Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Can you do this alone?
    #7344015 - 08/28/07 10:01 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Can you live out the rest of you time without anyone loving and understanding you? Can you make it if that special someone never comes along or it all turns ugly on ya? Can you make something worthwhile out of just what you have in yourself? Can you accept you life just how it is?

There's lots to be said for being alone. Everyone wants it when they don't have it and hates it when it's all they got.

Can you live your life on your own terms? Or do you fulfill your obligations to others at your own expense. Do you have the guts to live your own life or will you waste it living up to others expectations and the worthless expectations implanted in you by others ? Will you then expect others to give up themselves taking care of you?

I think this is the most ugly scenario there is.

You might be saying, "well so what, it's all meaningless anyway, who cares? Well let me make a prediction. When it really is at an end for you and you can't go back then you will realize what bullshit you have been placating yourself with and you will realize you wasted something worthwhile.:hissyfit: Your fucking life.:satansmoking:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (08/28/07 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: Icelander]
    #7344029 - 08/28/07 10:07 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Do you have the guts to live your own life or will you waste it living up to others expectations and the worthless expectations implanted in you by others?

Maybe and maybe.  :tongue:

Invisible2sky
a friend of Narnia
Male

Loc: the Dawn
    #7344243 - 08/28/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

that is pathetic!

why don't you kill yourself! 

:smile:

nature is wild, love is wild, and God is totally wild!

--------------------
To fly to the sun without burning a wing , and lie in the meadow and hear the grass sing - In Search of the Lost Chord / The Moody Blues - 1968

But for a tree to grow to the sky, it's roots must go to the very depths of hell itself - Tantra,the Supreme Understanding - osho

Edited by 2sky (08/28/07 11:20 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7344461 - 08/28/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Can you live out the rest of you time without anyone loving and understanding you? Can you make it if that special someone never comes along or it all turns ugly on ya? Can you make something worthwhile out of just what you have in yourself? Can you accept you life just how it is?

Of course, if it is the way that reality is to unfold. To not accept reality as it presents itself is futile, the attempt insane and damaging. I accept my life, just how it is, regardless. :yesnod:

Quote:

There's lots to be said for being alone. Everyone wants it when they don't have it and hates it when it's all they got.

Everyone? :smirk:

I've felt completely alone in certain moments of my self-inflicted suffering. I feel amazing states of being one with another. :yinyang: I'm witnessed death and experienced acceptance of my own death. Feeling alone belies the nature of the presence of reality (reality is present, one is never alone :wink:), and death affirms the one state of being that life is for. :yesnod: :heartpump:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: 2sky]
    #7344531 - 08/28/07 12:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

2sky said:
that is pathetic!

why don't you kill yourself! 

:smile:

nature is wild, love is wild, and God is totally wild!

Another empty post. No explanation and some verbal masturbation. Are you not capable of explaining why you disagree with something?:tongue::monkeydance:

I like my life for the most part. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7344542 - 08/28/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone?

I would guess so. At one time or another.

--------------------

Invisible2sky
a friend of Narnia
Male

Loc: the Dawn
    #7345130 - 08/28/07 03:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

well then, i guess you don't have kill yourself:)

--------------------
To fly to the sun without burning a wing , and lie in the meadow and hear the grass sing - In Search of the Lost Chord / The Moody Blues - 1968

But for a tree to grow to the sky, it's roots must go to the very depths of hell itself - Tantra,the Supreme Understanding - osho

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Can you do this alone? *DELETED* [Re: Icelander]
    #7345446 - 08/28/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by LunarEclipse

Reason for deletion: buhbye

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7345464 - 08/28/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

2sky said:
well then, i guess you don't have kill yourself:)

I'll kill myself if I fucking want.:hissyfit:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #7345471 - 08/28/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Hi You.  :wink:

Greetings.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #7345682 - 08/28/07 06:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

2sky, what specifically about Icelander's post do you find pathetic and why?

Insulting him does not refute any of his points or explain what and why you disagree, and that's what this forum is for.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: Diploid]
    #7345736 - 08/28/07 06:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Where is the "Insult Icelander" forum? I have a bunch of zingers at the ready.

--------------------

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7346200 - 08/28/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I guess if it happens it happens, but it's not something I'm looking forward to.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7346381 - 08/28/07 09:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty much it seems that no matter what we have we want it to be different somehow. We live pretty mundane lives for the most part and don't take advantage of our chance to really get out there and make of our life what we want it. Not everyone of course. Every choice we make is a compromise between one thing and another.

When you really think of all the things you could do with your life it's almost overwhelming. There's just so much. The difficulty is in choosing and proceeding more than anything else. Hell I could probably climb Everest if actually make the choice to and followed through.

Of course, then you're faced with all the unexpected stuff. Like I could die tomorrow. But you just have to accept the unexpected and not let the fear of it hold you back. Cuz then you really miss out :tongue:

It's a great challenge. How do you live a really fulfilling life, in light of all the commitments, obligations, and expectations that sink our souls and distract us from what we truly want? How do you keep it new, exciting, and different all the time? Tell me now dammit!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineBoundless
Stranger
    #7346472 - 08/28/07 10:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Can you live your life on your own terms? Or do you fulfill your obligations to others at your own expense. Do you have the guts to live your own life or will you waste it living up to others expectations and the worthless expectations implanted in you by others ? Will you then expect others to give up themselves taking care of you?

I think this is the most ugly scenario there is.

You might be saying, "well so what, it's all meaningless anyway, who cares? Well let me make a prediction. When it really is at an end for you and you can't go back then you will realize what bullshit you have been placating yourself with and you will realize you wasted something worthwhile.:hissyfit: Your fucking life.:satansmoking:

Are you saying that the person who has others give up themselves to help him will realize he wasted his life? Or are you saying the person who gives up what they believe to live up to others expectations is wasting his life?

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#7346570 - 08/28/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

At the moment, I can answer yes to all of those questions.

Quote:

I've been learning to love my time alone. In fact I cherish it about as much as the air I breathe. I have a strong aversion to anyone who may think that I owe them any obligation of my presence unless we have a mutual agreement.

Quote:

Can you live your life on your own terms? Or do you fulfill your obligations to others at your own expense.

The former is exactly my main aim and has been for the last couple years.
During this time I have been trying to eliminate the latter as much as possible - a behavior which i felt i was constantly doing as i thought it's what i "had" to do to "get by." Then I realized that that was BS and there's no reason i shouldn't allow myself as much freedom as possible.

Quote:

Do you have the guts to live your own life or will you waste it living up to others expectations and the worthless expectations implanted in you by others ? Will you then expect others to give up themselves taking care of you?

This ties in to my reasons for deciding to take control of my life.
I realized that the quality of "friendships" or "relationships" are directly related to the quality of self knowledge attained by the individuals.

I took stock of all the relationships I've participated in, and seen others close to me participating in, and realized that most of them existed and subsisted in some form of a control paradigm.

1. control / submission (all is fine and dandy as long as the submissive one acquiesces to the dominator)

2. control / control (these types don't really last long and are usually constant battles. the relatively peaceful times come when each thinks they have control over the other.)

3. submissive / submissive (these can range widely, from being really dull and stand-offish to amazingly exciting, stimulating and intimate)

This realization immediately triggered my knee jerk anti-authoritarian instincts and spurred me to re-evaluate my entire view on relationships. This eventually lead to questioning whether I wanted to take part in any at all unless there was an explicit understanding with regards to personal sovereignty.

I suspect that a vast majority of people, behind the social masks, are secretly battling their own thoughts and paranoia about their possible inadequacies as a human being. In my view these fears obscure and misdirect attention away from aspects of the self, creating an artificial nothingness which is really just unexplored territory. We sense this "emptiness" and seek to fill it. This leads to all kinds of drama, upset, heartache which could be completely avoided if one manages to snap out of the trance. (turning off the tv can help)

This is not to say that relationships based on absolute individual freedom are non-existent, but they do seem rare to me. Perhaps I need to get out more.

Also contributing to these views is my near total lack of enthusiasm for "run of the mill" conversation which usually resemble a peculiar form of musical "question and answer" phrasing, each person gently crafting their solo around the other's. These mutually complimentary vocal emotional orchestrations usually end with either a crescendo of harmony or an abrupt stop and awkward pause followed by dwindling and fractured cadence because one person said something which fell outside the other's reality tunnel. (also known as "making someone uncomfortable")

I tend to prefer encounters where the pleasantries are skipped and we opt to remove most of the masks from the first "hello". In my experience this usually leads to all kinds of unexpected gnosis for those involved.

Offlinelysergicide
Aurora Borealis
Male

Loc: 41.8861° N, 12.4851° E
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: Clean]
    #7346874 - 08/29/07 12:33 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i feel that my helping people and living life is my effort to reach out and touch people.

my ultimate effort is to reach out and touch people, to understand people, and love, and culture, and to find peace within this mess of a world.

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7346910 - 08/29/07 12:47 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

living alone in the woods somewhere near a cave at one point later in life would be enjoyable For sure.

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: Boundless]
    #7348002 - 08/29/07 11:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Or are you saying the person who gives up what they believe to live up to others expectations is wasting his life?
:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #7348262 - 08/29/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

We are always and never alone here.

Sorry, I won't get this more clear now. I think it depends on perspective, too much.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Can you do this alone? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #7348304 - 08/29/07 12:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Not only "can you", you can even chose to! ...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order