Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Tripping at Rock The Bells Festival
    #7320210 - 08/21/07 11:55 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Last Saturday, three friends and I finally went to a long anticipated festival; Rock The Bells Festival in San Fransisco. The lineup was ridiculously good, and it would last from 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM... We figured some of these 11 hours would be enjoyed tripping.

We got in a seemingly endless line leading about 1/4 mile to the entrance of the festival grounds itself which were in a gargantuan parking lot called McCovey's Cove near the ballpark. We stepped in line with a bag of weed, a quad of cubensis and 4 hits of white unperforated LSD between the 4 of us, with the excitement mounting more and more as each low, omnipotent bass beat emanated from fathoms of the grounds. At this point, it seemed very distant.

"What's to stop us from jumping in line right here?" I said, indicating a inconspicuous spot in the entry line directly to our right. I figured only the nearest people to us would notice that we just then entered the line closer than the end. We stepped in.

"Rage is going to shred" Said my friend. Before I could confirm this, a woman in front of us said she saw us cut into the line, but she was cool and we started talking to her about the event. We saw a few other friends who we knew were coming also while waiting in line, by which time my friend J and I were starting to feel our mushrooms. I ate a half eighth and he ate an eighth. My two other friends, D and T, both ate a hit of acid.

The set times are as follows:

Not far now... I was gazing into the river just to our left and the sparkly reflections were vibrant. I was feeling fine other than the lingering balls taste in my mouth from munching the shrooms. J, however, was reporting some nausea. We were all conversing when I noticed that I could hear every individual voice in our immediate area. We get to the entrance where the festival crew scanned our tickets, frisked us and padded through our backpacks. Luckily, we hid our drugs on our persons and headed in.

WHOOSH. We step out onto a flat, concrete area. There were multiple different beats coming from different corners of the festival grounds. The main stage had just finished an Immortal Technique set and was blasting some heavy, goose call-esque bass. Every 50 feet or so would be a tall light pole with a letter, then a number painted on it. The was because this lot's primary purpose is as a parking lot, but because of its dizzying expanse, a parker would cite this letter and number to rediscover their car in a sea of others. Bodies were briskly moving in every which way around us and we decided to walk out into a more barren area to gather our thoughts. Every person I see at this point is in vivid detail, with one RTB security crew member that I remember very distinctly: Black, 300 lb, about 6 ft, massive girth hanging down from is belt resembling a mushroom cap after the veil's just broken. He had a navy blue wife beater with multiple facial and ear piercing, all silver studs. He seemed to represent the heavy, diseased, hedonistic, fast yet slow beat that was dumping out of the walls of speakers interspersed throughout the venue.  He was disgruntledly doing something like operating a walkie talkie, or perhaps he was eating something. I didn't take much note of this because I was so enveloped in his heavy duty appearance. He was leaning back a little bit, as if planning to be standing for a while. He had blue work pants and black combat boots on, which I was noticing the roughness of the leather when another security member approached him and parleyed for a bit, with the big man keeping an air of authority and vague disrelish.

I sit down and see that there is absolutely no shade anywhere and regretfully recall applying no sunscreen earlier.
"Did anybody apply sunscreen this morning?" I asked.
D was the only one who thought ahead. This put the rest of us in an apprehensive state of mind. I came to a subtle revelation that this was too urban and unfriendly of a venue to enjoy shrooms as I most prefer to. There was no nature to be found, and constant scent of tobacco and marijuana hung in the air as it does in most music festivals. Everyone appeared hideously busy but at the same time had nothing really to do. A metaphor for life, really. I looked at each attendee's attire and faces and got on a trip about how futuristic and gritty this community of people seemed, sort of like the residents of the city of Zion depicted in The Matrix. These people were more hip, appeared to be less troubled, with less of an impending sense of doom, but I got the feeling they were equally, if not more convoluted. At least the people in Zion knew what they were living for and who their enemies were. This thought process, coupled with the vast mass of people moving by us like a swirling vortex of perpetual movement. This made us a bit uneasy. This was a no-man's land of personal, chemical and behavioral lawlessness. The festival security was the only source of authoritative structure in the event, and they were 90% black, hard-looking Hunter's Point types that look like they've abused as many hard drugs as they have tattoos. They weren't about to control 45,000 event guests, however way you slice it. We sat down and smoked some bowls and I shared my thoughts with my friends, as well as two other people we knew that we were previously friends with and happened to see at Rock The Bells. They were sober except for smoking some weed with us. I became entirely absorbed in the event guide and looked at all the different act's pictures and analyzed each one.

We enjoy the music until about 3:00 PM when we head to the food booths. We pass by the Indie stage where the music was less than pleasing to listen to. We arrive at a booth selling chicken and french fries. In line, I spot a hippie-ish looking booth selling vegan, all natural foods like smoothies, vegan wraps, vegetarian burritos, and small cakes. I gloss over the menu and recall the boundless joy that is Festival/Concert/Anywhere-you're-trapped-for-hours-on-end prices; Six dollars for a small smoothie that was, albeit small, well worth it out of sheer delectibility. There's nothing like eating natural sugars while tripping... I reunite with J, D, and T and they begin eating. They got some chicken and fries, but upon inspecting their food find their appetite oddly diminished. The fries were moist and rubbery as if doused in grease for the last SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS. The chicken, I don't even want to get into for fear that the memory alone could persuade me into losing what meal I've most recently consumed. Lovely :smile: . After a few bites, J decides he can't eat anymore of his 10 dollar, pinned out 'food'. The shrooms enticed us to shy away from the "pleasures" of urban, gritty, modern, finite society and embrace the natural, biologically intentional way of life that we had far before aliens showed modern humanity all of what it so desperately clings to today. Yes, aliens.

We go back to the main stage where we see Public Enemy, Cypress Hill, Wu-tang, and Rage Against The Machine. All of them were great, highlights of their performances being when Public Enemy and Anthrax played together, Cypress Hill's ENTIRE set was more chronic than the stickiest nugget and towards the end of their performance, an absurdly drunk, topless, chubby, balding, zitty-backed post frat-boy type guy came up with his equally fucked up girlfriend and started talking to J, and as it turned out, the guy was actually pestering J to punch him in the face. I tried to keep from busting out laughing in front of the guy and eventually we convinced him to focus his remaining braincells on his horrid dancing. The next highlight was during Wu-Tang, when Redman and Method man did a bit of a duo, and then when Flava Flave came on with his iPhone and started taking pictures and a bunch of other attendees nearby the four of us gasped "An iPhone!" "Oh my god, an iPhone!". Once Wu-Tang was done, there was a 45 min. + delay where we mingled with our neighbors around which point J's and my trips were coming back to baseline, but T and D, who ate acid were still tripping. We had some pretty good acid that day. Finally, a loud roar erupted from the huge metropolis of a crowd that indicated RATM was finally up. We moshed and rocked and Rage did an encore. The sets were all demonic and we had a good time, but we all came to the same conclusion that LSD and shrooms didn't mesh with the Rock The Bells experience and would have been more appropriate and peaceful in a nature oriented, progressive environment.
Do you prefer to trip in a highly social environment or a introspective, peaceful environment?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/21/07 11:53 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyxtreme
Weed Mason

Loc: Mill Valley
Re: Tripping at Rock The Bells Festival [Re: Sebastian23]
    #7322878 - 08/22/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

What a good fucking day that was.

--------------------
"Dude, what do you want to do?"

"I dunno dude, I kinda just want to exist."

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Tripping at Rock The Bells Festival [Re: Sebastian23]
    #7327022 - 08/23/07 07:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You didn't go to the right fest for tripping. You need a multiple day outdoor jam or psytrance event.

I find alcohol more appropriate for the type of event you attended.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: Tripping at Rock The Bells Festival [Re: mecreateme]
    #7328082 - 08/23/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
You didn't go to the right fest for tripping. You need a multiple day outdoor jam or psytrance event.

I find alcohol more appropriate for the type of event you attended.

So did everyone else. The line to get into the alcohol section of the event was longer than snoop dogg's dick.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag