Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNickio
Authority
Male User Gallery

Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea
    #7327917 - 08/24/07 12:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LOS ANGELES -- Lindsay Lohan reached a plea deal Thursday on misdemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges that calls for her to spend one day in jail, serve 10 days of community service and complete a drug-treatment program.

She was also placed on 36 months probation, is required to complete an 18-month alcohol education program, pay hundreds of dollars in fines and must complete a three-day county coroner program in which she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers.

"She's getting what everyone else would get," Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers said after an hourlong hearing before Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge H. Chester Horn Jr.

If Lohan were to be convicted of another DUI, she would receive a mandatory 120-day jail sentence, Meyers said.

Lohan's publicist did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment about the charges.

Lohan was charged earlier in the day with seven misdemeanors stemming from two drunken-driving arrests in the last four months. More serious felony drug charges were not filed, prosecutors said, because tests showed there wasn't enough cocaine on her to warrant them.

Attorney Blair Berk entered pleas on Lohan's behalf: she pleaded guilty to two counts of being under the influence of cocaine; no contest to two counts of driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08 percent and one count of reckless driving. Two counts of driving under the influence were dropped.

Lohan was arrested on May 26 in Beverly Hills and on July 24 in Santa Monica.

In each incident, the amount of cocaine tested was below the .05 grams required for felony charges, according to the district attorney's office.

Each of Lohan's arrests were followed by trips to rehab.

Lohan's legal problems come on the heels of two other high-profile celebrity DUI cases that resulted in jail time. Paris Hilton served 23 days behind bars after she was found guilty of driving on a suspended license while on probation for an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Nicole Richie was ordered to serve four days in jail stemming from a December DUI arrest.

Lohan crashed her Mercedes Benz into a tree on Sunset Boulevard in May and fled the scene to seek medical treatment. Police tests revealed that a white powder found in Lohan's purse was .04 grams of cocaine.

Lohan checked into the posh Promises rehabilitation facility in Malibu after the incident. She left the facility July 13 after six weeks of treatment. She was photographed wearing an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet after her release.

Lohan was arrested again on July 24 following a 911 call by Michelle Peck, the mother of Lohan's former personal assistant. Peck told police she was being chased by an SUV. Police later said Lohan was the driver.

Lohan's blood-alcohol level was between 0.12 and 0.13 percent when police found her, officials said. Police also found a white powder in her pocket that was determined to be .02 grams of cocaine.

She was enrolled in a drug rehab center in Sundance, Utah, attorneys said in court Thursday.

A woman who was a passenger in Michelle Peck's vehicle sued the actress this month for assault and negligence.

Tracie Rice's suit seeks unspecified damages and payment of medical and other expenses related to emotional distress.

Lohan started 2007 in rehab at the Wonderland Center in Los Angeles.

"I was growing up and going out a lot, and I needed to have a balance," she told Elle magazine during an interview in May, just days before her first DUI arrest. "I was glad I went, because I needed to get away from everyone and I didn't know how to do that. And I learned a lot there."

Lohan's latest film, "I Know Who Killed Me," opened in July to lackluster response.

Wow.

MSN Link: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=273311>1=7701&mpc=1

--------------------

Edited by Nickio (08/24/07 12:26 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: Nickio]
    #7328001 - 08/24/07 12:46 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

EVERY show and magazine in the world talks about these 3 "girls". No wonder why they cannot stop. Why should they? 1 day?? How many cameras there when she turns herself in for the 24 hours of hell. How much media speculation about what kind of a cell she will get? Geez..

We all want to talk about if the world is "better or worse" than it was. Well, if these are our "stars" Jessica Simpson, Lindsey, Brittney, Nicole, Paris ect. I think those who would vote worse have an argument.

I'm not mad at them though. Gotta respect the hustle. Especially considering the talent they all have, they've done well.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Invisibledutchmushroom
mushroom invader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outer Space
    #7328089 - 08/24/07 01:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

come the fuck on this is the shroomery not access hollywood, that stupid bitch going to jail is not the kinda story that should be posted here man,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill" < Grateful Dead!

The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began

GROWLIGHT KIT, 250w HPS Digital ballast, + Enhanced Spectrum bulb and Reflector Sale Or Trade!

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: dutchmushroom]
    #7328093 - 08/24/07 01:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Suck shit bitch

Offlineabesh
Warrior SixDelta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7328109 - 08/24/07 01:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers" :confused:

At the morgue?

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: abesh]
    #7328310 - 08/24/07 02:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

abesh said:
"she'll visit a morgue and talk to victims of drunken drivers" :confused:

I questioned that too... Isn't that considered somewhat "unusual" punishment?

creepy though....  :undecided:

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Edited by RipVanWinkle (08/24/07 02:15 AM)

Offlinekidaihuan
First Growery Ban
 User Gallery

Loc: Shanghai, China
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #7328472 - 08/24/07 03:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

At the morgue,

"Yeah, so drinking and driving is bad. Look at this dead body here, see it? See these places where the arms used to be? Yeah, pretty sad, huh? Yeah, this person was just walking along the road when they got hit by a drunk driver. It's unfortunate isn't it?"

"Oh, that's terrible, I'm never going to drink again and I'm going straight to church with Paris."

"Yeah... And like I said before, exploiting the victims of horrific accidents to scare people is something that works. See how the brain of the drunk driver is mush? Yeah, after the car accident that's what it looks like. It was because of the alcohol, with nothing to do with the severe head trauma. See, here's the brain of a non-drinker, see how this person's brain isn't mush? Yeah... we show this to school children."

And this is why I hate government!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: kidaihuan]
    #7328763 - 08/24/07 08:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

> And this is why I hate government!

You hate government because they show school children the damage that alcohol causes to the body and society? Sorry, but it was difficult to follow your rant.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineJive turkey
a black midget shemale
Male User Gallery

#7328885 - 08/24/07 09:41 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:whocares:

Offlineboomer q
Comrade General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: Jive turkey]
    #7328933 - 08/24/07 10:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

how do they let these bitches get away with this shit? its disgusting

--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

InvisibleTheDrake
Male User Gallery

Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: boomer q]
    #7328978 - 08/24/07 10:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"She's getting what everyone else would get," Deputy District Attorney Danette Meyers said after an hourlong hearing before Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge H. Chester Horn Jr.

i dont know about you guys,but id do a lot more time than 1 day for a dui and possesion of cocaine.

--------------------

Invisibleralphroks
humaniform

Loc: Up north passed Alaska
Re: Lohan Gets One Day in Jail on DUI Plea [Re: TheDrake]
    #7329122 - 08/24/07 11:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nobody wants to read about lindsey lohans DUI. But This article is current date, is not previously posted, is a news article and alcohol is a drug ,so its drug related and they mention cocaine. Justice is blind.

Yeh, lohan`s mom pimps her kid as a child actor and "looks the other way" about her problems because she doesnt want to be alienated from her little cash cow. allegedly they party together, and pimps do like to get hookers addicted to keep them around the supply.

Michael jackson nuff said.

--------------------
"Please read and learn and relay knowledge not misinformation! Thank you"-hyphae

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service