Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Animals and shrooms.....
    #733010 - 07/09/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well i have made a strange discovery, whenever iam on shrooms my dog looks at my in a werid way and always does werid things, such as smelling me and coming close to me. Other friends of mine also had simliar experiences with their dogs, iam not sure but i have a feeling they can sense it, like how they can sense a storm coming or a "ghost". Iam not sure if other animals can sense it, anyone notice that?

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Cougheeman]
    #733022 - 07/09/02 06:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ive experienced something of the like. The few times ive shroomed around Cats, they seem to do weird things. They make irregular movements and tend to go crazy. They also have this odd look in their eyes... If this is because im tripping, or what. Im not sure.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #733227 - 07/09/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I've noticed that too. While it's fun to attribute the weird behaviour to some kind of sixth sense, empathy or something, it's probably more to do with physical changes in your body. Enlarged pupils most be startling to a cat - as if you are actually not "you".

But there could be something else in it. I've always found that my cat and dog mirror my own emotions...for example when I was really depressed my dog was noticeably more down. Who knows.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Revelation]
    #733334 - 07/09/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think that animals are just sensitive to the fields we project around our bodies, and when your tripping balls or even in an electric / energized state they can pick up on it. (especially cats)

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #733673 - 07/09/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Animals have to be able to pick up on stuff like that. My dog can always tell when someone is having a bad trip. It's weird, she'll be all playful one second and then all of the sudden her ears will just perk up and she'll run out of the room. Then when I go see what's wrong she's always cuddling up to whomever isn't doing so well, and she won't leave untill they cheer up again.

But I think that might just be because she's used to stuff like this...cause I was at a friend's house once while we were trippin and his cat was freakin out big time. It kept hissing at me whenever I got too close to it, and shit. It was kinda creepy really.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #733979 - 07/09/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Oh man have I ever got something to say about this!!!!!

There has been much evidence of dogs and cats being able to predict earthquakes and stuff to the like. I don't know if it is a 6th sense or what but I do believe they are more in tune to people emotions. Here is an excerpt from my trip report (titled in level 4 under "Read the 1st 6 Lines")...

I remember leaving the bathroom again and staring out into the living room where the man's dog would look at me and bark. When I first came in the dog had greeted me so nicely and then been terrified of me ever since the trip began (in fact every time I saw a specific hallucination the dog would bark and growl at me, in more of a defensive way than an aggressive way). The dog was a very nice dog, but it most definitely knew something big was going on in the house and it didn't like it. I felt bad for frightening this nice man's nice dog so I remember turning back to go into the bathroom. As I did, I remember specifically seeing the dog on the couch. However, I suddenly heard a bark directly behind me and felt the distinct feeling of warm dog breath on my leg. So I turned and looked, and sure enough he was there. How he got there so fast was a mystery. As I looked at the dog just in front of me I heard the same dog bark again only the dogs mouth didn't move and I heard the bark from the couch. I looked up at the couch and saw the dog in its original place. I was confused, I looked back down and the dog was gone, I looked back up on the couch and the dog was there. This similar thing with the dog happened repeatedly throughout the night to me, it made me realize just how fucked up I was, and it unsettled me very much...

Later on...

I remember feeling a bit sober and deciding I had really better drink. So I walked out into the living room to go to the kitchen. The nervous little dog was on the couch and right in front of him, the feeling mounted again, full throttle. The dog barked, he was very afraid of me and I felt really bad for upsetting this poor dog. To the tune of a barking dog I remember hitting the ground and looking at the roof and seeing a spiral rainbow colored vortex...

A little later still...

I tumbled back to bed where I believe from the other room the dog was communicating with me Telepathically, once again how can you be sure? He seemed to be upset that we were in his master's bed and he thought we were trying to replace him.

As it says in there the Dog could sense when the trip was mounting and I was seeing things, and he didn't like it. Whenever I trip I always think I can smell the mushroom's in me, like even what beeds of sweet have particles in them. This goes on for 3-4 days. I don't know whether I can or not for sure but if I can smell it there is no way it would get by a dog's nose!

I know dogs know when stuff is going on.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (07/09/02 12:52 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #734034 - 07/09/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

*General Response*

This has been covered before in General Questions. There is no big mystery. As shroomalicious mentioned - it all has to do with smell. People's odor changes when tripping and this is highly unusal to dogs and cats, so they react strangely.

As per usual, this can all be tested, but then that takes the "fun" out of making up stories about mysterious powers (as if their olfactory prowess is not mysterious enough!).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (07/14/02 04:17 PM)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Swami]
    #734050 - 07/09/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, I didn't know that...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Adamist]
    #734065 - 07/09/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

wow, lots of animals reports... can anyone explain why it makes you smell different?? I usually do sweat a little while tripping, but i don't know about smelling different.

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

#734466 - 07/09/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This reminds me of when I used to have a doberman and I used to tease him by going out in the garage and putting on a big thick winter parka the kind that had a huge hood covered in fur. Then I used to put on a gas mask so he wouldn't know it was me and try to sneak back in the front door. He would come running at me like he was going to kill me then stop about 3 feet in front of me and just turn around and walk away. Maybe he really did know it was me and just wanted to play the game for my benefit.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
    #734592 - 07/09/02 04:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

that seems logical, my cat at times when i was on teh good part had ecstatic looking eyes like she was smelling catnip
when i was having a bad part she kept coming around teh corner to check on me but wouldnt come too close
i would pick her up and she wanted no part of it

i even, during the bad part, tried to pretend it was just me,, but she knew better

Offlinegreypoe
addict
    #734593 - 07/09/02 04:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had a great experience with a fish.

Awhile back I posted about it

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum11&Number=535570&Forum=Forum11&Words=telepathy%20Fish&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=533802&Search=true#Post535570

A little bit of research and I found out since fish are adapted to the water (the purest form of energy) they can sense the electrical signals lifeforms put out.
Being on shrooms I assume that I enabled that extra sensory device in my brain and was able to detect the fishes electrical current as well as communicate with it.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #734845 - 07/09/02 06:33 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"There is no big mystery. As shroomalicious mentioned - it all has to do with smell. People's odor changes when tripping and this is highly unusal to dogs and cats, so they react strangely"

In a word, Bollocks.

When i use a different deoderant my dog doesn't start behaving funny.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Xlea321]
    #734854 - 07/09/02 06:37 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The odors that set dogs off are more primal than deodorant. For instance, dogs can smell fear in a person.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: ]
    #735629 - 07/10/02 04:49 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Only if you shit yourself...

But seriously, does your dog behave funnily when you take alcohol? Aspirin? Paracetomol? Heroin? Cocaine? Or is it just tuned to that special smell of magic mushrooms or LSD emanating from your skin?

Doesn't sound too likely does it..

I think there's a little more to it than smell.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Animals and shrooms..... [Re: Xlea321]
    #735722 - 07/10/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A dog's sense of smell is much better than a humans (up to a million times more sensitive according to some sources). Tests have shown that a dog can can detect substances in concentrations below 1 part per billion.

When people are fearful (for instance) their bodies release certain hormones in much greater amounts than normal, this resuts in physiological changes to the body which can be detected by animals. Besides the increase in perspiration, there are also changes in ratios and amounts of metabolites produced and excreted in the sweat. There are certain chemical substances know as pheromones which may also be excreted in abnormal amounts as well. There are even ongoing experiments in which dogs have been shown to be able to detect cancer in humans via their sense of smell.

In addition to changes in detectable odors, animals will also notice behavioral changes which occur. It is well known among those who are aware of canine behavior that these animals visually observe, interpret and respond to changes in the behavior of others. Watch a show about wolves sometime and you will know what I mean.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #736234 - 07/10/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

This is sort of related...
I guess one time my dad and my stepmom were tripping, and they have one of those lamps on the swivel arm, so you can move it around. Anyways, they had our dog undeneath it, and they wouldn't let it move. Then they started interogating it, asking it questions like "Where were you on the night the bisquits were stolen?" and I guess she would answer them.
Pretty kick ass.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #737632 - 07/10/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I know all about a dogs sense of smell evolving. The point is what relevance it has. I have been fearful many times when I have been confronted by large dogs but if you don't panic and start running they usually don't attack you because they don't just go on "smell". They go on other things like how big you are, whether you have a pick shaft handle in your hands, how many people there are etc etc etc.

Similarly to suggest that a dog only behaves differently if it "smells" LSD on you is ludicrous.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
    #741393 - 07/12/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

animals such as dogs definitely have somewhat of a sixth sense, they know when your "focal point" is off, like when you take mind altering substances

--------------------
overgrow

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
    #745672 - 07/14/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Do you know if customs train dogs to locate shrooms?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag