Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Need some help from the Liquid Culture guru's please...
    #7294880 - 08/14/07 05:58 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well, i feel i did everything correct for my 3 honey lc jars... i followed the tek that uses the dorrito salsa jar :O)

i used 3 small canning jars there the small ones not the 1 quart or pint but i think there half pint or 1/2 quart jars. i added 1 tablespoon of honey to each of the three jars then i stirred and then inoculated with spores i used 1 10cc syringe for the three jars just to be safe... after that i placed them ontop of my computer modem and put a cardboard cover over the opening.. well, i am not sure how hot the modem gets but after i placed the jars on the modem maybe half a day later i took it off cause i wasnt sure if that heat would kill the spores,did i mess up already????

also, i do not know how much water the jars can hold but i do not think its more then 250 ml i can find out.. but maybe i didnt put enough honey.. i did this lc saturday morning and i do not see much activity or improvement wait update take that back just checked the jars and i do see some white or mycelium coming around... what is the tempature i want to have the jars at? i read and was told that it can take up to two weeks for a lc is that about right? also, how long can i keep the lc's before using them? is there a procedure to be done for storing the lc's or is it something like few months if kept cold? than ks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

Re: Need some help from the Liquid Culture guru's please... [Re: tony8404]
    #7294896 - 08/14/07 06:05 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

rambling post....
I hope you pc'd the jars, you didn't mention that.
It usually takes 3-5 days or more for the spores to germinate.
That's enough honey.
Use them pretty quick or keep them in the fridge for a good while.
Let them develop at warm room temp, up to about 80 d or so.
This is what they'll look like when they germinate.

--------------------
Reality is just a way of looking at things that you were taught before you were old enough to know any better! -me

For me the world is weird because it is stupendous,awesome,mysterious,unfathomable;my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world,in this marvelous desert,in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while;in fact,too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
-Don Juan

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Need some help from the Liquid Culture guru's please... [Re: shroom1957]
    #7295060 - 08/14/07 06:56 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

sorry bout the rambling but i was super stoned... kinda got paranoid...

yes i followed the tek which included sterilization. okay cool i am seeing germinaton then... what did u use in that jar? its really clear .. mine is cloudy.. one more question- how do you know when your jar goes bad or its time to not use it anymore? also,how would i know if it is contaminated? thnks

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

#7295084 - 08/14/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That's 1/2 Tablespoon Karo to about 100ml's water. You can't cook it too long or the sugar's carmelize and turn dark, I think honey may be a little cloudy by nature.
IME if you see a bubble on the surface that doesn't want to burst that's a contaminant. If a cloudy growth forms on the top that's contamination. The mycelium will float near the bottom in a wispy cloud that looks kinda like sperm!
Once it gets all thick and wispy put it in the fridge. The only way to tell if it's going bad is to shoot one cake and see what happens.

--------------------
Reality is just a way of looking at things that you were taught before you were old enough to know any better! -me

For me the world is weird because it is stupendous,awesome,mysterious,unfathomable;my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world,in this marvelous desert,in this marvelous time. I wanted to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while;in fact,too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.
-Don Juan

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7295209 - 08/14/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

when you say cloudy at the top or the bubble, should i be looking for a certain color to the cloudiness or bubble? will the bubble be easy to spot throught the cloudy honey water ? how long does it usually take for contamination to be noticed whould it be quick or take long?

Tommorow will be the 5th day, when should i place the jars in the fridge? what temp should the fridge be? should i place the jars in a box that has been wiped down with a towel with rubbing alchol and close it, while in the fridge? how long do the jars stay in the fridge for? thanks guys.....

Offlineshroom1957
backatit
Male

#7295610 - 08/14/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Cloudy at the top will be hard to miss, it'll look kinda like a white overlay.
The bubble is kinda hard to spot, but a small air bubble that doesn't pop after 24 hours or so is bad. It'll be on the surface so you can see it without worrying about the cloudiness.
Contams usualy show up along with colonization if not faster.
Give the culture about 10 days to 2 weks or more, you can tell when it starts to slow down.
Just put it in the fridge, no special handling.

--------------------

-Don Juan

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7295714 - 08/14/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

wow thanks guys... i was getting alittle worried that i may have jumped in to fast... once there in the fridge though, will that help slow the growth down or does that make the myc eat the honey less? so once the honey runs out for the myc then thats the end? would that be like a month roughly?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale