Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
The Root of all Evil
    #7309003 - 08/18/07 10:49 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

This is an often heard saying in reference to money. it seems to imply that money has a mind and volition of it's own...that it's influence is independent of human nature. When some guy starts behaving like a shit head because he managed to accumulate some money, people often blame it on the money. They say that it went to his head. You rarely hear that the guy was already a shit head, but required some cash to fully express himself.

In our society the poor and the middle classes have been programmed to see money as corrupt. I often hear rich people maligned for being rich. On this board I often see it expressed that money is not spiritual, and that one must lead a sparse and spare existence to be "spiritual". I am starting to see that this is nonsense. It is based in the programming invented by those with a vested interest in keeping a certain portion of the population poor. I am starting to feel that when one leads a full life physically, mentally, and spiritually that one must be well rounded. One must have as good a state of physical health as they can, they must be psychologically well adjusted, and possess adequate resources to support them. An abundance of wealth would be a boon to anyone on a spiritual path. If one looks at Maslow's hierarchy of needs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_needs

one sees that Maslow thought that adequate physical resources were mandatory for self actualization. It is very clear to me that possessing negative, self defeating attitudes about wealth makes it quite impossible to truly accumulate it. So, now I propose that a spiritual person must have access to wealth to fully actualize their life in a balanced manner.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: The Root of all Evil *DELETED* [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7309028 - 08/18/07 10:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted

InvisibleLateForTheFuture
Old Hand
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The Root of all Evil [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7309031 - 08/18/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
This is an often heard saying in reference to money. it seems to imply that money has a mind and volition of it's own...that it's influence is independent of human nature. When some guy starts behaving like a shit head because he managed to accumulate some money, people often blame it on the money. They say that it went to his head. You rarely hear that the guy was already a shit head, but required some cash to fully express himself.

In our society the poor and the middle classes have been programmed to see money as corrupt. I often hear rich people maligned for being rich. On this board I often see it expressed that money is not spiritual, and that one must lead a sparse and spare existence to be "spiritual". I am starting to see that this is nonsense. It is based in the programming invented by those with a vested interest in keeping a certain portion of the population poor. I am starting to feel that when one leads a full life physically, mentally, and spiritually that one must be well rounded. One must have as good a state of physical health as they can, they must be psychologically well adjusted, and possess adequate resources to support them. An abundance of wealth would be a boon to anyone on a spiritual path. If one looks at Maslow's hierarchy of needs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_needs

one sees that Maslow thought that adequate physical resources were mandatory for self actualization. It is very clear to me that possessing negative, self defeating attitudes about wealth makes it quite impossible to truly accumulate it. So, now I propose that a spiritual person must have access to wealth to fully actualize their life in a balanced manner.

Interesting... your point is well taken. Thanks :]

Invisibleelbisivni
    #7309039 - 08/18/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Talk about being a step ahead of the game, kudos man.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7309097 - 08/18/07 11:32 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

All I can do is agree with you.
Yes, the idea that money are evil is a social imprint and it serves it's purposes.
It's convenient to make a belief based on that attitude because it abolishes one of personal responsibility and who wants that? :rolleyes:
It's so much easier to blame the money for the bad choices we make, blame the preacher for the decisions we make, blame statistics on violence for buying a gun.
It's all the same... I strongly suspect that deep inside nobody really falls for this bull shit and that nobody feels like being helpless in all that but they choose to proliferate and support this kind of attitude because life is "easier" that way.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: The Root of all Evil [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7309109 - 08/18/07 11:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Money is not the root of all evil, The LOVE of money is...

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: The Root of all Evil [Re: Middleman]
    #7309117 - 08/18/07 11:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It's funny to see how hating or resenting rich people generates love of money (for the same person). :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The Root of all Evil [Re: Chubba]
    #7309124 - 08/18/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The thing about wealth is, that the majority of it comes at the expense of others wealth... that's how the system works and that's my main problem with it.

I think you have misconceptions about this subject. This was the point of my post.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#7309168 - 08/19/07 12:01 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7309203 - 08/19/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You don't need money to be physically healthy, that's for sure.

This is like saying you don't need to think to live life.
Of course on can live and be an ignorant moron, but when one starts to think, that quality of his life grows.

Quote:

Though beyond simple shelter and some form of transport, I don't see how wealth helps the spiritual quest at all?

I'll give you an example (or of many) on how money can make one become more "spiritual", more aware.
They help you travel, get to know different cultures, people life styles and as a result to all that you grow in understanding. Like everything else that gives you a multitude of points of view. :shrug:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7309208 - 08/19/07 12:16 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, money is nothing more than a MEASUREMENT of energy.

It's all on us how we use it...

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
    #7309236 - 08/19/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

You don't need money to be physically healthy, that's for sure.

Are you kidding? Those days are gone when people used to live, simply by breathing prana. :muppet:

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: The Root of all Evil *DELETED* [Re: Middleman]
    #7309248 - 08/19/07 12:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7309268 - 08/19/07 12:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm a student on a below poverty line budget.

The fact that you are a student means that a certain amount of wealth has been put aside to house, feed, and educate you that you apparently would not appreciate unless it vanished. A college student is not poverty stricken by virtue of the fact that they can afford to attend college. There are many who cannot afford this. Your understanding of wealth is from the view of one who takes it for granted...not one bereft of it. I...in my life...HAVE lived in a poverty stricken condition hanging out there by the seat of my ass supporting a family with no help from anyone, and no possibility of having the time or money for an education. I certainly appreciate what I have earned. Another attitude that I feel prevents the accumulation of wealth is the attitude of non appreciation for what we DO have.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7309275 - 08/19/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm confused? I said you don't need money to be physically healthy. I'm a student on a below poverty line budget... yet I'm perfectly healthy, a great athlete and eat a good diet. Are we on different wavelengths here?

"You" are an isolated case. Meaning... you can't generally speak that one can remain healthy even if one doesn't have money. Therefore the point your you were trying to make with your example is null.

Quote:

No doubt money can provide opportunities, I can't argue against that. Though a lot of people to gain the money sacrifice certain lifestyles, free time and other factors that can negate their spiritual journey.

Here's an example.

I choose not to work as a student, a lot of others work part time. They can afford to go on holidays oversea's (as per your example), but they have absolutely not free time ever during there semesters. Me, I can't afford anything, but I got all the free time in the world to read texts, go out and meet different people, write music, do art.

Choosing the path of little wealth benefits me greatly in that regard?

You example doesn't apply to everybody. :grin:
You were wondering about how could having money bring awareness into one's life and I gave you an example.
Simple as that.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The Root of all Evil [Re: Middleman]
    #7309277 - 08/19/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't spirituality the manipulation of energy when one sees it's core?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7309290 - 08/19/07 12:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. Money is another form of personal power. The ways that it can bring awareness are myriad.

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#7309307 - 08/19/07 12:55 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7309308 - 08/19/07 12:59 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Bullshit. You think no one pays for your college. The government uses taxes to pay for it. Just because your doing it on someone else's dime doesn't mean the money is not there. Open your eyes.

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#7309313 - 08/19/07 01:01 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Chubba

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds