Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Ruled By Saturn
    #731169 - 07/08/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Recently I've been reading on the subject of Astrology. Not the kind you find in your weekly magazines that produce a weekly horoscope, but the kind actually based on the stars. I was born during the rule of saturn. I am a capricorn. I was just wondering if anyone else here is ruled by Saturn and if they have noticed anything? Let me explain. "Saturns placement at birth influences the person's work in life, their obstacles, the challenges that will test them and build character. Saturn shows how a person will mature, and how they will learn to cope with adversity. Saturn teaches transformation, and initiation. Saturn's rewards are the sweetest, for they are the hardest won. Afflictions to Saturn can create inhibition, timidity, cruelty, violence, melancholy, a knack for trouble, bad work situations, abuse of power, or resentment. "

I wouldnt say my life has been an easy, or a hard one. But there have been many struggles and obsticles. I have noticed the rule of saturn in my life. For example, some friends and I were trying to obtain a certain drug to seize the day, at first every supplier would be out. We would search everywhere, and ask everyone that knew what we were talking about. Yet, we would recieve no such luck. At the very end of the night (this being right before going back home to sleep), when we would think all was lost, someone would come through. It was as if we were rewarded for the hard struggle we were going through. A test, if you will. My friend being Aquarius, is half ruled by saturn. So its as if the "Saturn ruling" was magnified. This wasnt just one time, but every time. The same exact sequence.

Many of the obsticles i take place in dont have immediate rewards, but I am rewarded later. For example, I was trading my friend a guitar amplifier for a car amp, but i was losing 50 dollars in the deal that i thought i might need to pay for an upcoming bill. Yet, i traded anyways hoping everything would be alright in the end. Two days later a side job came up at my girlfriends Aunts house (this is the first time this job came up) where i made 50 dollars. It might be a coincidence, but Ive been having a lot of these coincidences. These arent the best examples, but they are all of what i can think of right now. Has anyone else experienced the rule of saturn in their life?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Ruled By Saturn [Re: thePatient]
    #731258 - 07/08/02 10:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, yes I am familiar with Saturn, as he is supposedly co-ruler of Aquarius. I often feel pulled between two vastly different worlds, as I'm on the Pisces/Aquarius cusp.

"People with strong Saturns are slow to change, so Saturn aspects often mean the difference between "normal" testing and Heavy Testing. Saturn shows how a person will mature, and how they will learn to cope with adversity. Saturn teaches transformation, and initiation.
Saturn's connection to the Earth is symbolic of its hard reality. Spirit, coping with material existence, is forced into transformation, and growth. Capricorn, ruled by constrictive Saturn, is always ready to remind us of harsh realities, and of the necessity for planning, and for caution. Capricorn is very careful of its dignity."

Saturn was in Scorpio at the time of my birth...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Edited by Adamist (07/08/02 10:33 AM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Ruled By Saturn [Re: Adamist]
    #731303 - 07/08/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

does this mean anything to you guys? tryin to get a lyric interpretation:

The Grudge

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell.

Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. Hang on or be humbled again.

Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end.
Saturn ascends, comes round again.
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten. Ignorant to the damage done.

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control.
Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper.

Defining, confining, controlling, and we're sinking deeper.

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

Saturn comes back around. Lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go.

Give away the stone.
Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone.
Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
Let go.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Ruled By Saturn [Re: Blastrid]
    #731577 - 07/08/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Saturn has a 28 year orbit through the 12 signs of the zodiac. Saturn stays in each sign a little over two years, and it's influence is said to create great tests and challenges to overcome. Around the ages of 7, 14, 28, and 55 are examples of Saturn returning, bringing obstacles and change. Saturn's tests are more difficult when we have been resistant to change, or procrastinated about things that matter.

This is my interpretation of The Grudge...
I think it's about the grudge a mostly male dominated race has been holding towards the female.
Balance is necessary in any relationship...
Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. Hang on or be humbled again.
When Saturn comes into influence we are provided the oppurtunity for change. We are provided a choice between the 1 or the 10. I think 1 is a symbol for the phallus (i.e. Crowley) and 0 for the yoni (or female principle). So 1 alone is male, while 10 is the male and female united, the transcendence of either sex. This choice is provided to both the individual and the human race as a whole. Tool covers both the micro and macrocosms...
Defining, confining, sinking deeper. Controlling, defining, and we're sinking deeper.
The damage a male dominated culture can do is evident throughout history, referred to here as "sinking".
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.
The reference to a child is talking about the sex-less innocence of children, how when they are young they hold no grudges.
Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away your grudge and let the waters (the "Goddess" or female creation force) turn it into gold...
Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.
Throughout most of monarchical history, the King traditonally "wore the crown."

On a side note, I think the name of the album "Lateralus" means Lateral Us, or "equalize us", (i.e. both hemispheres of the brain).
This is all my opinion of course... Tool is all about your own interpretation.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineCougheeman
enthusiast
    #732572 - 07/08/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you guys most likily seen this before... but here's a link http://www.toolpantheon.com/lateralus_meanings.htm

talks about the correaltion between lateralus and the Qabala, in depth insight into all the songs on lateralus.

--------------------
Aum Namah Sivaya

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #732577 - 07/08/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if that interpretation was Tool's actual message, but I like it nonetheless.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #733218 - 07/09/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

wow, awesome interpretation.

as for the name of the album, that idea fits extremely well. Most of the album seems to have themes regarding seperation, and/or convergence, and equalization of two parts. the grudge does, as does Patient, Shism, then there's the two parabol and parabola (the opposites)... ahh such a masterpiece.
Thanks!

T-minus 9 days til the Tool concert....

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Edited by Blastrid (07/09/02 08:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale