Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
what do you think i should do?
    #733197 - 07/09/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well heres the thing- One of my setups is a little clear rubbermade box (probably 12by9in.) with perlite humidification, and fanning about 5 times a day. I had one cake in there to see how it would do, and it pulled off about 5 grams dry...quite the flush for one cake. So then I put 2 1/2pint cakes and a 1pint cake in there. The pint cake got contaminated so I tried to save it by operating on it. It might have been dark mycelium or maybe mold, but it didnt grow. It had this smell though and the mushrooms looked kinda weird...kinda weak and dark with streaks up the stems. Fearing for the other 2 cakes I threw it out. Well its been 2 days later and the smells still there. The cakes I have now show no signs of contamination, but the shrooms are lookin kinda weak and they're all aborting. I mist with 100:1:2 water/bleach/vinegar maybe 3 or 4 times a day. These cakes arent doin as good as the others did, and the smells still kinda there. So whats your guys opinions on what I should do? You think I should ignore it...or take the cakes out and clean everything, with new perlite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what do you think i should do? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #733243 - 07/09/02 07:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

To be safe clean everything with a 10% bleach solution. You might as well kill it now while you have it pretty isolated instead of it being a huge concern later.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: what do you think i should do? [Re: phrozendata]
    #733270 - 07/09/02 08:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So if I mist the inside with a 10% bleach solution, you think I should rinse it out with water after? How long do you think I should wait till I put the cakes back in? Will the humidification on the walls be a threat to the cakes? Or do you think I should just take everything out and clean the fuck out of it and add new perlite?

OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

Re: what do you think i should do? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #733380 - 07/09/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What does it smell like...could it be from your bleach/vinegar solution you are misting with? Also you probably dont need to mist 4 times a day if you have perlite for humidification unless you live in a ungodly dry area. The constant misting could be causing your mushrooms to abort if you are getting to much water on the cakes...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies