Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: Why do they smoke weed on it's own in America? [Re: Nibin]
    #7325957 - 08/23/07 02:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I live in Canada, and I've never smoked tobacco rolled with weed. That's fucking disgusting. Blunts, fine.. but shredded tobacco in the joint? WTF. Burns at a fine speed without tobacco in there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Loc: Earth, today...
Re: Why do they smoke weed on it's own in America? [Re: Brugman]
    #7326031 - 08/23/07 02:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i don't understand why you go out and buy chronic weed, then mix it with tobacco to "smoke more." the idea of buying good weed is so you have to smoke less. if your willing to smoke such large amounts, you might as well just substitue the weed and tobaccoo for all weed joint of middies. you'l get just as high.

why turn ur nuggets into middies?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Why do they smoke weed on it's own in America? [Re: moon_glue]
    #7326044 - 08/23/07 02:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The only real reason for wet weed is to rip people off by selling them water weight.

Not exactly...though I have come across some shady dealers who would add water to their weed!

Usually (around here) you get wet weed because there has been a drought (of weed) in the area and some commercial grower just wants to get his weed out ASAP. It's been dried for, at the most, two days usually with some heat.

The outside of the bud dries before the insides have dried out...so what may feel dry isn't actually dry! Pop that stuff in a bag for a few days...and it'll come out wet :frown:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

#7326061 - 08/23/07 02:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

also, a well rolled joint will burn for a long time with just weed. sometimes it helps if you humidify dry weed. or if you buy better quality papers.

theres also a right way and a wrong way to smoke joints. most people just don't know to smoke them right. I've seen some stupid shit when sharing joints. some peopel take long hits, or quick successive hits. this causes the cherry to heat up to much, so give it a chance to cool down! some people feel the need to blow the ash off every damn second, this blows of some off the cherry you could have smoked as well as allow the cherry to get more oxygen.

you want to take small hits, and mix those hits with a breath of fresh air before exhaling. i can make a skinny little joint burn for a long time and get very stoned.

PS:Blunts are for wiggers only.

Edited by moon_glue (08/23/07 02:45 PM)

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #7326077 - 08/23/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I have noticed that a nice tightly rolled joint will almost quit smoldering if you don't inhale for 5 second. I won't let any of my friends roll my weed up, I am quite particular about how I roll. I hate twisted pregnant joints and ones the run and are loosely rolled. It ruins the whole smoking experience if someone doesn't roll right.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #7326084 - 08/23/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, the only time I smoke blunts is with my wigger friend :smile:

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Why do they smoke weed on it's own in America? [Re: trendal]
    #7326090 - 08/23/07 02:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I hear you on that. Unfortunatly every year this time of year it gets rather dry and you see a little weed like that. I got some crap that was 500 a half pound and it fit into one normal sandwich bag ( not a freezer bag a sandwich bag ), needless to say that got turned into almost 200 brownies to last me for a while.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #7326188 - 08/23/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

moon_glue said:

PS:Blunts are for wiggers only.

:grin:  :werd:

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

#7326203 - 08/23/07 03:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This reminds me of a technique I would use sometimes when I would smoke joints by myself:

I would get a bag of some really good bud. The kind of shit with beautiful crystals that smells like a bag of blueberries.

Then I would get a bigger bag of some mid-grade shit. Not the amazing shit, but definitely far from dirt. The kind of shit with some good red hairs, but not a ton of crystals. Maybe 3 to 10 seeds per quarter.

Then I would chop up a few hits worth of the diesel shit, and the better part of a joint-worth of the mid-grade, and roll that shit up. That way, I could casually smoke 1/2 a joint by myself. It still tasted great, and I would still get really blazed, without having to burn up a ton of really expensive bud while I wasn't toking it.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

#7326237 - 08/23/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Generally:

1- Weed tastes a million times better than tobacco. Especially high-quality bud. Even if it's good tobacco.

2- Tobacco is far worse for you, especially if you hold hits in like weed. I tend to hold my hits for a long time, and a lot of American smokers I have known do as well.

3- Joints aren't that wasteful if you're smoking in a group. With 3 or more people, the thing is being hit and passed more or less constantly.

4- If you roll it right, it burns slower, as has been mentioned.

5- Lots of people prefer smoking from pipes or bongs. That would normally be my preferred method, especially when alone. Virtually no waste.

6- Most importantly... when I smoke, I smoke to get quite high. I prefer to feel so stoned I'm almost tripping. How high I get typically has to do with how quickly a given amount of the drug enters my bloodstream. Large hits of pure marijuana smoke is just about the best way to achieve this. If I only want to get slightly stoned, I only take a couple smaller hits.

There are way too many reasons to list, and most of them have been said repeatedly in this thread. It just seems that there are a lot of benefits to smoking it pure, and less to smoking a mix, IMO.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do they smoke weed on it's own in America? [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #7326265 - 08/23/07 03:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ok. But then why do they mix mj with tobacco in Europe?

Weed isn't in short supply, worst quality or more expensive than in the US. The same as in the US there is places that it is cheaper or better quality than others but I'm talking in avarage here.

In fact, we don't get any of that nasty mexican brick stuff and people are very selective on getting only buds here, not even the leaves around the buds.

So i don't go with the saving weed theory. Also we roll huge joint compared to yours, so in the end they contain the same amount of weed.

So why is it done?

Is it the influece due to smoking hash 8which is smoked with tobacco), of which we get a lot of as we are closer to hashish producing areas such as northern africa?

Is it because we prefer the mellower smoke of weed mixed with tobacco compared to you wanting a high fast?

Is it because tobacco is hugely frowned upon in the US compared to here? (even though tabacco laws are stricter in Europe I seem to find Americans more prejudiced against tabacco smokers than in Europe, probably because you are ahead of us in the acceptance that tabacco is really bad shit)?

Ideas anyone?

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: TM]
    #7326301 - 08/23/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TM said:
Good* weed deserves to have its taste enjoyed all by itself.

Mediocre* weed needs to be mixed with tobacco to improve its flavor.

Good weed:

Mixing good* (quality weed) with tobacco is sacrilege!

Mediocre weed (or worse):

Who would mix tobacco with schwag?!?! I smoke joints I love em! I smoke spliffs. I smoke spliffs because weed that is crazy good costs a hundo for 4.5 a bat hit would do the trick but i smoke and love J's. Good weed still tastes good with tobac..... Good weed lasts a lot longer mixed. I'm a smoker..... If I start a joint of straight weed, i wouldn't be doing much all day. Smoking a bowl packs wurth with a pinch of tobacco stretches it out or me. I can smoke a few hits put it out. I can also walk down the street or drive down the road and it helps mask the scent a bit.

Shit ain't cheap so I like to stretch it.

Non tobacco smokers will never understand.

Schwag shouldn't be smoked period! If smoked atleast in blunts to help hide the horrible taste.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #7326337 - 08/23/07 04:00 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I can't believe anybody anywhere would smoke that. Is that the Mexican Brick weed Americans are always talking about?

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7326354 - 08/23/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Gads, me and a few friends had a grocery bag half-full of that shit for free when we bought a bunch of acid once.

You can't even load bowls with that stuff. More like scooping it up out of the bag...but it was nice to have a shitload of weed during the ensuing epic acid trip.

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7326355 - 08/23/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

no that's not weed....that would be dirt. that would be the low of low. I have probably only seen shit that bad one time, and I doubt it was even that bad. Most middle grade weed I see is still green and in nugget form. But yeah, I guess that would be ultimate most extreme example of schwag.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: daytripper05]
    #7326366 - 08/23/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Some friends and I got some terrible weed once... it was brown bust still in nug-form. We ate a KFC mega meal and smoked bowl after bowl of that shit. What a bunch of sad faces. It was even worse than having no weed at all.

And it was still ten times better than THAT shit.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#7326377 - 08/23/07 04:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Look at all those seeds. Must smell of fried chicken when you burn that stuff, lol.

If I get a single seed in my weed I never buy off that guy again. Luckily you don't see it often here.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: Nibin]
    #7326390 - 08/23/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Everyonce in a while I will find seeds in my bud, but very rarely. And it's like 1 in an 1/8. It's not that big of a deal with me as long as it doesn't happen regularly.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: Nibin]
    #7326393 - 08/23/07 04:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've smoked with and without tobacco, Some of the better bud I enjoy the taste of and don't want tobacco interfering with it.

If I want to smoke tobacco I have lots of choices.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinemoon_glue
Orwell's Post9/11 Era
Male

Re: Why do you Americans smoke weed on it's own? [Re: Ripple]
    #7326458 - 08/23/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i think its funny how pot heads around where i live kiss their dealers ass. They will buy some lousy shit, complain about it all night, run out and go back to the same guy.

if people had any control over themselves instead of being little junkie potheads, all weed would be seedless at least.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale