Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSubterfuge
NeuroscientificWannabe
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Desert, NM
DMT and Psychedelic Awakening
    #7313553 - 08/20/07 09:07 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I had an interesting conversation with a friend tonight. It was mainly a one sided discussion of how we have kind of blocked our mental evolution by making the use of psychedelics looked down upon.

I am of the belief that the ancients were on to something with their DMT containing brews. Terrence McKenna said that the mere presence of DMT in the brain at trace levels indicates that we were on the path to a linguistic evolution, allowing for the use of a language that is portrayed through imagery resulting from the sounds we create.

I am of the belief that by placing DMT and other 5HT2 active compounds in the brain allows the use of neurological pathways that in the end increase our IQ. Is it possible that through universal and sustained usage and exploration of psychedelic mindstates, that we will eventually incorporate these chemicals as endogenous neurotransmitters?

I believe that if we start along a path of psychedelic reawakening in our culture, that we will be on this path. Look at scientists like Richard Feynman who have thanked LSD for the insights and mind states that helped in the his research.

Personally I think that when consuming psychedelics we are thrown into a state that without proper direction, will overwhelm us with irrational, or incomprehensible thought patterns. Possibly the non-linear trains of thought are a result of the inability to structure our inebriated thought processes in our normal memory, and that experience will yield an adaptation of our memory in general. Many have experienced through meditation and body work the ability to focus their expanded mind states, however few have claimed to being in absolute control of their thought patterns. Possibly through long term practice, we will be more capable of utilizing these mind states (although they generally provide us with just the insight we're looking for when we need it). Possibly through evolution, we will become more adept to using these tools productively in the first place!

It's a great subject matter, comment away!

--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and Psychedelic Awakening [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7313601 - 08/20/07 09:23 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Really?!! Feynman took acid?? That is fucking awesome.

I know that a recent Nobel Prize in Chemistry winner credited psychedelics with opening his mind to the possibility of new models for understanding the sub-molecular.

Someone needs to dose Hawking.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: DMT and Psychedelic Awakening [Re: Lion]
    #7314156 - 08/20/07 12:19 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I share similar sentiments.

I remember having a DMT trip where I was being mocked by something for actually having to smoke DMT to achieve the effect; that it was quite primitive to be filling my lungs with hot vapor to get 'there', and that it was quite accessible through other means which required nothing external of myself.

I can't help but think that the evolution of human consciousness hinges on endogenous DMT. I actually talked to Rick Strassman about this and he felt the same way. DMT feels so natural/organic to the mind and body. I feel totally complete, present, and fulfilled when I am in hyperspace; taken to a place where reality is my plaything, anything seems possible, and all questions are answered. I feel like I become awakened into a state where I would never need to sleep again were I to stay there, simply because it's so awesome, engaging, beautiful, and fulfilling that I would never want to miss a wink of it.

If life is a dream, the DMT world is the other side of it, and it's the best dream come true.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

OfflineSubterfuge
NeuroscientificWannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: DMT and Psychedelic Awakening [Re: Grok]
    #7314687 - 08/20/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Very profound. I've yet to experience DMT, although through meditation in the past I've felt as though I've found hints of its presence inside me. It's very interesting to me that it exists in the first place. Maybe it is some sort of ultimate test in the human experiment.

Do we stay here, with our material possessions and worldly affirmations of self worth? Do we allow greed and hatred to become the inertia of our evolutionary path? Power and control seem to be the ultimate downfall of the human race, and I firmly believe that a little enlightenment, some of us, if not all of us, can attain what we were on the road for; evolution. If not ourselves, our children, or their children. Hopefully, someday we will be capable of letting this physical plane go, and embracing what it truly is to be alive, to be conscious. For I have believed since my flirtation with psychedelics began, that what we can see, hear, smell, taste, and touch, is not the true substance of life; rather it is the energy which courses through the intricate circuitry of our brains, waiting to be freed, to be capable of existence and free will without the need for the fleshy and physical handicaps of the human brain.

--------------------

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

#7317725 - 08/21/07 12:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think any aspect of life is a test or experiment. More of a game. I kind of believe that endogenous DMT is the hinge point for a spiritual metamorphosis that could take place across all of humanity. Obviously our DNA has configured our brain with DMT in mind (and all psychedelics, when you think about it.)

I had another DMT trip where my awareness became completely immersed in 'divine' DNA. Golden double-helices with stunningly beautiful red and blue patterns and all sorts of glyphs and eyes. Apparently S. American shamans who've used Ayahuasca have been aware of DNA for ages with the help of Ayahuasca (something I've read, I have no personal evidence of this). Many other DMT users report similar DNA-focused trips.

I have a lot of pessimism about humanity. While I'm quite sure that there is the possibility of a worldwide spiritual/psychedelic revolution, it's very possible that some such thing will never happen. Most people are too attached to the world with debt, ego, comfort, and security to want anything that would challenge their sleepwalking bread and circus routine. It's been a long time coming for humanity - billions of years of evolution have lead to this point and instead of evolving and marching into the next frontier we will stagnate and destroy ourselves because of greed, ignorance, and fear. Sick ugly shit.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.

OfflineSubterfuge
NeuroscientificWannabe
Male User Gallery

#7317773 - 08/21/07 12:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I unfortunately share the same distaste and belief for us as a whole. However, individually we've got a shot at it.

I've got some P. Viridis and P. Harmala coming in the mail, of course today is devoted to my Cyanogenic Glycoside experiments with LSA, but sometime soon I'll finally get my taste of DMT.

--------------------

Invisibledeimya
tofu and monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: ausländer.ch
    #7317854 - 08/21/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder what would be the aftermath of a globally dispersed DMT aerosol. I'm sure nobody would pass through it undisturbed. A worldwide enlightenment maybe ?

I tend to ignore pessimistic emotions, it leads nowhere and more often than not has its roots in unrealistic expectations toward others. It's hard to dismiss its causes though :frown: .

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Re: DMT and Psychedelic Awakening [Re: deimya]
    #7318436 - 08/21/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

deimya said:
I wonder what would be the aftermath of a globally dispersed DMT aerosol. I'm sure nobody would pass through it undisturbed. A worldwide enlightenment maybe ?

Most likely the world would reek of DMT. Which would be fine with me because I absolutely love the smell of it! It'd be impossible for simply breathing a widespread aerosol to deliver the required dose in the limited amount of time before your ego enzymes go into a frenzy and break it down. Some people have a hard enough time getting the proper dose through vaporizing it. 

Quote:

I tend to ignore pessimistic emotions, it leads nowhere and more often than not has its roots in unrealistic expectations toward others. It's hard to dismiss its causes though :frown: .

True.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7318740 - 08/21/07 05:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Which would be fine with me because I absolutely love the smell of it!

I couldn't agree more; it's one of the most impressive and interesting and alluring smells I have ever come across. It smells alien trippy.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (08/21/07 05:21 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #7842771 - 01/07/08 09:27 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Subterfuge said:I am of the belief that by placing DMT and other 5HT2 active compounds in the brain allows the use of neurological pathways that in the end increase our IQ. Is it possible that through universal and sustained usage and exploration of psychedelic mindstates, that we will eventually incorporate these chemicals as endogenous neurotransmitters?

Imagine a technology that allows the user to spontaneously release, remove, and regulate entheogens in their minds at will.

I'd imagine that advanced alien cultures would already have developed such technology, and that is how they are able to master the DMT-verse (assuming it exists).

Great discussion here!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Edited by pattern (01/07/08 09:29 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom