to do, i have no intentions of doing anything illegal.

August 23, 2007

This is all for a fiction book i am writing, i would like it to seem as real as possible

I Hate breaking the law and never would attemp to, so why am i here to learn not to do. So dont come watching my house cause your wasting your money when you can go and watch some mob boss or something.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecalicyco

Re: IS Durapore 3m tape the same as Micropore tape? [Re: boundeagle]
    #7357545 - 09/01/07 12:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

There is both hydrophilic and hydrophobic Durapore available, I'm guessing since its from a first aid kit that it is hydrophobic to keep water from a wound. It will allow air exchange. It's probably a bit too gnarly for a fruiting chamber, I mean you are opening the thing all the time. But yes, Durapore will allow air exchange without forcing air through it. Thats about all I know on it, never used it before.

Edit: And yes, it has pores on the micrometer scale.

Edited by calicyco (09/01/07 01:02 AM)

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: IS Durapore 3m tape the same as Micropore tape? [Re: calicyco]
    #7357551 - 09/01/07 01:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

you don't need to filter air in the fruiting chamber, more air = your best chance against contam in their.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

Re: IS Durapore 3m tape the same as Micropore tape? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7358843 - 09/01/07 02:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well i thought to filter the air no mold spores that are airborn will float in there.

--------------------
Every thing that is posted by me on this fourm is not what i did doing or going to do, i have no intentions of doing anything illegal.

August 23, 2007

This is all for a fiction book i am writing, i would like it to seem as real as possible

I Hate breaking the law and never would attemp to, so why am i here to learn not to do. So dont come watching my house cause your wasting your money when you can go and watch some mob boss or something.

Invisiblecalicyco

Re: IS Durapore 3m tape the same as Micropore tape? [Re: boundeagle]
    #7358955 - 09/01/07 03:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What about when you open the fruiting chamber? A great many mold spores will float in then. Don't worry, by the time you are fruiting mycelium is highly resistant to contamination. I suppose the tape might keep humidity up in the chamber as opposed to just open holes, it surely can't hurt. So if it makes you feel better, just go ahead and use it, and hope you don't need it for first aid! :-)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation