Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: New season of "Real Time With Bill Maher" [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #7348505 - 08/29/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The show is great but it was better on ABC. The panel shrank from four to three and two of the three are usually liberals so the creative tension is often missing. Any conservative is usually intimidated by being outnumbered three to one. Most people would be.

I think they should also do fewer satellite interviews and have a skit or something instead. The set could use some changes as well.

But I LOVE New Rules- my favorite part of the show. :smile:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (08/29/07 02:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: New season of "Real Time With Bill Maher" [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #7349066 - 08/29/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
Quote:

kotik said:
i have to admit, his show has been going downhill for the past 2 seasons..

i have to agree. he used to be really funny in a cynical sarcastic sort of way. he also proposed a different view of things and asked some good questions/made some good points. he kind of sucks now though.

it's just a bunch of tired old rhetoric that just really isn't very funny anymore. all his material has been done to death, and seems like he's just regurgitating a bunch of old bullshit. what's worse is that he doesn't offer anything new to the politics he talks about. it's basically just him picking on bush for an hour which doesn't even need to be done anymore cuz everyone already knows what a fuck up bush is. his panel usually pisses me off too. sure he has some good guests sometimes, but he also has a bunch of stupid celebrities who have no idea what they're talking about. the crowd worships bill maher so much that they laugh at whatever he does (like on the daily show) and they are so set in their beliefs that they don't listen to opposing opinions at all. they just cheer whatever liberal backwash someone spews out. it's sad what it has become, but it's really just a bunch of preaching to the choir or maybe i should say demographic.

his show was awesome some years back, and it was top notch whenever he was doing politically incorrect, but i can't watch it anymore, even though i agree with a lot of what is said. i think once shows that pandered to dissenting americans who were fed up with politics as usual as well as mainstream media shows, stopped being a novel idea and started being an industry staple is when they all went down hill. i think it changed the creative process whenever people realized how much money could be made.

QFT, at least new rules is still usually great. But even then....

The Big Screen >> New rules

HBO really needs to relase Dennis Miller Live on DVD

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale