Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

which to go with jiffy mix or diy casing? but not sure on measurements help?
    #7339664 - 08/27/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, i am almost set to go. I did a LC baby bottle tek last night and i think i got it right. i will be innoculating tonight along with setting up my green house.

I was gonna go with wbs for substrate but now i am thinking to go with rye berries. which would you go with?

for my casing i cannot make up my mind... I have a couple bags of jiffy mix and i also, have supplies to make my own casing, i have Lime, gypsum, crushed oyster shells, verm, and peat...

If i go with Jiffy mix what else out of my list of supplies should i add to the jiffy mix and at what measurements?
For the making my own casing out of my list i can go with roger rabbits tek or aliens tek. its the jiffy i am not sure of... thanks guys.. also, i will probably do 4 casings in my green house at once, i will be using those aluminum baking trays that are cheap kinda the medium size ones dont have the dementions now but will get em later.. thanks

If i go jiffy mix, what else would i have to add and how much

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: which to go with jiffy mix or diy casing? but not sure on measurements help? [Re: tony8404]
    #7339735 - 08/27/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Jiffy Mix needs no additional additives, it's already peat/verm that's been pH balanced. However, on a price comparison, it carries a hefty convience charge of being premade.

Either way, pasteurize it adequately to knock out any contaminates.

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: which to go with jiffy mix or diy casing? but not sure on measurements help? [Re: mycocurious]
    #7339742 - 08/27/07 11:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

u made an lc last night and your going to innoc with it tonight already?

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: which to go with jiffy mix or diy casing? but not sure on measurements help? [Re: blood4blood]
    #7340620 - 08/27/07 01:40 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

no no blood4blood i made the lc but i did not add the spores to it yet i had to wait for everything to cool down.. lol

so with the jiffy mix i am all set .. i thought i had to add oyster shells or gypsum to it no?

Offlinedjcube
Backwoods Shaman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alaska
Re: which to go with jiffy mix or diy casing? but not sure on measurements help? [Re: tony8404]
    #7340691 - 08/27/07 02:01 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

No additives, thats for diy mix. I personally just use straight 50/50 with no extras.

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#7340740 - 08/27/07 02:22 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty much, you could add additional limestone/crushed oyster-shell powders for longer term protection but since you're just casing grains and not spawning to a real bulk substrate (coco-coir, compost, poo, etc.) I wouldn't sweat it. You'll only be expecting two, maybe three, flushes before the mycelium colony is fully spent.

When you start spawning your grains (wbs, rye berries, etc.) to bulk substrates, you'll get the feel for how much additional pH buffers you'll want to add to try and hold off the evil trich. Which ultimately, is all you're really trying to do by pH balancing the casing material.

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds