Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: lukeboots]
    #7306236 - 08/17/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
Quote:

TameMe said:
if you enjoy it when you're alone but not with your friends...it sounds like you are smoking with the wrong people.

i've felt the exact same way before. one time at a friends house after smoking a joint...everyone was just sitting there slouched over...same old shit day after day....and i got up started ranting about how fucking boring it all was and just fucking kept going on and on about how we could be doing something great (like change the world). the whole facial expression thing was bad for me. i would literally tense up all of my muscles and just freeze in my chair because i couldn't even figure out the "proper" way of moving was....i was very anxious/paranoid.

luckily that faze passed...it was hell for awhile.

The whole ranting and raving thing sounds like something I'd do. I'm glad it hasn't come to that yet. I have a feeling my 'friends' would just say "wow dude, settle down" and go back to smoking.

I just abandoned my two roommates because they're heading off to a stoner gathering. They aren't friendly, hippy stoners either. They're weird pseudo-rap fans, and they act like they're ten. One of my roommates was bringing a beer bong, so I decided to stay home and read some Twain. :shrug:

I definitely need new friends. I think I'll join an activist group or something.

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets consciously confused by his own facial expressions. I feel like I'm always giving off a weird mood when I'm stoned.

weed just magnifies what is already there in your mind.

i don't think i would like hanging out with your friends. to me they sound like the kind of guys that have to keep up this appearance of looking "hard" all the time (i guess to intimidate or just to be cocky). pot smoking with them....i wouldn't even consider it pot smoking. it fucking might as well be crack they are smoking.

i definitely use pot for recreation...but i also view it as a inspirational/motivational/spiritual tool.

oh and "wow dude, settle down" was the reaction i got out of my friends when that rant took place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7306247 - 08/17/07 09:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DrCamacho89 said:
  I smoked twice since then, both in the same weekend, a few weekends ago.  I got stoned out of my head.  It was a good time. 

what up that was from my stash :grin:

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: TameMe]
    #7306249 - 08/17/07 09:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well, my friends aren't like gangster wannabes or anything.. I just don't feel like I belong when I'm there.

For the record, I don't feel like I belong when I'm with my roommates, either - which is why I'm moving out.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: mikeytro]
    #7306254 - 08/17/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I just hope I don't make the mistake of replacing one negative habit (in my case!) with another.

well, that's entirely up to you honestly.  You don't have to replace it with anything, you have the choice of replacing it with habits that can be healthy like working out or being creative.  I'm not sure if this was in response to me saying my cousin liked drinking more then smoking, i wouldn't say he replaced smoking with drinking, he just prefers the buzz more.  He's hardly an alky, he drinks more then me by choice when we're together, but if it came down to it i could drink him under the table in a contest. :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Edited by coda (08/17/07 09:59 PM)

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: coda]
    #7306278 - 08/17/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Mentioning that your cousin liked drinking more is what sparked that comment, yes. But I didn't mean that he was replacing addictions or anything - just that I want to make sure I don't.

I think that physical exertion is going to be the most helpful thing in this change of lifestyle. Otherwise, like was said before, getting to bed is going to be a royal biatch.

--------------------

OfflineOneRainyWish
Dragon
Male
Re: It finally happened to me. *DELETED* [Re: lukeboots]
    #7306280 - 08/17/07 10:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by OneRainyWish

Reason for deletion: security

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: OneRainyWish]
    #7306284 - 08/17/07 10:10 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

For real. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling positive. I took one hit and fell asleep fairly quickly last night. I think tonight might be the same way. Since I'll be alone, I'm going to smoke a bit and clean my room. Like I said, I still enjoy solitary "projects" when I'm high... just not sitting around. =/

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#7306285 - 08/17/07 10:11 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yah, it sucks for a day or two, but in the long run not smoking before bed is the best thing you can do. Heavy cannabis use, and especially use directly before sleep, interrupts the REM cycle and prohibits you from entering deep sleep. Ever wonder why you wake up the next day feeling tired as fuck even though you may have slept 12 hrs? That's why, even though you slept for a long while your body never truly entered deep sleep and your rest was incomplete.

Also, your dreams are more constant and vivid since you enter REM sleep while abstaining from smoking. I'm currently home with my parents on vacation and have smoked twice in the past week and 1/2 since i wanted to take a break. Not only have i had more dreams but i've been getting better sleep. Mind you i cut my habit down back home to a few bowls a day, but cutting it down to none has made sleep and dreams much more enjoyable.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: coda]
    #7306292 - 08/17/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I've gotta keep that in mind. I sure do love smoking and feeling my head sink into the pillow.. oh, the luxury.. but I'm sure I'll get used to sober shut-eye. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7306351 - 08/17/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

right after i hit the submit button i realized...that my guess at what your friends were like was probably wrong. i mean, i like some rap music, and a good friend of mine likes most rap music and is by far no means a thug (he's actually a dude that has a gimp short arm, owns his own business and is the first of my friends to take out a mortgage on a home). not sure why i automatically associated likeness of rap to wannabe gangster....maybe had something to do with me reading some shit earlier on these forums this ignorant racist ass wrote.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7306372 - 08/17/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I'm with you. Smoking pot is rarely fun for me either. I no longer smoke by myself. I will smoke with others, depending on who I'm with. It used to provide hours of entertainment for me everyday, now it just doesn't. I too have an urge to read.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
Re: It finally happened to me. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7306796 - 08/18/07 05:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i think that drugs are pretty boring, except shrooms but that's cos i hardly ever get to do them, most drugs aren't all they are cracked up to be.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #7306834 - 08/18/07 06:28 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

fuck, reading the thread title i thought you were gonna say you got tranny surprise

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder