Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
interesting trip report
    #7298201 - 08/15/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

i found this experience from a web site and it was quite interesting. it is a long trip report about the guy travelling into mexico with friends during the '70s and how he came upon mushrooms. here are some paragraphs i found especially interesting:

We met two significant characters that had been living in or near San Jose for several months. One was a guy from New Buffalo Commune outside Taos, New Mexico. His wife had recently died in the desert and he and his young son had been living with the Zapotecs for some time. He said he had "eaten too many mushrooms" and the mushrooms had told him to leave. He said he had heard rumors of a very obscure tribe several days hike from San Jose del Pacifico. He made the hike alone and gave the people he met in the village some honey he had brought with him. He was given a beautiful walking stick that appeared to be from some kind of cane wood I had never seen before. The other guy was a parapsychology student from Austin, Texas and he was rather fanatical but very cool. He was a bit on the revolutionary side, and he had eaten mushrooms every day for two weeks. His lips were blue form Psilocybin and he kept asking me, "How do I look? Are you sure I look alright?"

I would assure him he looked OK and he would get this real suspicious look on his face like I was just humoring him or something.

We were told that there were two basic varieties of mushrooms to be found in San Jose del Pacifico; San Isidros and Dahrumbes. Dahrumbes were supposed to be larger and preferable to the San Isidro. Unlike the village of Huatla de Jimenez, which is reputed to have Hongos available year round due to the overlap of the Pacific and Caribbean rainy seasons, Hongos in San Jose del Pacifico are only available from late May until early September. We felt lucky to be there during the rainy season.

We were instructed first and foremost that the mushrooms must be treated with extreme respect. Any lack of respect, or frivolous disregard shown towards the Hongos, or towards nature itself, would be dealt with harshly by the mushroom entities. Rumors of taking the Shrooms and dying, getting lost forever in the Mountains, were rampant. One story circulating around the village was of a female bruja who was known to come into town on occasion wielding a machete and beheading victims in the night.. These were the cheery folks from whom we ultimately acquired our Hongos.

They had transplanted them into dirt to keep them fresh and I assumed they had just been picked that day. As the mushrooms fruited in small groups, I was instructed never to separate a mushroom from a family. If you took one, you should eat the whole family. Also if you touch one, you should eat it. Also we were warned repeatedly never to say anything disrespectful about the Hongos. Terms like "muy mistico" abounded.

I laid seven large mushrooms out on the table. I ate four and thought about the consciousness of the hongos and everything that I had heard about their "magic" effects.

The mushrooms began to speak to me. They explained that I would need to eat more. So I ate one more. That left the largest mushroom from the batch.

I was extremely reluctant to consume the last of the large dahrumbes.

The hongos explained that unless I ate the last one, I would not be able to have the "experience".

I ate the last mushroom. The dosage from the seven fresh mushrooms combined must have been the equivalent to well over a quarter ounce of dried material.

The instant I had swallowed the seventh mushroom there was a flurry of energy activity in my head and whispering voices. I slowly laid down on bench next to the picnic table bench and looked up at the roof of the grass thatched shelter.

Seven mushrooms danced above my head in a circle. I cant remember if they were holding hands but for some reason it seemed like they were.

They immediately explained that I was about to undergo a journey that would be unlike anything I could possible imagine. They also explained that due to the particular nature of my journey I must have total trust in the mushrooms, and not leave the circle, or I would never return.

I had the feeling that holding on was not really an option so I just let go, surrendering my life to the mushroom entities.

I lost all track of time and for the next hour or so my memory is very unclear. I do remember that it was quite unpleasant and I became quite ill. I really started to feel like I was going to die for sure. It was gently raining and I walked out and collapsed in the mud laying face down and began to puke. As I vomited I began to hallucinate pictures of various unpleasant scenes in my life ejecting from my body and dissolving in the mud puddles.

I lay there in the rain face down in the mud until my nausea subsided. Then I became quite elated that I had survived the ordeal and I got up and began to howl with happiness. At that time I grabbed a small crude sky rocket made out of newspaper wrapped around a stick that I had purchased in a small village from some Mayan people earlier. I stuck it in the mud and lit it and it went shooting straight up and exploded beautifully above us, reflecting it's light over the Laguna de Colours.

Then I really began to hallucinate in a way that was unlike any previous psychedelic experience I had ever had, including the wild psilocybin mushrooms I had eaten from the Pacific Northwest.

I hallucinated some kind of meso-American motif, Mayan or Aztec. The patterns ranged from intricate swirling vortexes of energy to incredible vibrating jeweled mosaics. I looked over at the forest surrounding the grass shelter and hallucinated a large light green fluorescent serpent slowly sliding out of a tree. It appeared as if it was made of turquoise and emerald. I fully realized it was a hallucination even though it appeared to be more real than real.

I remember wondering about scorpions on the forest floor at night and suddenly a three foot long scorpion appeared on the ground smoothly scurrying across the campground. He appeared totally real, with large golf ball sized brilliant glowing diamonds for eyes.

I was truly astonished.

It appeared so real that I would have thought it was in fact a giant scorpion except I knew scorpions couldn't be that large and I was almost positive they didn't have glowing diamond eyes. The spectacular hallucinations increased with my eyes open.

The night air was so filled with bejeweled splendor that even a small distance like 18 inches in front of my face was filled with such detailed swirling mosiac murals of polychromatic sentience I was totally astonished.

At some time as I was engulfed in this quagmire of spectacular visual effects, I found myself pressing through a sea of what appeared to be a multitude of "demonic" characters. They were represented as stick like figures made of energy with small bodies and horns on their heads..... There were literally billions of them in what appeared to be an infinite sea of demonic hordes. The ring of mushrooms that encircled me effortlessly passed through the yellow electric sea of demons and I got the impression that if I were to slip out of the ring of protection that I would be torn to shreds by the teeming hordes of what appeared to be hostile entities.

As I passed through the legions I approached a large square shaped monolithic "deity" face. It appeared to be the same entity who was depicted on so many Aztec and Mayan blankets and artifacts that I was somewhat familiar with.

The being began to communicate with me and conveyed the following information:

That I was one of the few and first non Mayan individuals to encounter this being and it was quite a privilege. I was told I was being rewarded for my dedication to the living network.

I was further informed that the rainbow colors the Mayans wore were pleasing to the Godform and that the spiritual practices of the Maya were based on the Hongos and that it had inspired the art and architecture of the early civilizations, including the Aztec, Toltec, Olmec, and Mayan.

I was told that when I returned to the north, I would somehow carry an important message from the Hongos to mankind.

Then I saw a large mushroom cloud rise over the lake and the hongos spoke to me saying:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end of your species".

After that the hallucinations wound down and I was able to crash before the sun rose.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: interesting trip report [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7298211 - 08/15/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Good Read! Thanks for that!:thumbup:

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

Re: interesting trip report [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7298261 - 08/15/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Some people either sell it too much to themselves, or for some fucked up reason feel the need to sell it to other people.

This is not to the OP, but to the writer of that report.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate