Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePharmette
Loc: Seattle Area
Mushrooms look like buttons....
    #729251 - 07/07/02 12:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My mushrooms look like buttons, they're very small and short fat wide. The cap is the same width as the stem. Some of them even look inside out like they grew from the cap. is it the strain or did I fk up?

--------------------
When you're living life like a show, you got to take a bow to all the people you know... ~Sublime~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
Re: Mushrooms look like buttons.... [Re: Pharmette]
    #729391 - 07/07/02 01:29 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

short fat ones can be a sign of over humidifying your terrarium, its definitely true that if they are sitting directly on perlite theyll become waterlogged. put some wire down or get em on a lid for chrissakes!

--------------------
overgrow

OfflinePharmette
Loc: Seattle Area
Re: Mushrooms look like buttons.... [Re: CaliChronic]
    #731400 - 07/08/02 11:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Believe me I WISH I cad a didgicam... but I don't. They are still on the lids, which are sitting on perlite. The humidity is at 90% I can't seem to get it much higher than that. I am also hand misting the sides of the terrarium, and fanning. Is there anything that would work better? i have seen the set-ups that some people have on here with humidifiers and such. The cakes seem to be drying out and they aren't fruiting very much. maybe 6 or 7 shrooms per cake, some less. And as i've said they are very small. Suggestions? Much respect to you all! Peace...
Pharmette

--------------------
When you're living life like a show, you got to take a bow to all the people you know... ~Sublime~

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: Mushrooms look like buttons.... [Re: Pharmette]
    #731699 - 07/08/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you could definutly be doing worse. lots of folks would like to have their cakes producing 6 or 7! be happy.

fat arses aren't the end of the world. if your shrooms are fat, translucent and or fuzzy-butts for more than say half inch up the stem, then you have too much humidity. increase gas exchange, and hold off on the misting for a time. it is normal for mushrooms in the wild to go from very wet, after a rain, to modestly dry and back again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains