Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZeif
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Grey, Deminished Mycelium
    #7327000 - 08/23/07 07:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone this is my first post but read here frequently and feel this is a knowlegable community that can help me. So off to business. In a dream I have a MM Grow Bag inoculated with African Transkies. The bag was colonizing quickly. (1 week after innoc. 30% colonized) So i mixed it. No problems mycelium growth contiued steadily eating away at the substrate. After about a week after the mix a chunk of the bag changed from white mycelium to grey mycelium (though my room temps are at a digitally controlled 75F to 77F no hotter. I decieded to let it grow a little because no webs appeared to be forming on the the surface or substrate that resemebled cobweb. But this morning when i looked at it the whole top surface dimineshed to this grey color. No noticable odor, bag feels firm, the cake is roughly 90%-95% colonized (including the core) the sides of the bag look healthy and strong. Also on another note theres little shiny specks appearing on the surface. Could someone help me and tell me if this is bad? or good? Any help appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. my digi camera is broken atm tomor it should be fixed and ill photo it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZeif
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grey, Deminished Mycelium [Re: Zeif]
    #7327723 - 08/23/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Also I forgot to add, that i have quite a few rhizmorphic strands of mycelium poking directly straight up (90* angle) right off the grey and normal white mycelium. Dont know if this helps but just some more info.

InvisibleZeif
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7329752 - 08/24/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Nvm, found out it was cobweb, since this is bag 11 of 15 I decieded to do an experiment. Took roughly a gallon's worth of cowpoo mixed 2 cups of H202 (3%) with it and did an outdoor plug spawn. If it doesnt fruit o well, if it does ill post pix!

Offlinesimplystoned
Tree Wizard
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: K-Town up in this biache
    #7329811 - 08/24/07 01:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

keep me updated on that.

--------------------

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell which encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided
by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips,
has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter
has moistened with His own sacred tears." - Kahlil Gibran

InvisibleZeif
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Grey, Deminished Mycelium [Re: simplystoned]
    #7329964 - 08/24/07 02:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Heres some pix of it today after an hour or two of placing it outside, enjoy!

InvisibleZeif
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Grey, Deminished Mycelium UPDATE: Pinhead Pictures [Re: Zeif]
    #7358916 - 09/01/07 01:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well everybody waking up this morning after taking morning glories last night, was tough. But struggling outside to see my patch i notice some very happy things...

Although i was a bit worried when i saw this. I have no clue what it is but if someone could help me that'd be great!

Hope you all enjoyed the pix so far, more to come.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds