Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheInnerOne111
Mind-StatesExplorer
Male

The 5th Level Experience...
    #7304957 - 08/17/07 01:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I hear people talking, every now and then, about the very high and transcendent doses of psilocybin. Terence McKenna was an advocate of trying 5 grams cubensis, and sitting in silent darkness. I've only experienced 2-3 grams dose. Can anyone whose had this experience please describe it? if possible... Or at least offer some tips / forewarnings for someone willing to try it?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: TheInnerOne111]
    #7305002 - 08/17/07 01:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

impossible to truly describe or convey

just let go, you are not really dying

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7305047 - 08/17/07 01:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

but you'll sure as hell think you are...hehehe

I ate 22 STRONG HBWR seeds one and that was ridculous...and horrible...and beautiful...truly a terrible but vauable experience...I think 5g of shrooms would be the same way...

T.Mckenna was a brave dude... He made his Aya' with 500g of fresh cielo caapi and 80g of psychotria v. per dose....Def. brave....

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

OfflineSalvinorin
I like plants.

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7305305 - 08/17/07 03:09 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to know what it is like, read the Tibetan book of the dead. The Bardo, the luminosities...they exist.

Be prepared for lots of conflicting emotions happening simultaneously, paradoxical thoughts. You won't really notice the visuals much, because the mental/spiritual aspects will take all of your attention. You no longer see things, you become them.

--------------------
"What you say is a cluster-fuck of nonsense."
- Yageman

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7305344 - 08/17/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

usefulidiot13 said:
impossible to truly describe or convey

ain't that the truth ...
When you dose high for the first time ..you'll notice the diffrence ...you might not like it at first ... there is a such ting as tripping to hard ..I've done it enuff time where I don't need to eat 5 or + grams ..I kno what can and will happen ...and once you've been to that place many of times whats the point in going back ...
IMO those high dose trips can just send you into a world of shit ...if you're not prepared ..then you're screwed and you just gotta get a grip and ride that wave... :crazy2:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: RandomHero]
    #7305359 - 08/17/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It's not dieing that scares me. It's the fear of no longer even having a death in which to escape that gets me.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: Salvinorin]
    #7305401 - 08/17/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Salvinorin said:
If you want to know what it is like, read the Tibetan book of the dead. The Bardo, the luminosities...they exist.

i'd love to hear more
do you have trip reports ?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineSalvinorin
I like plants.

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: leery11]
    #7305447 - 08/17/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have any formally written up ones, but I'll do a brief overview right now.

The experience is quite literally the process of dying, death, "whats in between", and then rebirth. It starts off nice and dreamy, like the sleep of daily life. Somewhere along the way, you lose track of time, so you look at your watch. You understand it perfectly, and thats the problem. You realize the insanity behind the watch, in that the concept of time was just another figment of the illusion of reality that you've lived your life by. You realize that now you are stepping into something that is in fact more real that you normal sober consciousness.

Part of your mind begins to be destroyed (the "rational" one) as a new one is being built (the one that realizes the essential unity hidden behind our senses). This is when most people think that they are going insane. Don't be overly surprised if you vomit from the fear. You do realize that this is the effect of an entheogen, and that you will come down, but you believe that nothing is ever going to be the same; you don't know how you'll go on living like you did before. This is the part that I think of as dying. Even your skin begins to feel corpse-like. The terror peaks as you try to latch onto things (your relationships, your name, etc.), and then subsides instantly, giving an eerie calmness as you just "let go." This is the beginning of the first luminosity.

In the first luminosity, paradoxical thoughts continue, but both incredibly intense and dull at the same time (which is fitting). Enlightenment vs. Insanity becomes a major theme. The second luminosity is a continuance of this. You can feel yourself become an enlightened being (Buddha, Krishna, Christ, etc.) and the feel yourself sink into twisted insanity, and then rise again.

The six realms that come after this are typically somewhat of a strange blur (Realm of Hell, Hungry Ghosts, Animals, Humans, Jealous Gods, Gods). As far as I know, these are different for nearly everyone, and are based upon the kind of view a person has on existence, as far as I can tell. It mainly has to do with working with your karma...overcoming the impurities of your spiritual self. It is kind of a burning away of the things in your mind that continue to separate you from the "true nature" of things. Common experiences on this are feelings of your mind splitting in two, leaving you with two difference conversing consciousnesses, or sometimes it seems that your sense of your body is scattered (you try to move your hand, but when you do, you feel it move about six miles away from the rest of your body).

Intermixed with both the luminosities as well as the realms is the Bardo...I'm sure most of you have experienced this, even if you haven't realized this. Its the concept of the "void," the space in between. If you've gotten seriously philosophical on psychedelics, you know what I'm talking about.

After all of this, you very slowly start to "come down." You feel your normal consciousness start to build the world back around your perceptions, as the senses cloud your view of the Bardo. Its like the warm blanket of normal consciousness fades in again to surround you.

Edit: I know that many of you maybe believe this is religious "BS" and may accuse me of forcing my views on people. Therefore I want to emphasize that this is my perception of it, I'm sure many of you have different experiences, all of which are equally valid. I just wanted to provide a road map for a relatively common route.

--------------------
- Yageman

Edited by Salvinorin (08/17/07 04:16 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7305490 - 08/17/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thank you for the write up

so you think psychedelics are good for karma cleaning?

any flavor, lsd, mushrooms, etc?

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

#7305549 - 08/17/07 05:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

5 grams is NOT that different from an 8th. 5 grams is NOT that big of a deal.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: Ell Ess Bree]
    #7305562 - 08/17/07 05:03 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

5 grams might be a big deal to a granny

it's all relative man

some people can toke a few hits and be higher than people who smoke an ounce a day, in fact
most people who toke a few hits can be higher than people who smoke an ounce a day

all things are relative to an extent and not so to another.

--------------------

InvisibleEll Ess Bree

#7305571 - 08/17/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I don't disagree, but usually, relatively, 5 grams isn't that big of a deal.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7305582 - 08/17/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

would you say 5 grams is stronger than 2 hits of average lsd ?

--------------------

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #7305601 - 08/17/07 05:13 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

depends on yourself and your environment...ive never done the mckenna dose but i imagine complete silence and darkness in a room while coming up, peaking, and coming down would be a hell of a night..but i think if your environment was different and you were with friends in the afternoon or a concert or something like that i dont know if the effects would be the same..but what do i know lol..theres only one way to answer it...try it out

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

InvisibleEll Ess Bree

#7305605 - 08/17/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It depends on how you define average. I've taken 2 hits of all kinds of LSD. Some were fucking amazing and others sucked asshole. I don't know what is considered average LSD by you, me, or anyone else.

LSD and shrooms are too different to compare like that as it is.

I'm not saying 5 grams wouldn't be a good time, but... it'd be... very... half-in, half-out... and that is not fucking good if you're expecting some crazy shit as described by oh so many people who hail 5g's as some big... something that it's not.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7305629 - 08/17/07 05:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know man i would expect some strong results from 1 gram, but i haven't done mushrooms yet

i just know my lsd was pretty intense, not crazy visuals but just eternal timelessness really and it was strong.

i am perhaps in for some stronger lsd soon, planning 1 and 1/2 but they are supposed to be 150 mics, who knows.

--------------------

OfflineTeotzlcoatl
Teotzlcoatl
Male

Loc: South-Eastern USA
    #7305653 - 08/17/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know many people who have eaten 7g of shrooms...

--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Offlinedlepi
Trippin' Billies
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7305678 - 08/17/07 05:42 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

if you've never eaten shrooms before id suggest eating an eighth (3.5 grams)...it'll be a good trip and i bet you'll like it...ive never eaten just one gram but i dont think it'll do much..the first time i ever ate shrooms me and a friend bought an eighth and split it so i guess it was about 1.75 grams and it was a great sense of euphoria but there weren't many visuals...my bathroom tile would change a little but hell i can make my tile move just by staring at it when i take a dump...but i say you should try out an eighth and then if you like it and you wanna try 5 then do it

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shakerhalf-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers. Also a quart of tequila,a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, two dozen amyls.
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Debunked Marijuana Myths

OfflineSalvinorin
I like plants.

Re: The 5th Level Experience... [Re: dlepi]
    #7305712 - 08/17/07 05:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

5 grams of good potency is definitely stronger than two average hits.

700 mics + 1.8g wasn't nearly as strong. Then again, when 5g are eaten, its in total silence, in total darkness, alone.

--------------------
- Yageman

OfflineSalvinorin
I like plants.

#7305736 - 08/17/07 06:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I should note though that what I had described was a Level 5 trip. What it takes to get you there will vary person to person. I know people that will be put there by 3.5-4g, while others it would take ~10g. Average seems to be in the 5-7g range.

--------------------
- Yageman

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate