Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7328870 - 08/24/07 07:32 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

dude what the hell is this about a nanny state?

it sounds that you acted the part of the good samaritan, fair enough, but carrying a weapon around, even if for protection is doing nothing in the favour for statistics of death. killing someone in defence is still killing someone, and it just doesn't seem right that every citizen should want to carry around a lethal weapon intent on killing people.

There are far better forms of self defence than guns. Martial arts, or just plain fighting for instance. But then, I don't go out looking for fights and would never dream of owning a gun.

America is just a nation of guns and 'right to defend' which I believe is somewhat barbaric. Call me a nanny state all you want, idgaf, and I'd much rather get him to sing kumbaya with me, whichever works. :shrug:

you can keep your guns in your land of thousands of deaths a year for murder and robbery and fear and paranoia and right to bear arms, I'd rather my guitar and ac campfire with my spear and dead kangaroos :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7328924 - 08/24/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Americans.. sigh

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: FecalDildo]
    #7328964 - 08/24/07 08:26 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FecalDildo said:
I'd hate to live in a country where it felt necessary to carry a gun with me.

That said, I think you did what you could, Randall.  You tried to help, but there's not much you can do in situations like that.  Even if the guy took off, those two would undoubtedly find each other again and argue. 

But yeah, you're old enough to learn life's most important lesson:  never help anybody

:lol:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #7328998 - 08/24/07 08:49 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i read the post, but not all the responses because there's just too damn many.

good for you for sticking up for a woman you don't know. even if you did have to ride in a cop car, big deal? you've got a permit for it and you were doing a good deed. if you believe in karma, maybe it'll come around in a good way.

and i don't think this would really turn you off to help people again. if you really did see someone getting beat down by a group of guys, i don't think you could resist helping.

--------------------

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: learning_byte]
    #7329065 - 08/24/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

learning_byte said:
It usually ends bad if the other person have also a gun, and trust me if they take it out it wont be to flash it.

QFE

Invisiblevitadura
Dream Seeker

Loc: Here, Now Flag
    #7329103 - 08/24/07 09:34 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
There are far better forms of self defence than guns. Martial arts, or just plain fighting for instance.

Agreed. If you carry around a gun to feel protected and safe, you might as well spend some time learning how to fight. You woudln't have to worry if you had your liscence on you, you wouldn't need to have a weapon on you, and you'd always be protected.

Who knows, maybe Martial arts will help you pick up some ladies..

--------------------
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here." -Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: vitadura]
    #7329115 - 08/24/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vitadura said:
If you carry around a gun to feel protected and safe, you might as well spend some time learning how to fight. You woudln't have to worry if you had your liscence on you, you wouldn't need to have a weapon on you, and you'd always be protected.

I'm not afraid to fight. But, even with a black belt of kung fu would I stand much of a chance against someone who is 6'5 250 pounds? Would I stand much of a chance against someone with a weapon? Would I stand much of a chance against a whole group of people? A big fat "No" to all of those. I stand by my decision to carry a gun. If I lived out in the sticks I wouldn't need it...but I live in the city.

Quote:

vitadura said:
Who knows, maybe Martial arts will help you pick up some ladies..

The ladies I usually end up with are so heavy that even a forklift couldn't pick them up.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#7329119 - 08/24/07 09:37 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

so i'm curious.. how often do you let these beached whales ride cowgirl?

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7329134 - 08/24/07 09:41 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Never. My pelvis would be crushed. I'm more of a missionary kind of guy when getting it on with the tubbies.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#7329152 - 08/24/07 09:45 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

bagh.. i don't even like missionary. if the girl must lay on her back, then you gotta hold her legs out wide, or push them up to her chest.

you should do the latter. it'd be like a giant target and every thrust is a bullseye.

--------------------

Offlinerhet
Stranger

#7329169 - 08/24/07 09:48 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
That being said, if anybody comes up to me in the way that guy did...I'm going to pull my gun without hesitation.  If he had come any closer I probably would have killed him.  :shrug:

You must be deathly afraid of young black men. Willing to shoot an unarmed person over some stupid shit.

--------------------
http://www.mushroomvideos.com

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: rhet]
    #7329173 - 08/24/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

pulling a gun does not equate firing a gun. it's really just an impressive scare tactic to prevent violence.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: rhet]
    #7329182 - 08/24/07 09:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If the dude had been white I would have responded in the same exact way.  :shrug:

Invisiblevitadura
Dream Seeker

#7329189 - 08/24/07 09:53 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
I'm not afraid to fight.  But, even with a black belt of kung fu would I stand much of a chance against someone who is 6'5 250 pounds?  Would I stand much of a chance against someone with a weapon?  Would I stand much of a chance against a whole group of people?  A big fat "No" to all of those.

You obviously have not seen The Karate Kid.
Or the Karate Kid II.
:smile:

--------------------
"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here." -Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: vitadura]
    #7329208 - 08/24/07 09:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The Karate Kid?  Daniel-son?  That kid couldn't beat his way out of a paper bag.  :smirk:

Offlinerhet
Stranger

#7329233 - 08/24/07 10:02 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
He was about my height and maybe 30 pounds heavier. I could have put up a fight. But, he was a brutha. Them motherfuckers are tough.

So b/c he's a "brutha" he's extra tough... compared to a white guy of similar build... so you pulled a gun instead of putting up a fight.

You're an older white man in a rough area of a city, that's afraid of young black men. That's not the impression you want to give off, but that's what I'm reading between the lines.

--------------------
http://www.mushroomvideos.com

Invisiblevitadura
Dream Seeker

#7329249 - 08/24/07 10:05 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

No, not the kid(s), Mr. Miyagi.

Remember how he fought off that entire group of ninjas by himself? He was at the age that most other people would consider going for a jog a hard task.

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#7329336 - 08/24/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Martial arts is an invaluable tool to know. I have a friend who is about 160cm (im not good with feet and inches) and weighs about 70ish kg's. He's a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do and is an absolute weapon. The little fucker really has fight in him, and he isn't intimidated by ANYONE, regardless of size (he's 20) or build or ability, he will take them on.

By carrying a gun, you are merely taking a pacifist, and although harmless role in the problem at hand, and that is that it is a very sad fact that people have to carry guns around to feel safe.

Cities in Australia aren't quite that bad, but it is more or less the same with younger kids carrying around blades as this whole youth gang culture is spreading rapidly, you rarely hear of gun violence,but if you are giong to 'protect yourself' by carrying a heavier weapon then you are doing your part in escalating the problem. The vast majority of people who carry weapons are carrying them for the 'protection' but this vast majority is also the main contributor to deaths and major injuries because they've had to 'use them' for protection, so everyone knows everyone is packing heat, and will do the same.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Martial arts is key, if you don't pull a weapon then you have far less chance of things going very awry. Martial arts is good for you, keeps you fit and prepared and able to protect yourself in others without unnecessary force.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: indica]
    #7329381 - 08/24/07 10:48 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
Martial arts is an invaluable tool to know. I have a friend who is about 160cm (im not good with feet and inches) and weighs about 70ish kg's. He's a blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do and is an absolute weapon. The little fucker really has fight in him, and he isn't intimidated by ANYONE, regardless of size (he's 20) or build or ability, he will take them on.

By carrying a gun, you are merely taking a pacifist, and although harmless role in the problem at hand, and that is that it is a very sad fact that people have to carry guns around to feel safe.

Cities in Australia aren't quite that bad, but it is more or less the same with younger kids carrying around blades as this whole youth gang culture is spreading rapidly, you rarely hear of gun violence,but if you are giong to 'protect yourself' by carrying a heavier weapon then you are doing your part in escalating the problem. The vast majority of people who carry weapons are carrying them for the 'protection' but this vast majority is also the main contributor to deaths and major injuries because they've had to 'use them' for protection, so everyone knows everyone is packing heat, and will do the same.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Martial arts is key, if you don't pull a weapon then you have far less chance of things going very awry. Martial arts is good for you, keeps you fit and prepared and able to protect yourself in others without unnecessary force.

Someone needs to beat the stupid out of you... and by the looks of this post, it's going to take one hell of an ass whooping.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: HOLY SHIT! I had to pull my gun and I got put in the back of a police car! [Re: d33p]
    #7329391 - 08/24/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

are you an arrogant gun toting red neck as well?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale