Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible2012shaman
Stranger

Which cubensis colonizes the fastest
    #7323956 - 08/22/07 11:30 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Ive checked around and done som reading but i cant get a straight answer as to which cubensis strain will colonize the substrate 100% the fastest or if different substrate mixes are easier to colonize than others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: 2012shaman]
    #7323994 - 08/22/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This will be locked and banished to the abyss that is the strain thread that no one ever goes to:thumbdown:

Anyhow Brazilians and Cambodians are noted for speedy colonization

Offlinegrapejelly

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: Blutjager]
    #7324014 - 08/22/07 11:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

the strain thread sucks. I understand that no one wants extra clutter on the boards but there are never many responses on there and no one wants to read 17 pages to find their nonexistent answer.

Anyway,

Most people will probably say that it depends on a number of conditions (and it does) and one strain will not colonize faster than others, but through my research I've found it's Brazilians.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: grapejelly]
    #7324121 - 08/23/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cupcake said:

the strain thread sucks.

I understand that no one wants extra clutter on the boards but there are never many responses on there and no one wants to read 17 pages to find their nonexistent answer.

make it un-suck then.

you can make a difference.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #7324124 - 08/23/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

"and one strain will not colonize faster than others" i dont know anyone who thinks that... Its to my understanding theres some that colonize slower and faster.

Offlinegrapejelly

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: implee]
    #7324152 - 08/23/07 12:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Roadkill, unfortunately I dont have enough experience to do that. Once I've completed hours upon hours of research I might start responding more there :smile:

implee, just search "fastest colonizing strain" and you will see at least a dozen questions with that response.

According to the user Insomnia,
"The fact is, they're all similar, give or take a few days. It all boils down to your substrate, its consistency, your inoculation methods, and the environment in which the mycelia incubate.

If you want bigger fruits or bigger overall flushes, you grow on straw, compost, or dung. One 1/2 pint BRF cake will not have the nutritional power to crank out rows of 7" mushrooms.

Most of what you hear about colonization time, etc. is hype. Some Cubensis types will colonize a bit faster than others -- true -- but the fact is, you're getting a syringe or print with millions of spores. Some spores will germinate and have a tendency to progress slowly, while others will take off and jars or petris will finish off in a week vs. 3 weeks.

To me, consistency of colonization times is more essential than colonization speed."

I'm not saying that one will not colonize faster than another, but many people out there believe that to be the case.

But I'm new at this anyays. By all means, listen to the more experienced people here. Just trying to help out the original poster, babe :smile:

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

#7324312 - 08/23/07 01:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

How about a strain sub forum under mushroom cultivation?
Give it a trial run see how it goes...

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Offlinegrapejelly

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: shaggydogman]
    #7324321 - 08/23/07 01:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I was actually just thinking the same thing. That way people could post pics/questions for a particular strain. The mods could even make it so that new topics couldnt be started, so it was just one thread per strain and each strain would have its very own thread. And then everyone could just say "go look in the B+ thread" or whatever :smile:

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #7325550 - 08/23/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

There is a good reason to not do that. No offense, but its only noobs, or relative noobs who would have any interest in it. The differences in strains just aren't that big. There are maybe 4 or 5 truly unique strains that really are instantly recognizably different. The rest are super subtle variations.

In other words, the folks with a grow or two under the belt will be raving about how their last grow was with X strain, and it was so much faster than Y strain, while folks that have lots of experience know that there is either an environmental reason for it, or it's just the crapshoot luck of the mating game.

Strain subforum? Penis envy looks like uncut dicks and is dense, malabar has a thick rimmed cap, PF albino is white and funky, Treasure Coast will sometimes throw a psuedo albino, Red Boy has reddish spores and a cool development history. All the others have as much overlap as they do variability. OK, that's all there is to it, does that require it's own forum?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibleveilbreaker
Sour girl
Female

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: 2012shaman]
    #7325634 - 08/23/07 12:31 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Cambodian and Brazilian are the ones that keep popping up as answers to that question.

Of the five strains I've tried, Cambodians were the fastest. (The others were EQ, GT, PR (the slowest), and B+.)

--------------------
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:amanitajar: :rose:

Edited by veilbreaker (08/23/07 12:32 PM)

Offlinegrapejelly

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: mycofile]
    #7325653 - 08/23/07 12:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well, if you're not interested in a particular forum you wouldnt have to go to it. I don't go into the OTC cause I could care less about any of the crap in there. Same deal.

Of course, there could always be a "newbie" forum where any question could be posted and answered by those who want to help. No one would say, "go to the strain thread" they could just say "GO TO THE NEWBIE FORUM" :smile:

Anyways, I'm sure this has been discussed before and the forum wont be changed, but I figure I'd just throw that out there.

It's cool as it is. I understand that it's hard to cater to so many people on so many experience levels.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7325706 - 08/23/07 12:48 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing. The advanced cultivation forum is too high tech but this forum is a funny mix of people asking about casings and similar mixed with people posting topics titled nOOb question asking if they can use toenail clippings instead of brf in cakes.

A middle level forum is required, at least I think so, but it might make things more complicated, and mebbe nOObs wouldn't get their answers as fast.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: Nibin]
    #7328544 - 08/24/07 02:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know much about strains...but my first grow was Brazilians and they were fucking FAST!!! not very big fruits but good number and super quick. from pc to harvest i think it was 18 days or so.

edit: 250 ml cakes.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
    #7328708 - 08/24/07 05:11 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

cupcake said:
Well, if you're not interested in a particular forum you wouldnt have to go to it. I don't go into the OTC cause I could care less about any of the crap in there. Same deal.

What's OTC?

Invisibleveilbreaker
Sour girl
Female

Re: Which cubensis colonizes the fastest [Re: roquet]
    #7328761 - 08/24/07 06:10 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Prob OTD

I don't think we're gonna see a strain forum... Admin is always hesitant to make new forums, especially if they suspect the traffic will be minimal. There just isn't that much to discuss about strains. The same questions keep popping up in the strain thread, and they've all been answered.

--------------------
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:amanitajar: :rose:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck