Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWonderland420
WTF
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history
    #7287389 - 08/12/07 12:05 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Law enforcement officials today announced the 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history.
In a press release, the Sheriff's Department said 134,082 marijuana plants that ranged in height from 1 foot to 3 feet were found at the Bear Creek drainage off United States Forest Service Route 1. Eradication of the garden took place from Monday to Thursday.

The area is located approximately 35 miles south of Berry Summit off State Highway 299. The garden sites were located on Green Diamond Timber Company property and United States Forest Service property.

The press release said officers located evidence in the garden sites that linked the marijuana gardens to a Mexican drug trafficking organization. No suspects were located near the gardens.

At harvest time, the marijuana plants would have an estimated street value of $469 million, the Sheriff's Department said.

The California Attorney General's Office Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, or CAMP, the United States Forest Service, the Humboldt County Drug Task Force, the Eureka Police Department, and the United States Coast Guard assisted the Sheriff's Department in the effort.

This case is under investigation.

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_6593920?source%253Dmost_viewed.20F88DA3D7D369F5BB70F372987EAE1F.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepeaceandlove
Iron Lung
Male User Gallery

Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: Wonderland420]
    #7287403 - 08/12/07 12:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

wow....that is.... a lot of pot

--------------------
"For the Horde!"

OfflineHumboldtheaven
Stranger

Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: peaceandlove]
    #7287688 - 08/12/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

god dammit.

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: Wonderland420]
    #7287790 - 08/12/07 02:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

134,082 plants 1-3 feet tall = half of a billion dollars?

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #7288999 - 08/12/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pinkfloydms said:

The article said that "At harvest time, the marijuana plants would have an estimated street value of $469 million..."  So no, not at 1-3ft.

By that point in time, I'm sure many of the clones would have turned male or been eliminated from the grow for some other reason.  But I believe that that many plants, grown to maturity and sold for $65 an eighth or maybe broken into nickels and dimes might pull that much street value.

Still, I gotta say I'm bummed - and this may mean a friend of mine is gonna lose his fall job.  That'll make him sad:(

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: BrandNoob]
    #7289376 - 08/12/07 10:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

damn humblodt has the dankest weed ive ever smoked i think the strain was TNT anyways holy shit! tons of weed!!!! fuckin feds:nonono:

--------------------

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: BrandNoob]
    #7292156 - 08/13/07 08:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BrandNoob said:
Quote:

pinkfloydms said:

The article said that "At harvest time, the marijuana plants would have an estimated street value of $469 million..." So no, not at 1-3ft.

By that point in time, I'm sure many of the clones would have turned male or been eliminated from the grow for some other reason. But I believe that that many plants, grown to maturity and sold for $65 an eighth or maybe broken into nickels and dimes might pull that much street value.

Still, I gotta say I'm bummed - and this may mean a friend of mine is gonna lose his fall job. That'll make him sad:(

Clones do not turn into males. They are exactly genetic the the previous plant, a female.

Offlinespun
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7292478 - 08/13/07 10:17 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

damn! they found it before i did

OfflineBrandNoob
The REALAmerican Hero!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Potland, OR
Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: wireless]
    #7292503 - 08/13/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Clones do not turn into males. They are exactly genetic the the previous plant, a female.

Well, the article didn't say that they were clones.  And plants grown from seed do turn male as well as hermaphroditic.  I don't know much about cannabis cultivation.  This isn't a competition. 

I was just attempting to explain the article to someone who was having trouble understanding it.  That was why he was incredulous to the police's estimate.  I also don't pay $65 for an eighth, I'm just trying to show the rationale behind their extrapolation.

I'm sorry for offending you, however, as it is obvious you have more inside knowledge about this particular grow operation than I expected;)

I am also sorry for anyone who has to pay $65 an eighth, because that's just ridiculous.  Though I *have* heard of it, and the cops *do* love to make big numbers to justify big expenses.  And maybe to win big budget increases:mad:

--------------------
All posts were channeled through the user by typing the thoughts of telepathic beings.  All photos are of paranormal origin and do not represent the physical world, as we know it.  BrandNoob shall not be held accountable for the actions of deceased or hyperdimensional individuals.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7309428 - 08/19/07 02:09 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It won't even make a dent in this years harvest.  :shrug: :bigblunt:

OfflineShroomgobbler
Beginner
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Officials announce 'largest marijuana garden' bust in Humboldt County history [Re: Middleman]
    #7309480 - 08/19/07 02:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

amen middleman. :laugh:

--------------------
Light the doobie till it glows like a ruby
After which they couldn't find the villain like Scooby.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds