Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Incubation problems
    #7345669 - 08/28/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Last night i inoculated some cambodia spores into a small baby bottle with 100ml water+3ml of karo. After i inoculated i wiped the bottle and nipple down with a alcohol napkin then placed it in a medium size rubber maid that is clear i wanna say 6"heightx24"longx12"wide, i have two of them and i use those for incubation along with a fish tank heater... so i went ahead and put regular temp water into the first tub. then i took the other tube with bootle in it and lid on and snapped down into the water filled tube with the heater set at 82 degrees....

well, after i set that up i put a fish tank thermometer on the oustide of the first tub that holds the water so i can see what temp the water is... well, i let it sit allnight and it was at 75 degrees on the thermometer. then i just got home from work and checked its still at 75 degrees... so i took that water out and it felt cold to me, not even like close to 80... i filled up using cold and hot water . the temp went to 86 degrees so i took some water out and added cold water... didnt change so i emptied and did it again .. still stuck at 86 so i put alot of cold water in and the heater back in and left it ... do you think my heater is broke or the thermometer sucks it was only 2.00$ or is it cause the plastic is thick and the thermometer can read good?? any help out there? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGoodbyeOrb
Self-SacrificingPotency Tester
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Incubation problems [Re: tony8404]
    #7346117 - 08/28/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

it's difficult to make out what you are asking, but, from what I can tell, you are getting a difference in the reading because the thermometer on the outside of the tub is taking a reading of the air temperature, not the water temperature. BTW, general rule I stick to on thermometers is to stick to the analog glass tube style, so a $2 thermometer should be good. The electric ones always get screwy with the high levels of humidity, so don't waste the money.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Incubation problems [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7348494 - 08/29/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hey goodbyeorg, after this post i started i messed with the incubatioin chamber... i kept the fish tank thermometer on the plastic to compare the readings with my hygrometer. now my hygrometer has a second probe on it that i can place somewhere and view the read out on the readout... so i placed the probe into the container that holds the bottle and i placed the probe right next to it... and i got the temp to 83.3 degrees.. checked it this morning and it was at 80.8.. now that is interesting what you said to me about its reading the air temp and not the water temp..

i was thinking your right with the fish tank thermometer but what about the hygrometer probe i am using now i have the probe right on the bottom of the container that is sitting in the water. will the probe take the temp of the water since the probe is sitting right on the spot that is touching the water? or will it still be taking the air temp??? i will buy a different thermometer that reads water i was not sure if the probe reads 80 degrees wouldnt the baby bottle rise to 80 cause the baby bottle is touching the same part the probe is touching but yet u maybe right about it reading air temps...

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Incubation problems [Re: tony8404]
    #7348507 - 08/29/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Still not sure what you are talking about, but...

80-83 is just fine for LC.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom