Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebumble
homunculus
 User Gallery

Weed as a pain killer?
    #7346620 - 08/28/07 10:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Can weed be used as an effective pain killer?. My stomach can sometimes hurt so bad its unbelievable.

--------------------
progressive trance: Brian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: bumble]
    #7346863 - 08/29/07 12:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I would guess that pain relief is one of the the most common reasons people cite for therapeutic use of cannabis.
I've heard personal claims that it is useful for gastrointestinal discomfort. Though, if I had an ulcer I would be concerned with more permanent relief though dietary methods.

Edited by Clean (08/29/07 01:02 AM)

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #7347031 - 08/29/07 01:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Don't get me wrong, I like pot and everything, but in my experience, its effect is to amplify your senses. If a cancer patient is experiencing extreme pain and smokes a joint, their pain is going to be far more pronounced than it was originally.

It's also important to take note that the vast majority of people who support medical marijuana are just stoners who want to be able to get high all day and not have to worry about getting hassled by the law. I have yet to see someone with serious medical problems vigorously campaigning for marijuana legalization. I mean shit, why can't you bastards just be honest and say "hey, I like getting high, and it doesn't have that many bad side effects, so just legalize it" instead of hiding behind this medical marijuana bullshit. Pot has no medical benefit, except maybe to people with glaucoma because it helps them see better.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #7347645 - 08/29/07 09:04 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If a cancer patient is experiencing extreme pain and smokes a joint, their pain is going to be far more pronounced than it was originally.

I'm sorry but that is just plain wrong.

Marijuana (especially of the indica variety) has an extremely noticeable reducing effect on pain. Have you ever been in pain and were in more pain after you smoked? I sure as hell haven't!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: trendal]
    #7347704 - 08/29/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (04/29/08 12:33 PM)

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: trendal]
    #7348864 - 08/29/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Have you ever been in pain and were in more pain after you smoked? I sure as hell haven't!

Yes! As I said, in my experience, marijuana amplifies the physical and emotional state that I am experiencing at the time of ingestion. This is why I do not smoke when I am in pain, or depressed, or sick, as marijuana tends to amplify the sensations which accompany these states, often leading into a full blown panic attack.

Invisiblebumble
homunculus
 User Gallery

#7350764 - 08/30/07 04:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ive toked many times while slightly sad/depressed nothing too serious and its always helped. I never tried though with a more physical discomfort like stomach pain. Could just be that it works on some and others it dont.

Although this isnt weed related it shows how drastically the same drug from the same batch can effect you very differently taken at different times. I took shrooms I had ground up with a coffee blender and had an amazing experience, one of the best feelings I ever felt in my entire life while listening to trance as the song reached its climax. Few days later I took the second half from the exact same batch and it turned into a nightmare, I was in such desperate pain I sat at the dinning table eating a tomato in hopes it would somehow distract me from the pain, didnt help at all.

That said its possible that weed may sometimes work on everyone and sometimes not work on everyone for some unknown variables.

--------------------
progressive trance: Brian Rogers

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #7350775 - 08/30/07 05:21 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (04/29/08 12:32 PM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7350811 - 08/30/07 06:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

for stomach pains it should most definitely help (I often use it to settle my stomach in the mornings) as [endogenous] cannabinoids are present in the stomach

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinelequebecfume
iCannibinoid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: demiu5]
    #7350895 - 08/30/07 07:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I have been a medical user of medical marijuana for more than 20 years.

I use for chronic pain: Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crohn's and Fibromyalgia.

The first and last thing I do every day is medicate. At night to knock me out so I can rest a bit and in the morning to take away nausea, extreme back and gut pains.

This has been and continues to be the only medication that actually works for me.

The combination of cannabis and morphine ups its efficacy in pain killing.

Cannabis is non-toxic has no side effects and deals with the side effects from pharma meds.

LEGALIZE, REGULATE, EDUCATE and MEDICATE

leq

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: lequebecfume]
    #7351170 - 08/30/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

<<Yes! As I said, in my experience, marijuana amplifies the physical and emotional state that I am experiencing at the time of ingestion. This is why I do not smoke when I am in pain, or depressed, or sick, as marijuana tends to amplify the sensations which accompany these states, often leading into a full blown panic attack.>>

Don't dog this guy too much because the truth is that it is a very individual and condition related thing and as a doctor who *probably would* (or whatever we're supposed to say like we are hiding and keeping secrets from someone we can't hide or keep secrets from...) recommend and even provide marijauna to my patients I have lotta chance to see and there isn't anything really that any of you have said here that is wrong in and of itself - it is all relative and applies to the individual like most all drugs and conditions.

I do have to say that for years I have had my eyes and ears full of very sick and debilitated people going to court, risking thier own safety and campaigning very hard for medical marijuana so I don't understand how someone could miss that except that they just haven't seen or don't have a job in life relative to such issues or persons and didn't know.

Permission to thrive and find comfort for yourself granted. Be good and be careful... :smile:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: curenado]
    #7351897 - 08/30/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I used it for a long time.For pain from this

It doesn't really stop the pain, as much as take your mind off the pain.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #7352467 - 08/30/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I like pot and everything, but in my experience, its effect is to amplify your senses. If a cancer patient is experiencing extreme pain and smokes a joint, their pain is going to be far more pronounced than it was originally.

It's also important to take note that the vast majority of people who support medical marijuana are just stoners who want to be able to get high all day and not have to worry about getting hassled by the law. I have yet to see someone with serious medical problems vigorously campaigning for marijuana legalization. I mean shit, why can't you bastards just be honest and say "hey, I like getting high, and it doesn't have that many bad side effects, so just legalize it" instead of hiding behind this medical marijuana bullshit. Pot has no medical benefit, except maybe to people with glaucoma because it helps them see better.

Pot has no medical benefit?  I'd like you to say that to someone who has had aids for 10 years and can barely swallow their own spit.

A lot of cancer patients EAT weed as well.  Eating weed has way more sedative narcotic type effects than smoking it.  It may not kill pain but it will definetly slow you down enough where you won't notice it as much.

It's been used to help glaucoma as well, even you said that.

Stating that marijuana has no medical purpose and anyone that smokes it are just stoners trying to get high proves how uninformed and ignorant a person can be.  Nice to know some conservative right wings make an appearance on these boards to though :smile:

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: Brainiac]
    #7352489 - 08/30/07 03:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Son - that there's pain - Hope you have found some dietary supplements to help keep that as soft and free as possible.
Do you use glucosamine/chondroiton or other type "bone lube" to help keep the suffering off that?
Do you know that after a certain amount reishi/cordyceps makes the hydrocodone work about twice as good? I use 3-4 "00" capsules in combo with hydrocodone on mine, but I warn them to start out by breaking the hydro in half until they get the fuller effects before eating that second half if they need to. (bet the boogers do anyway! :smile:
Best Wishes with that! Hope you are getting good care because that's gonna be with you awhile.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineOracle Of Delphi
I, Phantom
Female

Loc: State of Disrepair
"joint" pain [Re: bumble]
    #7361087 - 09/02/07 08:25 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

it sure as shit relieves persistent back pain.
no Rx - no problem'
effects don't last too long - but long enough to relieve some major discomfort.

so i hear:cool:

--------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/

OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Re: "joint" pain [Re: Oracle Of Delphi]
    #7443779 - 09/23/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's different for everybody. Marijuana doesn't so much "kill" the pain as help distract the mind from it. It's the only thing that helps get me through my godawful cramps and nausea during my period, because I'm usually so sick I couldn't keep a pain pill down in the first place if I didn't smoke. It's relaxing effects can calm the mind and relax muscles in some people.

I guess the only way to know is to try it. Medical mj is most frequently prescribed for arthritis pain and the physical pain caused by terminal diseases like cancer, so there must be SOME merit to its use as an anti-pain medication. It's certainly safer than taking NSAIDs daily or getting on something like Vioxx or and addictive opioid drug. Some people find that weed allows them to quit their pain meds entirely, while others say it increases the effectiveness of their medications.

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
Re: "joint" pain [Re: MK Ultra]
    #7443813 - 09/23/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Its really good for stomach aches.

I woke up after drinking my ass of. With a hang over i drank 2 glasses of juice and had a stomach ache so i couldn't fall asleep.

I smoked a bowl of hash and before i knew it the stomach ache was completely gone. And i didn't think about headache and fell asleep.

Depends on pain i guess.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #7446225 - 09/23/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

it depends on what kind of pain it is. if its your stomach like you say it can help, or if you have a headache or your arthritis hurts or something it can help that too.

but if you are stoned and burn yourself on the stove its going to hurt 10x worse than if you was sober, i dunno weed is weird like that.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#7446237 - 09/23/07 11:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It really varies from person to person. For me, it dulls out most pain. I feel like one of marijuana's strong points is reducing upset stomachs.

I was talking to a coworker the other day (his dad went through prostate cancer) and marijuana was the only thing that helped make the pain manageable. (pain meds didn't work) I'm sure for others it might not do a damn thing or perhaps make it worse. Like most medicines, it works on a person to person bases. Try it out and see if it does work for you.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineNova

Re: Weed as a pain killer? [Re: Toddo]
    #7446356 - 09/24/07 12:28 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It might be a good idea to go and get checked for food allergies. I used to get horrible stomach aches until I found out I had a minor peanut and milk allergy. Stomach aches are usually associated with dietary problems.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures