Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
reaching the gnostic state?
    #724961 - 07/05/02 02:17 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I have read about reaching this state so that one may overcome ones pychic censor. However I am slightly confused on how to do it. please explain more.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #725310 - 07/05/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

whas gnostic mean?

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: nugsarenice]
    #725873 - 07/06/02 04:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #730502 - 07/08/02 03:09 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

gnosis...
direct spiritual knowledge...
the gnostics were the first major "heresy" to be encountered by the emerging christian church of the first few centuries of the "common erea"...
the credos developed by the church hierarchy (apostles', nicene, and athanasian) were, in part, an attempt to state christian beliefs in such a way as to exclude those who considered themselves gnostic christians...
there are a few gnostic websites, and some christian groups that consider themselves to be gnostic are functioning in today's world...
many of the early gnostic christian communities practiced election to church offices, rotating leadership, allowing women to hold church offices, etc... and the development of their complex theology (or theologies?) is a fascinating subject...
maybe at www.sacred-texts.com or www.davidwiley.com you can find some info & maybe some links about this little bit of history, mmmmm?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #730561 - 07/08/02 04:21 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

True Gnosis is about Union with the Pleroma [Greek: 'Fullness']. The Pleroma is the 'Fullness of the Godhead.' It is not attained, it is Given through the Grace of God. God is acknowledged as being at once Personal and Suprapersonal (or, as we say today, Transpersonal). "Seek, and ye shall find; ask, and it shall be given thee." There are, of course, preconditions for the reception of Grace, and God's 'hand' cannot be forced. A certain purity of heart is required. "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Gnosis is not about acquiring a state that is merely free of social or conventional moral conditioning. It is not a state of mind that is free from guilt or shame that might be inhibiting to an otherwise libertine lifestyle. Gnosis is the condition of Holiness. It is an intimate, moment-to-moment awareness of God, within us and without us. It is 'Being in Christ,' to further use Biblical language, such that our egos are dethroned as the the governing center of our personality, and Christ is recognized as the True Center of out psychospiritual life. It is like 'shifting the assemblage point' in the fictional Casteneda books. Only here, human awareness assumes or 'puts on Christ.' That is, human awareness acKNOWledges or realizes its eternal foundation in God.

Inasmuch as this is an intrapsychic, non-social process, it historically made church, sacraments and the power-holding priesthood surperfluous. Being apolitical, Gnosticism rapidly became the enemy of the tradition-forming Church. Moreover, Valentinian Gnosticism - the biggest school - developed a creation myth that was different from the accepted Biblical Genesis, and which made Creation to be a result of a 'lesser god,' called the Demiurge, not the Father God to Whom Jesus referred. The creation was NOT good according to most Gnostics, and the body was a prison for the spirit that was separated from the Pleroma. Some Gnostics either shunned the pleasures of the body, or conversely, became libertarian, claiming that they KNEW that they were not the body, but a spiritual essence, thus they could allow the body to play freely. Both positions were extremist, and contrary to Biblical spirituality which deems creation good, but which must be interacted with judiciously and morally.

If you're interested, read Princeton scholar Elaine Pagel's 'The Gnostic Gospels' or 'The Gnostic Paul' (in that order).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #731018 - 07/08/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Gnosticism...

Just another dogma to separate from the ones that hold the power.
No one can tell his/her spiritual knowledge to another 1:1.
A good teacher only teaches techniques to REACH knowledge.

The number of the existing gods is 1
The number of the existing gods is 99 times the number of the humans that lived, that live and will be living.
The number of the existing gods is x
God doesn' t exist.

All this is true
All this is false
Free your mind

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Edited by Ini (07/08/02 08:57 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: Ini]
    #731347 - 07/08/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just another dogma to separate from the ones that hold the power.
No one can tell his/her spiritual knowledge to another 1:1.
A good teacher only teaches techniques to REACH knowledge.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinegodfather89
GnosticChristian
Male

Loc: Long Island, NY
    #8301572 - 04/18/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Larrythescaryrex said:
I have read about reaching this state so that one may overcome ones pychic censor. However I am slightly confused on how to do it. please explain more.

The state is called Gnosis, it is not obtained but experienced. Most people experience it everyday but because they are predominately psychic or hylic they dont notice it. To the Gnostic a way of reaching this state is called Meditation, Silence, Contemplation over text that speak about understanding Gnosis and the Gnostic World view (in fact The Secret Book of John might as well be called Gnosis in a Book, because, if you understand it than you can understand Gnosis).

Gnosis is a deep and intimate connection between you and God, its unity, its like Sex but in the physical world no to objects can be in the same space at the same time, this type of unity is spiritual a revelation that is so illuminating and revealing that it can change your life for ever if you allow it. Spiritual unity can happen in the same space at the same time, so imagine a merger... With the experience of Gnosis comes about the Awakening of the Christos Within.

Part of the reason why I am on this forum is to find drugs that open consciousness thought to new and different levels so that I may be able to do further introspection and inner looking to find this light of Gnosis and awaken the Christos.

Watch The Pharmacartic Inquisition by Gnostic Media they have this whole Astro-Entheo-Botonany Therory on the matter of Gnosis... Others say Gnosis represents Kundalini and one self-proclaimed gnostic named Samuel Aun Woer goes into depth about that aspect of the Gnostic, Gnosis and Kundalini idea (I don't particularly agree with it, I don't find it to be true Gnosticism, but there are those that do).

--------------------
"What people Don't Know Will Hurt them"

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: godfather89]
    #8301591 - 04/18/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

My favorite aspect of Gnosticism is the harmonious way it syncretizes different belief systems into itself.

You may very well find what you're looking for, Godfather, but remember to relax your expectations before any trip... the mind rails against expectations in a process that can be very painful.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8302479 - 04/18/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Larrythescaryrex said:

Well, to reach that state you need to do a lot of driving.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinegodfather89
GnosticChristian
Male

Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8304642 - 04/19/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
My favorite aspect of Gnosticism is the harmonious way it syncretizes different belief systems into itself.

You may very well find what you're looking for, Godfather, but remember to relax your expectations before any trip... the mind rails against expectations in a process that can be very painful.

Yeah, it seems pretty balanced there is speculation that Gnosticism had had contact with Buddhist.

Right, I dont expect I know the greater expectation is not to expect anything you (your ego) would want, it allows the flow of life to go much more easier and thats when imho, your more likely to get more out of the experience and if God wills it; give me important insights to help me better my spiritual life.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: godfather89]
    #8307366 - 04/20/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

For those wanting to experience the "gnostic" state I suggest sticking your head firmly into a large toilet bowl and pulling the handle. The resulting experience brings one closer to God. Unfortunately this "god" doesn't exist.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: reaching the gnostic state? [Re: fivepointer]
    #8307373 - 04/20/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Fivepointer just became the first poster I've ever reasonably had to "Ignore." Seriously though man, say something new, not that I'll see it now.

What a relief!

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinegodfather89
GnosticChristian
Male

#8308980 - 04/20/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
For those wanting to experience the "gnostic" state I suggest sticking your head firmly into a large toilet bowl and pulling the handle. The resulting experience brings one closer to God. Unfortunately this "god" doesn't exist.

Your interpretation on life.. not everyones... I tell you its the kind of atheism that you propagate that is similar in fashion to the fundamentalist christian evangelicals.

How so? Those "fundagelicals" say "Your wrong and I am right, accept my view or goto hell!" In your "atheist evangelism" case you basically say "Your wrong and I am right, Accept my View or your an irrational idiot!" What basically changed is the social stigma that instead of "being hell bound" I am now "an irrational nut job" both are heresies to their school of thought, its often the heretics that are hated because, they know something, they challenge the status quo...

LOL, You effectively become the one thing you fought against! Ignorance... is the mother of all evils...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8309062 - 04/20/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
For those wanting to experience the "gnostic" state I suggest sticking your head firmly into a large toilet bowl and pulling the handle.  The resulting experience brings one closer to God.  Unfortunately this "god" doesn't exist.

This is exactly how I feel about your small minded, fear driven beliefs.:thumbup: Take a look in the mirror.:monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order