Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom
    #7341022 - 08/27/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yet another fine example of Republican family values:

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in June at a Minnesota airport by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men’s public restroom, according to an arrest report obtained by Roll Call Monday afternoon.

Craig’s arrest occurred just after noon on June 11 at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. On Aug. 8, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in the Hennepin County District Court. He paid more than $500 in fines and fees, and a 10-day jail sentence was stayed. He also was given one year of probation with the court that began on Aug. 8.

A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a “he said/he said misunderstanding,” and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon.

After he was arrested, Craig, who is married, was taken to the Airport Police Operations Center to be interviewed about the lewd conduct incident, according to the police report. At one point during the interview, Craig handed the plainclothes sergeant who arrested him a business card that identified him as a U.S. Senator and said, “What do you think about that?” the report states.

Craig was detained for approximately 45 minutes, interviewed, photographed, fingerprinted and released, and police prepared a formal complaint for interference with privacy and disorderly conduct.

According to the incident report, Sgt. Dave Karsnia was working as a plainclothes officer on June 11 investigating civilian complaints regarding sexual activity in the men’s public restroom in which Craig was arrested.

Airport police previously had made numerous arrests in the men’s restroom of the Northstar Crossing in the Lindbergh Terminal in connection with sexual activity.

Karsnia entered the bathroom at noon that day and about 13 minutes after taking a seat in a stall, he stated he could see “an older white male with grey hair standing outside my stall.”

The man, who lingered in front of the stall for two minutes, was later identified as Craig.

“I could see Craig look through the crack in the door from his position. Craig would look down at his hands, ‘fidget’ with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again. Craig would repeat this cycle for about two minutes,” the report states.

Craig then entered the stall next to Karsnia’s and placed his roller bag against the front of the stall door.

“My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall,” Karsnia stated in his report. “From my seated position, I could observe the shoes and ankles of Craig seated to the left of me.”

Craig was wearing dress pants with black dress shoes.

“At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area,” the report states.

Craig then proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times, and Karsnia noted in his report that “I could ... see Craig had a gold ring on his ring finger as his hand was on my side of the stall divider.”

Karsnia then held his police identification down by the floor so that Craig could see it.

“With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, ‘No!’ I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet. ... Craig said he would not go. I told Craig that he was under arrest, he had to go, and that I didn’t want to make a scene. Craig then left the restroom.”

In a recorded interview after his arrest, Craig “either disagreed with me or ‘didn’t recall’ the events as they happened,” the report states.

Craig stated “that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine,” the report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor.

“It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper,” the arresting officer said in the report.

On Aug. 8, the day he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in the Minnesota court, Craig appeared via satellite at a ceremony that took place in Idaho in which former Idaho federal Judge Randy Smith was invested into his new position as a judge on the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

In October 2006, Craig’s office publicly denied allegations that he was a homosexual made on a gay activist Web site — blogactive.com. Craig’s office told the Spokane Spokesman-Review that the charge was “completely ridiculous,” saying that the allegations had “no basis in fact.”

Steven T. Dennis contributed to this report.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1887377/posts

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (08/27/07 04:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: zorbman]
    #7341097 - 08/27/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know if he's ever made any anti-gay statements or policy recommendations, but without posting something to that effect.... what's your point? that larry craig is a hypocrite for being gay and republican? that republicans are hypocrites because some of them are anti-gay and some of them are gay? that you are ok with knocking someone for their sexual orientation as long as they are a republican?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: wilshire]
    #7341122 - 08/27/07 04:51 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7341148 - 08/27/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:
i don't know if he's ever made any anti-gay statements or policy recommendations, but without posting something to that effect.... what's your point? that larry craig is a hypocrite for being gay and republican? that republicans are hypocrites because some of them are anti-gay and some of them are gay? that you are ok with knocking someone for their sexual orientation as long as they are a republican?

Craig has supported quite a bit of anti-gay legislation.

Does his being a self-serving hypocrite mean nothing to you?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7341180 - 08/27/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

> Does his being a self-serving hypocrite mean nothing to you?

Until you made the point, no. This is debate (mostly), not touchy feely time. As wilshire pointed out, until you take a position, by posting the article, you are nothing more than tabloid press. (paraphrased)

To be fair, I see that you did post one item of contention: "Yet another fine example of Republican family values" *grin*

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: Seuss]
    #7341220 - 08/27/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The article I posted was a reprint of the original Roll Call article. Roll Call is certainly not a tabloid- it is the official newspaper of Capitol Hill.

Also I would avoid using the phrase "touchy feely time" in the context of this story. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #7341234 - 08/27/07 05:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

> Also I would avoid using the phrase "touchy feely time" in the context of this story. :grin:

*laugh*  I didn't want to take us tooo far off topic.  Is this the same yoyo that they caught a while back, or a new one?  (I saw the reference to June, so I suspect the same one from a while back...)

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #7341269 - 08/27/07 05:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It seems Dem's have this strange deal with sex????

When it involves themselves they say it's not important, but when it involves Republicans it's explosive!

The Republicans need to get rid of all these closet Homos!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7341289 - 08/27/07 05:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

> It seems Dem's have this strange deal with sex????

Hmmm... Next on C-SPAN2, heterosexual adultery vs homosexual adultery... which is a worse violation of family values!?

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#7341310 - 08/27/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7341314 - 08/27/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It seems Dem's have this strange deal with sex????

When it involves themselves they say it's not important, but when it involves Republicans it's explosive!

Do you not understand the concept of hypocrisy?

The GOP runs on family values so when they get caught not practicing what they preach, yes, it is very explosive. Makes perfect sense to me.

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #7341329 - 08/27/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Craig has supported quite a bit of anti-gay legislation.

oh. ok then. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#7341346 - 08/27/07 05:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Crazy....

And the leading Presidential Republican Candidate 2008 is a Twice Divorced Cross-dressing gay loving roommates show-tune-dancing Manhattan dandy......

The Gay Old Party

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (08/27/07 08:11 PM)

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7341494 - 08/27/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Is this the same yoyo that they caught a while back, or a new one?

Not sure. They are all starting to blur together in my mind.

Evidently Craig felt he could espouse one set of views in public and act another way in private.

I guess he lives in his Own Private Idaho. :rotfl:

--------------------

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
    #7341535 - 08/27/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

No, this is another one. That guy was a Representative, Craig is a senator. A pretty cool one, for a Republican, I hope he comes out ok.

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #7341890 - 08/27/07 08:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

He was never arrested for homosexuality, he was arrested for lewd behavior in a public stall. Playing the homo card on this senator doesnt make what he did any less stupid, he should lose his job, most other people would.

OfflineChesterCopperpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #7342068 - 08/27/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Larry Craig has a 90%+ voting record as scored by the American Conservative Union while being homosexual (homosexuality is his right mind you, but Senators should not lie). Larry Craig is a representative of the people of Idaho while making sexual advances in public restrooms. Larry Craig supports the USA Patriot Act (a crime in and of itself). This is not a debate about gay rights, yes the man may have any sexual orientation that he wishes. The debate is over the absolute hypocrisy of the "leadership" in this country. I am not afraid to deplore a man who fights for the destruction of our privacy and freedoms, who lies to himself while believing in political movements that are against his own sexual orientation, and who is a PERVERT. These are the people that make public policy.....

--------------------
This goes out to The Bearded Men of Space Station 11.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #7342133 - 08/27/07 08:57 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ha, another one.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
    #7343124 - 08/28/07 03:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Another do as I say, not as I do literal male Republican cocksucker.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Republican Senator Larry Craig arrested in men's bathroom [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #7343261 - 08/28/07 05:09 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
Ha, another one.

thats what i said... lol

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale