Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattyluv
Stranger

midnight trippin in the dark music.
    #7354362 - 08/30/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, so this is a trip report of a somewhat unorthodox shroom experience.

Strain: taz or pink buffalo, not sure.
Ate: a little less than 1/8th...

Okay so I was doing some casing late one night and figured I'd eat the biggest mushroom from my stash, it weighed a little less than an 1/8, also if someone can tell me what strain it was out of the two listed above based on the characteristics of this trip it's be very much appreciated for future reference.

well, eating this big shroom was probably not a good idea since I was waaaaaay tired from a series of long work days...it was like midnight.

I also am not someone who just eats willy-nilly, whereas I usually prepare for a trip in all the usual ways, I got respect for the animal that shrooms can very much be... but I guess I figured that I was tired and maybe that would keep a full blown trip at bay. Anyway I measured the bag this shroom was in and their was 7 grams prior to eating it, and their was 4 grams after, so it was definitely enough...

So here's what happened, if you look at erowid it has that little graph to show the progress of a usual trip, well it was exactly like that, I started peaking at about an hour... lasted about 6.

At an hour it got super visual, everything was melting, spinning, really nice, good happy buzz, nothing too intense in terms of anxiety, the only anxiety caused during the trip was me worried about not getting to bed until 6 in the morning.

So Everything is melting and going crazy and I'm trying not to wake my wife, and so I figured well I'll try to fall asleep on the couch.. but I couldn't, I would close my eyes, the lights were off, their was very little stimuli. This caused very vivid intense closed eye visuals, very mush like old psych rock posters, lots of straight lines and waves, outer spacey stuff coming from all sorts of perspectives, mad colors, and they morphed into little dots with faces as they got closer, and then they would laugh at me for not being able to get to sleep, it was like the trip was an annoying brother, i heard music, it was like shitty techno/party music but it was unique in that it was like I was able to control where it came from and I was able to hear in surround sound, I could fade from one ear to the other, and I started to slowly be able to control the music... I should repeat that this was very vivid, the lack of stimuli was probably what made this possible, anyway... SO these little blue algae dots are laughing at me and I'm talkign to them like "I know what your doing, here comes another body wave, okay there it goes. Now let me get to bed you guys.".. you guys being millions of green and blue faces coming at me in fractal patterns... I would open my eyes for a while, everything out the window (the only light source) was just melting to the ground...

So after about an hour and a half It cools down a little bit, albeit with some intense body waves coming at me,

I crawl into bed about two hours into the trip and just lay there and the dark room turns into a void of placeless rainbows and dots flying around, It was dark but my eyes were open, so I was looking at actual space but it was filled with crazy psychedelic collages and patters, I was like in the final scene of 2001. I thought I was floating

Then I closed my eyes and in a state of half sleep, I started to make music. it was amazing, I play guitar and synth and effects and stuff (i kinda always got a tune in my head of some kind) so I was pulling out all these sounds of instruments familiar and unfamiliar and it was like I was composing an amazing symphony, I remember the music very clearly, it sounded like a mix of dub reggae, mixed with AIR or black moth super rainbow. Tons of echo and a lot of spacey synth melodies, It was swirling around me and I was the conductor, it was great. Surround sound at my control, I was blowing my mind with the music I was thinking up, if only I could control the insturments I play like I did in my head,,,
AS I started to fall into a state of concentration, I started to travel a world inhabited by these ostrich human type things, they looked like muppets, all long black leg and a big bush of fur for a head with monkey/humanoid faces. I was in a world where they were sharing many gifts and passing fruit and it was PEACEFUL... a sense of intense peace fell over my whole body. they kinda lived on icebergs but soon I traveled to a land where a desert tribe was making music much in the vain of the stuff I was hearing/making earlier, we started jamming together and the music got very rhythmic, (watch John Marchall's documentary about the Dobe !Kung, they do a harvest/hunt/blessing kinda dance for hours all night until they are in a screaming trance, it's very intense). The music was like tribal drumming, with indian drone music mixed with eastern or Asian traditional guitar, lines that were very epic (not like I'm some musicologist or something.)

The second the trip started to wane (but was far from over) I got that happy, 'light at the end of the tunnel better enjoy it while it lasts' feeling when you know nothing can go bad with the trip...

I was having crazy colorful closed eye visuals still, and I realized by 5am that I was still very awake, so I wasn't dreaming as much as I thought, thus I can chalk it up to the strain, and the darkness, not being asleep or anything like that.. Thus it an experience that can be reapeated wiht the given conditions... maybe next tme I'll bring a guitar..

I woke up feeling fucking great, like I learned something about myself...

Definitely a great way to trip...

If I was walking around during the day this would have been an incredibly visual trip first and foremost, flat out rainbows and psychedelic effectsa lmost cliche'd, can any readers help identify this to be tasmanian or pink buffalo? I grew a few strains and only a few jars of each survived so my notes kinda got jumbled in clearing out the incubator..

Anyway I highly recommend tripping in the dark, it really takes a lot of what people expect in a trip a turns it on it's head. There was no walk in the park looking at stuff, no fucked up conversations with friends who talk too much, no trip toys or setting up the right playlist. It was just my brain and it was just as vivid.
it very much helps to dig through what might be hiding in your head. Of course, to each is own.

Thanks for reading.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male

Re: midnight trippin in the dark music. [Re: mattyluv]
    #7354497 - 08/31/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Depleting your self from sensory stimulation is a completely different trip of its own. This is what i do often when i trip alone. Falling a sleep on mush is impossible in my opinion, so i never try otherwise id just make it bad for my self.

As for strain of mushrooms you cant identify them by the experience. All psilocybe mushrooms produce same effect, its just different experience. Pictures and description of mushroom it self is the only way to find out what strain it is unless you have access to some crazy DNA indetifier thinger! :tongue:

Anyways sounds like some fun trip!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix