Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: zorbman]
    #7347484 - 08/29/07 07:55 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

all i an saying is, show me that he voted against gay legislation, and i will agree with all of you here that this is unacceptable from a congressman.

until then, what is there to talk about?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: Syle]
    #7347547 - 08/29/07 08:31 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
all i an saying is, show me that he voted against gay legislation, and i will agree with all of you here that this is unacceptable from a congressman.

until then, what is there to talk about?

The following is from a wiki article on article on Craig. The references provided for the material are from Craig's own website
Quote:

Craig supported the Federal Marriage Amendment, which barred extention of rights to same-sex couples; he voted for cloture on the amendment in both 2004 and 2006. However, in late 2006 he appeared to endorse the right of individual states to create same-sex civil unions, but said he would vote "yes" on an Idaho constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages when pressured to clarify his position by the anti-homosexual group Families for a Better Idaho.[19] Craig voted against cloture in 2002 which would have extended the federal definition of hate crimes to cover sexual orientation.[20]

I guess that he is not a "hypocrite" unless he is for the Federal Marriage Ammendment but then was also married to a man. I suppose for him, living in the closet and skulking around bathrooms for handjobs is a satisfying sexual existence, and the fact that he doesn't support the right of people with his orientation to commit to each other for life doesn't make him a hypocrite, it just makes him a homosexual, pathetic and horrendous asshole instead of just a heterosexual horrendous asshole.

Furthermore, this does have political significance, or at least irony that should cause the anti-gay crowd to stop and reconsider. If the people leading the march against homosexuality are in fact gay, or have gay daughters, it suggests that homosexuality is common and natural. If forcing people into the closet instead of allowing them to marry results in pervs in our bathrooms, maybe gay marriage is better for society.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: Seuss]
    #7347564 - 08/29/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I don't think this is enough. I am not arguing that the guy is a hypocrite or not; I don't have enough information to make a judgment. However, I don't think one has to be hypocritical to be gay and vote against gay legislation. For example, I am anti-abortion, but I would never vote in favor of anti-abortion legislation. Does that make me a hypocrite? No, as long as I am clear about my position. As a representative, my job is to represent the people, not to legislate my own moral values or just the people that voted for me. Again, I am not defending these guys, only saying that there is more to being a hypocrite than being caught in the act of gayness and being republican or even being gay and voting against gay legislation (whatever gay legislation happens to be).

Ah but if you voted against the right to abortions but then received abortions in secrecy you would be a hypocrite. Voting against gay marriage and then seeking out gay sex is pretty close to being hypocritical. I doubt that Craig announced to "Families for a better Idaho" that he was against gay marriage but he was all in favor of getting his dick sucked by men in airport bathrooms.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7347589 - 08/29/07 08:43 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
If forcing people into the closet instead of allowing them to marry results in pervs in our bathrooms, maybe gay marriage is better for society.

Word up.

Maybe somebody should forward that to every Republican in both houses of Congress. If the goal is a safer society, getting creepy old perverts out of the restrooms is a good start.

Not that I have anything against old perverts- I hope to be one someday. :lol:

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: Syle]
    #7348098 - 08/29/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Craig as well as every other republican politician in Idaho is against gay marriage and gay couples adopting. as well as being anti school...

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: gluke bastid]
    #7348109 - 08/29/07 11:40 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The gay marriage thing annoys me.  We have much more important things to worry about and also I'm wondering why gay people want to get married.  Being married looks shitty and miserable and then when you get divorced the lawyers and your ex-spouse can take a bunch of your money.  Sounds like a bum deal to me.  :shrug:

The social conservatives want the federal government to use its power to ban gay marriage.  The homo's want the federal government to us its power to legalize it.  I assert that the federal government has no authoirty in the realm of marriage...it's a state matter.  So, leave it to the states.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7348203 - 08/29/07 11:59 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
The gay marriage thing annoys me. We have much more important things to worry about and also I'm wondering why gay people want to get married. Being married looks shitty and miserable and then when you get divorced the lawyers and your ex-spouse can take a bunch of your money. Sounds like a bum deal to me.

The social conservatives want the federal government to use its power to ban gay marriage. The homo's want the federal government to us its power to legalize it. I assert that the federal government has no authoirty in the realm of marriage...it's a state matter. So, leave it to the states.

Doesn't matter that marriage is stupid. As long as the federal government recognizes marriage betweeen a man and a woman it needs to recognize marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. This is a civil rights issue plain and simple. If you want to get rid of marriage being recognized by the govt alltogether thats fine with me. But as long as the government is giving people tax and health care breaks for being married they need to include every citizen.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #7348394 - 08/29/07 12:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

either way...regardless of whether he's a hypocrite or not, he's still trying to signal to men in an airport bathroom that he wants to have sex with them. can't we all just agree that he is a creepy pervert? and even if anyone is supposed to believe that the cop is a complete liar, and craig really does use the bathroom "in a wide stance" then the guy is a fucking weirdo. seriously, who the hell takes a shit with their legs spread so far apart that their feet are in the next stall over?

the guy got caught being the fag he is and he won't own up to his homosexuality because then he would be a hypocrite, not to mention he wouldn't get reelected. in fact, he'd probably be forced to resign.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7348477 - 08/29/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

One thing that might help the Republican party is if they would stop feeling the need to kiss the ring of the Jerry Fallwells and Pat Robertsons of the world.

If you don't make holier-than-thou claims you don't get exposed as being human like most people on the planet.

Ironically, the GOP in using the religious right to gain power has sold its soul in the process. Organized religion needs to stay out of politics- it corrupts both the political process and religion itself.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: zorbman]
    #7348651 - 08/29/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I will be more than happy if you would direct me to the Democrat who has made a statement that it is OK to solicit anonymous sex with a stranger in an airport restroom. I think even Dems are holier than that. Except Jim McGreavy, of course. He is exactly that holy. Holy holy holy stick your roly poly in my....eh, it's beyond me.

I don't care that this dumb mutt is a homo, but I bet that won't play real well in Idaho. Too bad. But surfing for sausage in a restroom is pretty fucked no matter what the gender. Please go away you incredible moron.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7348672 - 08/29/07 02:22 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't get why these Queers like to have sex in public restrooms. :shrug:

NASTY!  i cant stand taking a shit in a public restroom let alone having SEX in one.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7348713 - 08/29/07 02:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I will be more than happy if you would direct me to the Democrat who has made a statement that it is OK to solicit anonymous sex with a stranger in an airport restroom.

Nice strawman. Of course they are not cool with it but democrats are not generally known to loudly trumpet their religous views or put bumper stickers like "Moral Majority" on their cars.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (08/29/07 03:08 PM)

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #7349058 - 08/29/07 04:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Craig supported the Federal Marriage Amendment, which barred extention of rights to same-sex couples

not anti-gay. a marriage is a union between a man and a woman. there is nothing at all political about that, it's just a fact. that's what a marriage is and has been for thousands of years around the entire world.

Craig voted against cloture in 2002 which would have extended the federal definition of hate crimes to cover sexual orientation.

again, not anti-gay. hate crime laws are a bad idea. you can be opposed to expanding them without being in any way opposed to those to whom they are indended to give special recognition.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: wilshire]
    #7349241 - 08/29/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:
Craig supported the Federal Marriage Amendment, which barred extention of rights to same-sex couples

not anti-gay. a marriage is a union between a man and a woman. there is nothing at all political about that, it's just a fact. that's what a marriage is and has been for thousands of years around the entire world.

Craig voted against cloture in 2002 which would have extended the federal definition of hate crimes to cover sexual orientation.

again, not anti-gay. hate crime laws are a bad idea. you can be opposed to expanding them without being in any way opposed to those to whom they are indended to give special recognition.

IMO the Democrats and their loyal moonbats could care less about Gay Rights.

ITS ALL ABOUT POWER!

If the Democrats can force many republican resignations for all kinds of SINS (divorced, drug users, adulterers, abortion recipients, gamblers) They could hold a very large electoral advantage.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7349443 - 08/29/07 06:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

you know, i wouldnt care if my congressman was gay. really, i wouldnt.

but I would care if that gay congressman was soliciting sex in public restrooms. I hold politicians to higher standards than that. at least get yourself a respectable prostitute, jesus.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: kotik]
    #7349610 - 08/29/07 07:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That right there is the crux of the biscuit.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: kotik]
    #7350024 - 08/29/07 09:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
you know, i wouldnt care if my congressman was gay. really, i wouldnt.

but I would care if that gay congressman was soliciting sex in public restrooms. I hold politicians to higher standards than that. at least get yourself a respectable prostitute, jesus.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleDieCommie

#7350050 - 08/29/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:

:thumbup:

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

#7351087 - 08/30/07 09:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:

Nope. A law that blocks gay people from getting married based on sexual orientation is "anti-gay," because it blocks them access from a right that other citizens are free to practice. Just because something has been a certain way for thousands of years does not mean it is
A) Right
B) Just
C) Incongrous with the notion of individual liberty

A law that says heterosexual citizens can enjoy marriage while homosexual citizens can't is a violation of civil liberty. There is no other logical way to look at it. Gay marriage should be legal because it does not infringe on the rights of any people outside of the marriage. The only argument you can make against gay marriage is based on religious dogma. If you are in favor of the government deciding what is moral and what is immoral, you might as well move to a country run by religious fundamentalists or communists.

Quote:

I agree entirely, except for your conclusion that it means that Ron Paul's stance is not anti-gay. The hate crime issue is not really relevant to the main issue at hand, I.E. gay marriage.

--------------------

- Thomas Paine

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #7352469 - 08/30/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Nope. A law that blocks gay people from getting married based on sexual orientation is "anti-gay," because it blocks them access from a right that other citizens are free to practice.

look, this isn't politics, it's biology. part of the social structure of homo sapiens is a long-term commitment between one man and one woman, typically for the purpose of raising offspring, which require an investment of parental resources unheard of in other species.

it's not hatred of gays, or denying them of their rights, to recognize that a commited homosexual relationship is not a 'marriage' any more than it is to recognize that a homosexual couple cannot conceive children togother.

this isn't based on religious dogma. i have no problem with homosexuals in commited relationships or homosexuals living together as a couple (or more for all i care). but it is not a marriage.

the government gives incentives for people to marry. this makes sense, because marriage has social benefits. the biggest social benefit is that a married couple tends to provide a much better environment for the raising of the next generation of citizens. because homosexual couples cannot concieve children (biology again, facts - not gaybashing) this does not apply to them.

personally i don't feel that the government should recognize marriage at all. there is a slight reason (stated above) for the government to recognize and provide incentives in favor of marriage, but there is absolutely none for it to recognize homosexual couples.

The hate crime issue is not really relevant to the main issue at hand, I.E. gay marriage.

the post to which i was responding brought up larry craig's vote against expansion of hate crime laws as an example of an anti-gay voting record.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale