Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelawbreaker
Stranger
Why can't I trip?
    #729537 - 07/07/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In the past I have used LSD and had some wonderful experiences. I have smoked marijuana and enjoyed it. Alcohol gets me buzzed too.

I grew some shrooms from spores (b+) and ate about 2 grams dried. I had a pleasant euphoric feeling and that was it. Next time I tried 2.5 grams and felt nothing. Next time 2.5 grams in a tea, nothing. Next time 3 grams, nothing. Today, 4 grams, nothing.

I don't get it. I literally heave when trying to down the things (chopped up with water) so increasing the dosage much more isn't very appealing.

The only successful trip I have had on shrooms was when I ate about 2.5 grams and after 120 minutes with no effects I went to my friends house and smoked some pot( crappy shwagg weed that normally doesn't do a whole lot for me). I was then laid out and tripped hard. It was more of a very heavy pot type experience than a psychedelic trip except that there were profound closed eye visuals that I never get from pot.

I know a tolerance builds quickly so I have spaced the dosages out about 2-4 weeks each time.

I gave some shrooms to a friend on 3 occasions and at 2.5 grams he is couch bound for hours while he trips hard so it isn't like the shrooms don't work.

What gives?

Is there such a thing as a person who just doesn't respond to shrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: lawbreaker]
    #729634 - 07/07/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you think you won't trip odds are you won't. And weed always kicks it in real good.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: ]
    #729837 - 07/07/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone's body and metabolism is different. It may take you longer, or more mushies or a better attitude going into it. Whos knows why? I can tell you that the tea idea is a bad one. The heat from tea will destroy the psilocybin. My favorite method for ingestion is to put the shrooms on a slice of bread and make a bread ball. Then eat it with some kool aid or water or whatever. You really can't taste them that much and the bread really seems to ease the stomach.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: chemkid]
    #729952 - 07/07/02 06:16 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey law i know what you mean. i got some EQ's and ate them alone in the daytime. the first time was 3.5 grams. the second was 6 grams. i tripped but not like i remembered from about 7 years ago (obvious visuals and such). then i tried a different batch of EQ's that I had. with these new ones i only ate 3 grams and then 2 grams two days apart. i also smoked weed, was with my friends and it was night time. and i definitely tripped like i remembered from way back. i don't know if the second batch was stronger or the fact that there were more variables in the mix. and i agree with dustin. i definitely think weed helps a lot.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

OfflineMadDhAdDeR420
enthusiast
Loc: Arizona
Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #730053 - 07/07/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

no doubt if u want to see visulas gets some buds you don't even need alot. I triped for the 4th of july and i was gone. i'm growing EQ's and i had 2 mushrooms the weight of them both was 30 fresh grams. I ate them with orange juice. Orange juice is the best because it gives you a better body fry and you really can't taste the shrooms to much although i enjoy the taste. Then about an hour later i ate about 1 1/2 grams of some dried shrooms. I was set for the night omg i couldn't even watch the fireworks i saw to many things to even care. If your body isn't triping off of 3 grams of dried shrooms and your growing them why only eat 3 grams shit eat 10 grams of dried shrooms if you want to trip then trip. If your growing them it should be no problem. You only live once and you can't od on shrooms so my suggestion is through down on a sack of some buds with the people your going to trip with roll up some joints. Grow 300 grams of fresh and get ready for the night of your life. Make sure your not with sober people expecially the ones that ask alot of questions. They kill your visuals. Fresh shrooms don't taste nearly as bad as dried ones do. Thats what i would do if i was you.

Have a good day good trip and live life to the fullest.

curtis

--------------------
Live life to the fullest.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: MadDhAdDeR420]
    #730307 - 07/07/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey mad...a fellow Arizonan here....what part you from?

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
    #730529 - 07/08/02 03:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hey i forgot to mention i also drank orange juice both times that i tripped good, so you might wanna try that too.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Offlinelawbreaker
Stranger
    #732967 - 07/09/02 05:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

So the consensus seems to be eat more, try OJ and weed definitely helps.

I will give the OJ a try. I know from my own experience that weed definitely helps, but I really don't want to be dependant upon it for the shrooms to do the job. I guess I just want it to be a more "pure" experience.

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I appreciate it.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #734041 - 07/09/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i dont see anything about time in here.

You build up tolerance VERY quickly. You need to wait atleast a week and it takes a month for tolerance to drop all the way. In my expierence anways.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

Re: Why can't I trip? [Re: baraka]
    #734992 - 07/09/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

MAOI's help a lot(doubles effects) and seem to distort time a lot. be carfull with those though, make sure you know what not to eat. these also help you stash last longer, or if you just have an 1/8th and want to trip harder. my dose of shooms is usually a quarter so maoi's help a lot

OfflineJuggled11
Stranger
Loc: British Columbia
    #738588 - 07/11/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I was in the exact same position you were. Then i basically just said fuck it and downed six grams of p.cubensis and I was gone. When in doubt double the dose.

InvisiblePsilocyberSpace
addict

Loc: Being
    #738679 - 07/11/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't read this thread but I just thought I'd ask how long did you wait inbetween dosages?

You need atleast bare minimum 3 days because of tolerance and I hate to say that because you should really wait like 2-4 weeks inbetween trips so your ticker can get back to baseline.

--------------------
Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
    #744226 - 07/13/02 06:29 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Some people are "immune" to mushrooms. I know someone who has taken 6 grams without any effects. Try again with pot. If that still doesn't work, maybe look into getting an MAO inhibitor.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #744228 - 07/13/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Just wondering how you dried them?
desicant? not with heat right i hope. also where they competly dry?
Other than that i have a similar problem well the wife does. I never tripped off of shrooms i bought. She did. Off the ones i grew i tripped level 4-5 every time where as she was lucky to get level 2. We found her problem was attitude. She hated to eat them and kept that feelign all trough out never letting her mind have a chance to wander and let the drug take effect.

jsut my $.02
L3D

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds