Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespammaps
Stranger
afraid of lsd
    #7343417 - 08/28/07 06:12 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

if the intro is boring you, skip it

so, i'm 18, soon turning 19
i first tried a good dose of lsd, when i was 16
i enjoyed it a lot, no bad trip, no anxiety, no paranoia
i started taking it more often (about every second week to every month)
i also did shrooms every now and then, that time and i smoked weed daily (started with 15, still doing it now)
so i had my first bad trip on too much cubensis mushrooms,
i wanted to commit suicide,
but it just lasted about half an hour to an hour and turned into a beautiful trip again
i cut back the shroom consumption and stuck to acid, since i thought, that it is safer than shrooms
i had 4 real beautiful acid trips the following summer (05)
on the third one i met god, my sightfield expanded infinitely, the boarders were broken up and i swam in the divine ocean of infinity, it was really beautiful
then in september i took one hit, which was not as strong as most previous ones, but it was not weak either
on the comeup, i thought of something, which i didn't like, some social bullshit
and suddenly the whole trip turned into the bad direction
everything went evil
i was at a free party and i tried to get away from all the people
i found a spot where i was alone and after a while of jumping around, putting my clothes off, putting them on again, talking to myself, hectically looking up and down and forward and backward, i was getting calmer again and went back to the people
i was still a little paralysed, but i was feeling well again
so i didn't use acid for 3.5 months and at new years eve from
05 to 06 i decided to give it another try
i first hate half of a geltab, the effects were to weak for me, so i ate another one and a half
it started off like the bad trip before that, anxiety etc. but soon turned into a very beautiful trip after about half an hour
3 months after that i had one lower dosed acid experience, which was quite boring, not good, not bad
as i felt my brain getting strange, my rhetorics getting slow and dull, my selfconfidence getting less and less, and my thoughts getting stupid (i mainly thought about myself, had a major egoproblem at that time, feeling like total shit the one day, and feeling like the king of the world the other day, it got better now, but i still have some of that ego bullshit from time to time),
i decided to stop acid consumption
i didn't take it for nearly a year
then i got hold of one hit, and thinking of my previously experienced bad trips, i decided to start with a veeery low dose, so i ate about 1/4 of that hit
it started very positive, laying in my bed (i was afraid of doing it with other people, still having the previous bad trips in mind) listening to music
i decided to eat another 1/4 and went for a walk into the woods, which was fun too
i went home and ate another 1/4 and listened to music again, which was also very nice
so i really enjoyed the trip and thought "haha, how can one have bad trips on a nice drug like that", and i tried to remind what it was like to have a bad trip, and in this very moment, some force "behind" my brain, which i couldn't control, pulled me back into the utter, slimy weirdness, i had experienced on my previous bad trips
at this point, i was 100% sure, i would never turn back to normal
i ran through the house, screaming, jumping up and down, looking up and down and forward and backward and to the left and to the right and to the front left and the right left and to the left backside and to the right backside (looking around was the only way of preventing myself from the total madness, if i looked at one spot longer than one second, my head seemed to implode, i call it "psychotic headache"
i thought about calling the ambulance, but i decided to wait
i drank a glass of water, smoking a cigarette, constantly telling myself "it's ok, nothing happened, calm down, it's ok, nothing happened, calm down, etc. etc. etc."
it started getting better
i stroked my cat, which calmed me down
i listened to some music again, and i was happy to be kind of normal again
i decided to find some sleep, which was very hard in the beginning, because the psychotic headache kept coming back, if i was looking at one spot longer than a second, so i moved around in my bed, till i fell asleep

since that "event", my respect for that drug is higher than ever before
on the one hand, i love it, on the other hand i'm scared to death
i would LOVE to do it again, i got the chance a couple of times, the last couple of months, but i never dared to

so, my question is:
WHAT CAN I DO TO DO IT AGAIN WITHOUT GETTING THE PSYCHOTIC HEADACHE???
is there any sort of mental training, that i can apply, to at least control the experience a little tiny bit?
do you think, that, if i take it again (regardless of the dose (i actually believe that higher doses are less dangerous), i will return back to "normality" after that?
believe me, i would LOVE to trip again
i would give anything to experience at least ONE "successful" trip without getting the psychotic headache?

thanks in advance for answers
(and please don't tell me not to take it again)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTyla
Tyla
Male
Loc: Washington
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: spammaps]
    #7343471 - 08/28/07 06:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

well.
make sure your in the right area.

DO's:

-areas of nature
-lights (bright scenery)
-anwhere with dull socialness (not a lot of people/cars/noises)
-open areas

DONT'S:

-parties
-more than two friends around
-frying around people who ARENT frieng (they will fuck with you)

umm, also (im sure youve heard of it)
get ahold of a low dose of XANEX everytime you plan on frying.
that way if you get stuck in the bad trip mode.
pop half a XANEX bar and youll calm down relitivly quickly.

-tyla!

--------------------
Happy Crack...Is Good Crack!

OfflineTHEBats
FuturePsychopharmacologist
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: Tyla]
    #7343478 - 08/28/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Halloween horror nights seems like a chill place to trip.

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

#7343504 - 08/28/07 06:52 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tyla said:
well.
make sure your in the right area.

DO's:

-areas of nature
-lights (bright scenery)
-anwhere with dull socialness (not a lot of people/cars/noises)
-open areas

DONT'S:

-parties
-more than two friends around
-frying around people who ARENT frieng (they will fuck with you)

umm, also (im sure youve heard of it)
get ahold of a low dose of XANEX everytime you plan on frying.
that way if you get stuck in the bad trip mode.
pop half a XANEX bar and youll calm down relitivly quickly.

-tyla!

xanax?

btw,if you are afraid of it,dont trip. Ever ridden a horse? if the horse feels you are afraid of it,it throws you off its back. same here.

so unless you trip with the intent to face your fears (which is very beneficial imo), clear your head first

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: THEBats]
    #7343508 - 08/28/07 06:52 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

services stations are bad places and public toilets, i had my first acid trip while on tour with a band (thankfylly theyd didnt know) and stoping at servicesfor the toilet scared the shit out of me.

urinal expanding and contracting is not funny when there are other people there!!! while the room around u is getting bigger and smaller!!!

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinespammaps
Stranger
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: John Smith]
    #7343514 - 08/28/07 06:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

John Smith said:
clear your head first

how do i do that?
sounds like a hard thing to do
usually i can't stop the thoughts going on in my head,
no matter how hard i try, no matter if i'm sober or tripping

do you think that doing a small line of mdma or speed or drinking a beer before the trip could help me tame down the mindfuck?

OfflineTyla
Tyla
Male

Loc: Washington
    #7343530 - 08/28/07 07:05 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

xanex, its an anti-anxiety pill.

(pronounced - ZANEX)

it helps you to cope when your freaking out and having a bad trip.beleive me. ive had to use it before.

--------------------
Happy Crack...Is Good Crack!

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #7343560 - 08/28/07 07:18 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I believe it's called xanax.

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
    #7343832 - 08/28/07 09:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

meditate before your trip bro, i swear by this, meditate for about an hour before your trip and just try and put all of your problems out of your head, and go to your happy place, and if your trip turns bad just start meditating again,

one more thing, if you are triping DO NOT even think about have a bad trip just chill out pretend the world is a happy peaceful loving place,

goodluck bro i wish the best for you,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

OfflineJohn Smith
Solo Voyager

Re: afraid of lsd [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7350653 - 08/30/07 03:06 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dutchmushroom said:
meditate before your trip bro, i swear by this, meditate for about an hour before your trip and just try and put all of your problems out of your head, and go to your happy place, and if your trip turns bad just start meditating again,

one more thing, if you are triping DO NOT even think about have a bad trip just chill out pretend the world is a happy peaceful loving place,

peace out Dm

I agree with dm here,I also reccomend  meditation to clear things up, but not just before the trip. Start meditating a couple of weeks before the trip.Start with 5mins twice a day,and then gradually increase the length of your sessions.

Also try to have a healthy diet,lots of greens,olive oil,orange juices etc...

Just remember that your mind is the most powerful thing in the world.:sun:

--------------------
I have no idea what I am talking about but I do know I say things you don't understand and if you do understand what I am saying then you are wrong.

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger
    #7350749 - 08/30/07 04:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I always figure that the good and the bad of any trip are from the mind of the individual who takes them.

instead of passing off your bad experience as a "psychotic headache" i think you need to figure out what it is in your mind that is causing the effects.

Its not the acid in itself because if it was EVERYONE would get them.

Also what is it that causes the anxiety?

you shoudl remember to not allow any negativity, media hype, religious or social guilt take hold of you and sit down and analyse what exactly is it that you are afraid of. DO you think you're "never gonna come down" because surely you shoudl KNOW thats a myth. You shoudl be aware that although it is YOUR mind its the drugs that brings those things out and once its out of your system it will be gone forever.

Havign said that I think it would be good to have a trip partner. SOmeone you trust COMPLETELY and best if you care about them a lot too. That way you can actually work out any issues and discuss things if you dont feel capable yet of facing them by yourself.

Always remember how LSD is non toxic and that after a day you'll be fine. try and go for day trips so that you get a good nights sleep afterwards.

HAve faith in your own mind and the fact that you have free will and control it. you just need to remember that and use it. You're minds a powerful thing and its YOUR mind, no one elses, not the drugs, not anything but YOUR mind. Its not an extrernal force, just simply a part of YOUR body.

hope any of this helps!

It may be different if you were talking a drug which makes you forget you've taken it but Acid and shrooms aren't like that!

Good luck!

Discalimer: UNLESS you have that whole "tendency towards mental illness" thing all the above still applies

Offlined00d557
Earth Transient
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: redpoppy]
    #7359352 - 09/01/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with John Smith, just clear your head and everything will be fine. If you go into a trip worrying yourself oh my god I hope I don't have a bad trip, its most likely to happen. Just don't worry and don't have any doubts and everything will be fine. Your mind is very powerful you just need to control it not let it control you. Like for instance i'm going to see Widespread Panic and on one night i'm taking shrooms and the other acid. Although i've never been around that many people let alone a concert tripping before. I don't have any doubts and no worrys so everything will be fine. I also make sure I plan everything else out ahead of time so when i'm tripping my face off I don't have to make very crucial decisions i.e. friend to drive me home.

--------------------
Spread the love and always remember to be at peace with yourself.
Namaste

OfflineTHEBats
Male

Re: afraid of lsd [Re: d00d557]
    #7360411 - 09/01/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's easy to be afraid of acid when this is the embodiment of all your trips.

Edited by THEBats (09/02/07 12:12 AM)

Offlineretrospect
    #7360425 - 09/02/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i had something maybe like a psychotic headache on a real strong trip.

i had to lye down on my side, because on my back made it worse. so maybe try lying on your side for a bit and it goes away, well for me.

Offlinespammaps
Stranger
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: retrospect]
    #7526797 - 10/17/07 07:05 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so, i'm getting some lsd soon
however, i'm still so afraid of that substance!
my concern is not, that i will have a bad trip
my concern is, that i will turn insane forever
i have kind of a sensitive psyche, i think a lot about things (mostly useless) and i've heard so many stories about people who did lsd a lot of times, and never had problems with it, and then one trip, they turned insane forever
do you think there's something to it?
or do you think i can safely dose acid again?
my last strong trip is about a year ago
can i make any kinds of preparation, that can assure me not to turn insane?

OfflineTHEBats
Male

#7526872 - 10/17/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spammaps said:
so, i'm getting some lsd soon
however, i'm still so afraid of that substance!
my concern is not, that i will have a bad trip
i have kind of a sensitive psyche, i think a lot about things (mostly useless) and i've heard so many stories about people who did lsd a lot of times, and never had problems with it, and then one trip, they turned insane forever
do you think there's something to it?
or do you think i can safely dose acid again?
my last strong trip is about a year ago
can i make any kinds of preparation, that can assure me not to turn insane?

You shouldn't worry if you're mentally stable and your family has no history of mental illness. If that is the case however then you're at risk.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: spammaps]
    #7526918 - 10/17/07 08:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I would like people to be more cognizant of the lingering
the psychedelic effect is characterized by lingering:
all sensory signals
all memory patterns
all thought sequences
all body feelings (pleasure/pain/indifference)
all attitude masks or expressive routines

all the above are subject to lingering and layering.
whatever starts will fade more slowly than in ordinary states of mind.

you cannot have eye-candy (layered colored sparkled vision)
you cannot have geometric fractal and polyopia (repeat patterns etc)
you cannot have enhanced sensation
you cannot have these things without the lingering.

watch for it in all it's forms.
make no distinction between good trip or bad trip.
see the psychedelic effect happenning and while it is happenning,
and be what is happenning without judging.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinespammaps
Stranger
Re: don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7526976 - 10/17/07 09:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
You shouldn't worry if you're mentally stable and your family has no history of mental illness. If that is the case however then you're at risk.

depends on what you mean by mentally stable
and depends what you mean by mental illness
there have been no cases of schizophrenia in my family, however my mother has the borderline syndrome, and a lot of other minor mental illnesses, like OCD (i have OCD too, btw)
and she feels valueless and misunderstood, and thinks that the whole world is against her

i, personally, have no acute mental illnesses, but i have OCD and some compulsion neuroses, i think a lot about useless things, overanalyze anything ad absurdum, have depressions every now and then, i am pretty vulnerable to stuff, people say to me, i'm emotionally not very stable
however, on a large scale, i would say, I'm OK
i know, when my behaviour and my thoughts are not rational sometimes,
i know myself and my weaknesses pretty well
mostly, i feel pretty good, i don't want to commit suicide or stuff like that, but sometimes i get this strange feeling in my stomach, like you get it before a test in school
and this feeling is one of the things, that disturbs me the most
i don't know where it comes from, and it makes me go mad sometimes
i'm excited about something, but i don't know about what
nothing special is happening, and still i have this feeling in my stomach a lot of times
so, i wouldn't say i'm mentally stable
but i'm not mentally unstable neither, i'd say, i have a fragile and sensitive psyche
do you think, lsd could make me insane, theoretically?

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: spammaps]
    #7527267 - 10/17/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

and N20, cheap, easy to obtain and effective

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Re: don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: boomer q]
    #7527274 - 10/17/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i feel much the same as you, i get very anxious alot when im tripping.... it cant be overstated how important set and setting are

be in a situation in which you would normally be able to have fun and relax, and make sure the people you are with are rock solid and arent gonna freak out

and like i said, N2O (nitrous) you can get a case of 24 canisters for less than 10 bucks (for whip-cream purposes) but i hear that it abolishes anxiety on a trip...which makes sense because its primary use for more than a hundred years has been as an anti-anxiety remedy (eg, dentists offices)  i havent tried the nitrous, but people say its :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

#7527288 - 10/17/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spammaps said:

while i guess this is technically possible, you shouldnt really be too worried about it, the chances of you actually damaging your brain are quite slim, and will happen because you freak yourself out, or terrify yourself, it wont come from the lsd, itl come from your mind

sorry, i could have fit all 3 posts into 1, oh well

--------------------

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: boomer q]
    #7527879 - 10/17/07 01:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds like your tripping yourself out. Just don't think about it.

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: MindGorilla]
    #7527918 - 10/17/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know if anyones mentioned it, but Kava Kava pills or tea really help me relax.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

Offlinexpl0de
ḆËŦŦЯ_őƑ_Ŧwo ƹvïlz
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7527978 - 10/17/07 02:22 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dutchmushroom said:

peace out Dm

exactly... juss dont mess around with bad thoughts, be happy. if u start getting scared close ur eyes and take deep breaths slowly and assure urself that its all right and that its all beautiful.. that usually does the job for me:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePhish20
Fantasticallyspun phan

Loc: Gamehenge Time Factory
Re: afraid of lsd [Re: xpl0de]
    #7528634 - 10/17/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Trip outside...nature always keeps me calm during a trip

OfflineFletch420
Stranger

#7528756 - 10/17/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Halloween horror nights seems like a chill place to trip.

lol you wont feel scared or anything

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

#7547140 - 10/22/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spammaps said:
i found a spot where i was alone and after a while of jumping around, putting my clothes off, putting them on again, talking to myself, hectically looking up and down and forward and backward,
i ran through the house, screaming, jumping up and down, looking up and down and forward and backward and to the left and to the right and to the front left and the right left and to the left backside and to the right backside (looking around was the only way of preventing myself from the total madness, if i looked at one spot longer than one second, my head seemed to implode

ROFL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! IRL

Offlinegbeatle
Stranger

Re: afraid of lsd [Re: gbeatle]
    #7547148 - 10/22/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

in all seriousness i would suggest that you pick up meditaition, and learning about your higher conciousness. life is short man you gotta enjoy and just think happy thoughts.

Offlinecrazycripple
Stranger
Male

Re: don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: boomer q]
    #7547205 - 10/22/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i cant do lsd. everytime i think its going to be great
but i always just go crazy. im guessing it comes from my grandmother

having something like schizophrenia. wen i do acid i get very real
paranoid hallucinations. im just never going to do it again

because its just not for me. mushrooms on the other hand are like
the opposite for me. they nonstop make me happy and in love with

everything. the only good acid trip i had was wen i ate half an
1/8 of mushies and then 2 hits of acid 30 minutes later.

idk why but acid just isnt for me

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: don't be afraid of lsd, be observant [Re: crazycripple]
    #7547384 - 10/22/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

maybe you dose too high for your constitution
try less

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

dose [Re: spammaps]
    #7547884 - 10/22/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

yeah man i gotta say, there are a lot of myths surrounding lsd. for one noone NEVER COMES DOWN from a trip. what can and has happened is people having psyhotic or psychological breaks. but even these things heal with time, if one is willing to confront and work on it via therapy and possibly medication. just go in with a postive attitude and when the fear starts creeping up try to laugh it off. harder said than done, and i have had some very odd and mindfucky terror trips, but even those ended pretty nicely.

enjoy :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate