Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomdelirium
Electric SexMonkey
Male

Firecrackers
    #7344779 - 08/28/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

All right, so here was my recipe:

About one gram of some shitty, stale chronic ground up and put in between two graham crackers slathered with peanut butter. I put it in a toaster oven for 23 minutes at 300 degrees. After eating it my body felt heavy, and that's about as far as it went. I was quite disappointed.

Is there something I did wrong? What are your guys' recipes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers [Re: mushroomdelirium]
    #7344788 - 08/28/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's only as good as it's ingredients! I'd go with 2-3 grams.

When dosing with cannabis orally, you have to put thought into it. Smoking is easy, because one can easily titrate and onset is rapid, so you know how high you want to be. When doing it orally, it's dependent on your body weight.

I'd like to know this, has anyone done an oral cannabis calculator? Any good mg of bud per kg of body weight ratio? Of course, it's dependent upon potency

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
Re: Firecrackers [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7344810 - 08/28/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I preheat the ganja @ about 200F for 10mins on some foil, then mix it with the peanut butter on crackers, wrap it up in foil and bake for 20mins at 300F. Get creamy peanut butter, organic is best.

.5g is a good dose, 1g is almost too much...almost. :stoner:

Offlinemushroomdelirium
Electric SexMonkey
Male

Re: Firecrackers [Re: slackophage]
    #7345010 - 08/28/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

what does preheating teh ganja do?

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

#7345061 - 08/28/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Converts some of the inactive THC into active THC. Also, once it's preheated, it pretty much crumbles into powder, eliminating the need for grinding it up.

Allegedly freezing them right after they're done can render them even more potent.

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
    #7345070 - 08/28/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomdelirium said:
. . . some shitty, stale chronic. . .

There's your problem right there.

Try it again with the dank!

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

Offlineodd_one
Friendly
Male

#7345242 - 08/28/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
I preheat the ganja @ about 200F for 10mins on some foil, then mix it with the peanut butter on crackers, wrap it up in foil and bake for 20mins at 300F. Get creamy peanut butter, organic is best.

You got the right idea!:thumbup:

Offlineodd_one
Friendly
Male

#7345260 - 08/28/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:

You got the right idea!:thumbup: Be careful not to burn the crackers though. I'd say flip them half way through.

OfflineRizn
Irrelevent

Loc: Beyond
Re: Firecrackers [Re: odd_one]
    #7345285 - 08/28/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Firecrakers work great for me everytime as long as i use organic peanut butter, when using regular peanut butter all i ever felt was a mild body buzz. A .8 with organic PB can be pretty intense.

--------------------
There are no facts, only opinions, there are universally held opinions but that does not make them facts.

OfflineMrMatthew
LearningSomethingDifferent
Male

Loc: Littleton, CO
Re: Firecrackers [Re: Rizn]
    #7345345 - 08/28/07 04:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Seriously, organic peanut butter made the difference for me too... me and a friend made some .6g firecrackers with the preheating method with really good chronic and all that and we nearly fell asleep a few hours later we were so stoned lol.

Organic PB ftw. :thumbup:

--------------------
Good Music

Offlinemushroomdelirium
Electric SexMonkey
Male

Re: Firecrackers [Re: MrMatthew]
    #7345363 - 08/28/07 04:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

All I have is Jif Creamy Peanutbutter. What makes the organic stuff betteR? Higher fat content?

I think I'll go buy some today, then try the firecrackers again tonight.

This time I'll preheat the ganja too.

Does eating them on an empty or full stomach make any difference?

OfflineMrMatthew
LearningSomethingDifferent
Male

Loc: Littleton, CO
    #7345373 - 08/28/07 04:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I like to eat them on an empty stomach....to make sure I have room for when I get the munchies :grin:

EDIT: And yes, organic peanut butter has a higher fat content. When you get them you usually have to stir them up to get the oil on top mixed in.

--------------------
Good Music

Edited by MrMatthew (08/28/07 04:42 PM)

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers [Re: MrMatthew]
    #7345485 - 08/28/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, now I'm gonna have make one after I get outta work....sounds good. :gethigh:

OfflineShlumpeet
killers!

#7345491 - 08/28/07 05:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I made two 1 gram firecrackers once. My dog found them and ate them...I was pretty pissed, but it was cool that she got that stoned.

--------------------
I've crossed the ocean, turned every bend. I found the crossing near a golden rainbow's end...

Offlineacommunistspy
the fun nazi,NOT to beconfused withthe fun-nazi

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the garden state
Re: Firecrackers *DELETED* [Re: Shlumpeet]
    #7346347 - 08/28/07 09:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by acommunistspy

Reason for deletion: this never happened

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Firecrackers [Re: acommunistspy]
    #7346702 - 08/28/07 11:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

first of all, bake your pot on a sheet of tin foil at 250-260deg until when you pinch a nug it breaks apart into dust (usualy 10-15 mins for somewhat fresh stuff)

this is the process of converting 80-90% of whatever inactive alkaloids are left into thc and thcv
sometimes it can double or even triple the potency of your bud if you try smoking it after this process... it will bake out most of the smell and flavor though, so if your picky about that and dont care more for the medical sedation, then maybe its not for you. i can make an ounce last much longer this way though.

now on to the firecrackers:

this is how i make em and they are DANK

Get
Box of graham crackers
A jar of high-fat creamy peanut butter
Chocolate chips
Toothpick

break the cracker in half so u have two equaly sized squares, and swab em both with peanut butter so theres at least 1/2cm to a full cm of peanut swabbed on one side of each cracker. You should be able to just pinch and roll a nug in your finger and have it turn into coffee-grinder style dust if you used the above method of increasing potency. Sprinkle 0.25 on each cracker half and use the toothpick to mix it in with the peanut butter... Add as many chocolate chips to one side as u think u will enjoy, and press em together, wrap em tightly in tin foil, and bake on the top or top middle rack at 320deg for 20 minutes.

one shouldnt worry about the peanut butter being runny once it heats, and the tinfoil makes sure theres no mess and that it doesnt burn the outside but lets it heat to the right temperatures. when the peanut butter gets hot it will turn solid like clay, it doesnt get runny.

Graham crackers are best for this cause they add to the flavor, i used to just add saltines and it wasnt that good. now i add graham crackers and a few chocolate chips, the thc and peanut oil usualy get soaked into the cracker, making the whole thing one solid biscuit of yum.

anyways, make a few of these and use that preparation i first spoke of, it will make a whole world of difference to your potency both edible and smoked.

and the documented research behind pre-baking:

"In many instances, it is possible that cooking will increase the potency of marijuana.
In freshly harvested hemp much, and sometimes all, of its THC is present in the form of
tetrahydrocannabinolic acid. The percentage depends upon such factors as time of harvest and the climate in which
the plant itself was grown. Unripe grass or grass grown in northern climates is likely to contain more THC acid than THC.
The acid is not psychoactive, but upon drying much of it converts to active THC
by a natural process known as decarboxylation.
Most of the remaining acid will convert to THC during a period of two years.
Unfortunately, much of this THC will oxidize in this much time.
If the decarboxylation could take place in an oxygen-free environment,
oxidation would not simultaneously occur. The application of heat
can further decarboxylate uncoverted THC acids in the dried product."

and

"If the material containing the THC acids is heated to about 212ºF (boiling temperature of water)
for 75 minutes in a nitrogen of carbon dioxide atmosphere (one free of oxygen),
all of these acids will convert to THC. Traditional cannabis recipes often call for sauteing of the ganja in oil or butter before using.
The oil protects the product from oxygen, while the heat activates the THC.
This activation also occurs in the extraction of hash oil from weed and in any
hash manufacturing procedures where heating or boiling is involved."

both quoted from
The Art and Science of Cooking with Cannabis, by Adam Gottlieb, published by 20th century alchemist, 1973.

Offlineshroomcs
weed=life
Male

Re: Firecrackers [Re: CptnGarden]
    #7351294 - 08/30/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
first of all, bake your pot on a sheet of tin foil at 250-260deg until when you pinch a nug it breaks apart into dust (usualy 10-15 mins for somewhat fresh stuff)

now on to the firecrackers:

this is how i make em and they are DANK

Get
Box of graham crackers
A jar of high-fat creamy peanut butter
Chocolate chips
Toothpick

break the cracker in half so u have two equaly sized squares, and swab em both with peanut butter so theres at least 1/2cm to a full cm of peanut swabbed on one side of each cracker. You should be able to just pinch and roll a nug in your finger and have it turn into coffee-grinder style dust if you used the above method of increasing potency. Sprinkle 0.25 on each cracker half and use the toothpick to mix it in with the peanut butter... Add as many chocolate chips to one side as u think u will enjoy, and press em together, wrap em tightly in tin foil, and bake on the top or top middle rack at 320deg for 20 minutes.

i followed those directions
ill see how it comes out, im thinking about testing it tomorrow
except i used .7 instead of half

Edited by shroomcs (08/30/07 10:45 AM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Firecrackers [Re: shroomcs]
    #7351400 - 08/30/07 10:53 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Jif works fine. Here's how I do mine.

.5-1.75G of weed, depending on tolerance/weed quality

Take a double stuff oreo, take most of the filling out of the middle, leaving an outer rim as a seal of sorts. Mix the ground weed with peanut butter (fat is fat, organic fat is still fat, I use Jif normally) Seal the outer rim of the oreo with extra PB to seal everything in.

Heres where my method differs, I take a popcorn bag that has been popped, remove the popcorn, then place the firecracker(s) in the bag, and heat it in a microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds (700w Microwave)

Let them cool in the freezer/fridge, and eat once they've cooled down enough. To anyone who doubts that Jif/microwaves work for these, you either have a rediculous tolerance or are just not doing it right. My tolerance is high enough now that I don't really feel eaten weed in any reasonable amount, so I don't bother with firecrackers anymore.

Edited by xFrockx (08/30/07 10:53 AM)

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Firecrackers [Re: xFrockx]
    #7351768 - 08/30/07 12:07 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah a half gram of some mids will get me pretty f'ed and I weigh 210 lbs. Plus I smoked weed about 2-5 times a day. The first time I tried them I put 1 gram in mine and it was almost too much. It was too much for my girl cause she puked all over the place about 3 hours after eating them. Plus when i took the one gram firecracker I was high for like 12 horus. I went to bed and woke up the next morning high. I ended up going to class baked as hell and didn't come down till like noon.

At the michigan gathering over the summer we all did firecrackers and everyone enjoyed them quite well.

~Peace out

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Offlinekind buds
Stranger
Re: Firecrackers [Re: kungpow]
    #7353747 - 08/30/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I love firecrackers. If you want a real intense experience that hits you in 15-40 minutes and lasts about 6-8 hours, grind up about 3gs of dank nug and get organic PB and crackers. Preheat oven to 320, no more because vaporization occurs around 325. Cook them on the middle shelf for 20 minutes. Eat, get fucked up.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom